Kelly Q on the radio

Longestday

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Believe it or not... going into the scrimmage it was MJ, LJ, TM, and JJ. CPJ was even hedging his bets by saying "MJ is better in full pads". I would extrapolate that MJ was not having the best non-pads practice, but CPJ thinking he would pull away in pads.

MJ started with the ones and TM started with the twos. LJ then started with the ones after MJ. If you have a competition you want to see your best two with the ones. Had MJ not been hurt TM might not had a chance with the ones. LJ never ran with the 2s.

After the scrimmage TM and LJ were most likely neck and neck followed by MJ. JJ has already been stated to be fireworks for next year.

MJ seems to be having a tough time on snaps and meshes. TM and LJ had smoother transitions. Like I said... MJ got the short end of the stick due to the OL working out some bugs.... MJ still has a chance, but TM and LJ are starting to pull away.

33jacket

Helluva Engineer
I agree with your comments. But KQ did say one thing that surprised me. He believes LJ will play - I was of the opinion that he likely would not play at all. CPJ has not exactly been singing his praises saying he needs to be confident and mature. Not saying KQ is right - Just sayin!!!!

Eh. Like i said. Just a bunch of his opinions; and thats my opinion.

I think paul will select one guy and not platoon them unless its lie byerly for certain packages. Thats my opinion ;)

If lj wins out great. I like his skillset. If tm does great too!!! I just think paul is going to go with one

33jacket

Helluva Engineer
We'll see.

Doing the math. The stadium seats 75000. So tech has to sell 37500 to get 50 percent. Season tickets alone are 30000 and gone. We requested and got another 5000. Unless UT is buying our season tickets in droves....its going to be close to 50/50 imo

Now. What will happen is this. The ut orange is brighter. They will all be wearing it. It will pop way more than our mixed colors. It may look like they have more fans. But, if i go off what we sold and assume it is tech fans, plus other tech fans buying em outside on the open market. I still think 50/50.

We will see as you say!!

Last edited:

Techster

Helluva Engineer
I agree with your comments. But KQ did say one thing that surprised me. He believes LJ will play - I was of the opinion that he likely would not play at all. CPJ has not exactly been singing his praises saying he needs to be confident and mature. Not saying KQ is right - Just sayin!!!!

I think there's a subtle theme developing that no one is really talking about: LJ is not getting the hype JJ is getting, but his name keeps getting mentioned for playing time, and he's been getting a lot of run with the 1's. One thing about CPJ, he does not put QBs in that can't run the option game. There won't be a special "passing package" for LJ...if he plays, CPJ might call a few more passes, but LJ will be running our base offense.

I think CPJ has been underselling LJ for a reason, and that reason may be because LJ will play a bigger role than we expect and he doesn't want to pull another Vad Lee where he puts too much pressure on Lucas.

Em_Jae20

Helluva Engineer
Ken Sugiura is coming up on 92.9 the Game in the next 20 minutes or so. Probably no new info but it should be worth a listen.

Chris Freeman

Jolly Good Fellow
Doing the math. The stadium seats 75000. So tech has to sell 37500 to get 50 percent. Season tickets alone are 30000 and gone. We requested and got another 5000. Unless UT is buying our season tickets in droves....its going to be close to 50/50 imo

Now. What will happen is this. The ut orange is brighter. They will all be wearing it. It will pop way more than our mixed colors. It may look like they have more fans. But, if i go off what we sold and assume it is tech fans, plus other tech fans buying em outside on the open market. I still think 50/50.

We will see as you say!!
Tech sold all of the 35k that they received, correct? It sounded like UT struggled a little to sell their allotment, 25k I believe it was. That alone puts 10k more Tech fans in the stadium plus or minus individuals who purchased tickets from the opposing team's site or have family members who are for the other team etc. That only leaves 15k tickets to be sold outside the schools' ticket offices. I imagine that a lot of those will be corporate seats. So does Tech outdraw Tennessee when it comes to Atlanta based corporations, probably. Then there will be the ones with the 50 yard line seats who don't care about either one of us. I can see Tech actually outnumbering UT by a small margin but we'll all be told that the Vols dominated the attendance simply because they'll all wear the same color. I really wish we would do something about this. Make our fan color primarily white or something. At least white would pop, more than our 6 shades of gold or navy anyway.

YJMD

Helluva Engineer
Some are suggesting UT fans were buying GT season tickets to get to the game, yet they had trouble with their own allotment of 25k? Likely that some bought tickets from GT season ticket holders who weren't going to the game in the secondary market. I expect attendance to be fairly even or + on the GT side, but everyone wearing the same shade of orange is going to look a lot better represented to whatever color Tech fans show up in.

Yomanser

Recruiting Insider
Retired Staff
Tech sold all of the 35k that they received, correct? It sounded like UT struggled a little to sell their allotment, 25k I believe it was. That alone puts 10k more Tech fans in the stadium plus or minus individuals who purchased tickets from the opposing team's site or have family members who are for the other team etc. That only leaves 15k tickets to be sold outside the schools' ticket offices. I imagine that a lot of those will be corporate seats. So does Tech outdraw Tennessee when it comes to Atlanta based corporations, probably. Then there will be the ones with the 50 yard line seats who don't care about either one of us. I can see Tech actually outnumbering UT by a small margin but we'll all be told that the Vols dominated the attendance simply because they'll all wear the same color. I really wish we would do something about this. Make our fan color primarily white or something. At least white would pop, more than our 6 shades of gold or navy anyway.
Wear gold. Doesn't matter what shade - it all blends anyways - but everyone needs to wear the same color. Wear some form of yellow or gold

GTJason

Helluva Engineer
UT does a pretty good job putting butts in Sanford stadium. They travel really well which is a reason they tend to get a good bowl bid even thought they finish low in the weaker side of the SEC. There will be tons of UT fans there. The game being Monday night might scare some away but it'll be 50% UT at a minimum

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
A decent portion of our fan base doesn't give a flip about how we look as a whole. What they prefer individually on themselves, "I look best in navy thus I will wear navy by gawd." Is what determines their attire.

vamosjackets

GT Athlete
Featured Member
I would think Michigan, West Virginia, Pitt, maybe Vandy would have fan color coordination situations similar to ours. How do they deal with it?

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
I usually wear white or blue, but I think I'm starting to come around to you guys' point.
But can you do this look in white and gold?

134708784.jpg

SolicitorJacket

Jolly Good Fellow
I would think Michigan, West Virginia, Pitt, maybe Vandy would have fan color coordination situations similar to ours. How do they deal with it?

Pitt and Vandy have similar, if not worse problems putting butts in seats as Tech. WVU seems to do pretty well going primarily yellow.
tra_wvu15_576.jpg

Michigan's crowd is all over the place, like ours, but they put so many fans in The Big House and limit the visitors, that it is a non issue in my opinion.
9d3bd4e403936084ef8a9ef9ef4a358b.jpg