Justin?

BuzzKillington

Georgia Tech Fan
The bottom line is Justin is just not what we thought he would be. I hope Coach Johnson will open up the QB competition this coming off season and not simply annoit JT our QB. We have to show marked improvement in a lot of areas, including the QB position. If this is the best performance we can expect, 2016 will look a lot like 2015. I think the whole operation needs to be disected and cleansed.

Go Jackets!
Do you really think that's going to happen my man? What type of football Lala land do you live in? This coach is for sure known for switching things up as well, right? This QB isn't the best player on the field by far either, huh?

This fan base is what needs work.

Declinometer

Banned
Do you really think that's going to happen my man? What type of football Lala land do you live in? This coach is for sure known for switching things up as well, right? This QB isn't the best player on the field by far either, huh?

This fan base is what needs work.
He is right now but we will have to see next year, huh?

bke1984

Helluva Engineer
Good grief...yeah, let's open up the QB competition...might as well put someone else back there that has to run for his life every time the ball is snapped.

He's not playing well at all, but let's be honest...NO ONE would play well with the way we're blocking right now. Look what the NFL studs do when their o-line is bad...every QB on Earth is bad when they don't have time to execute.

bke1984

Helluva Engineer
Not comparing Tech to OSU, just saying the injury excuse doesn't hold water. OSU did play a 3rd string QB and did win with him. I repeat a 3rd sting QB. We are complaining about Abacks being out is laughable. How is that for clarity? If a team has to call off dogs for JT to get passes off that is not a positive any way you spin it. I can hit open receivers when I have all day to throw to. How a player handles himself when the bullets are firing at you show what kind of player you are. We've seen the answer.

Yeah, one guy on a blitz...sure...but when the ball is snapped and 5 guys are in the backfield right away, there's nothing anyone can do.

One thing I think we can do is throw some swing passes or put some balls in the flats to help out with this, but we don't call those plays often enough. We started to at the end of the ND game and the UVA game and it worked a bit. I'm just not sure why we don't do it more often

Josh H

Jolly Good Fellow
Not comparing Tech to OSU, just saying the injury excuse doesn't hold water. OSU did play a 3rd string QB and did win with him. I repeat a 3rd sting QB. We are complaining about Abacks being out is laughable. How is that for clarity? If a team has to call off dogs for JT to get passes off that is not a positive any way you spin it. I can hit open receivers when I have all day to throw to. How a player handles himself when the bullets are firing at you show what kind of player you are. We've seen the answer.

It's pretty clear that no one is going to convince you otherwise, and maybe you are just angry with the loss. I'm sure JT will concede that he should be playing better. But he's not the reason we are losing.

If JT takes a few more hits like he took throwing the TD pass to Lynch (which in my opinion shows what kind of player he is), we may see Tech's third string QB.

jd1985

Georgia Tech Fan
Wow unbelievable how many of you can get on this board criticize one player last I understood it, this is a team effort how can you expect anyone to do anything when you don't have time to set your feet make your throws go through your reads when you are running for your life literally every pass play and even some run plays. I would like to see anyone of you make plays running for your life!
I would love to be undefeated right now however I do understand the situation injuries, youthfulness and etc. The bottom line is one person can't do it by himself it takes a team effort defensively,special teams 10 other guys on the offensive side of the ball.

Declinometer

Banned
Are you insinuating that someone is going to magically pop up and be a better QB within the next half year or so? Stop with the wishful thinking...and plus I've seen some of your post and all you do is bash JT and say how they need to make a change.
Trust me, he's not the best option Qb ever. Maybe we have a jar on the shelf that can do better. I'm not ruling it out why should anyone rule it out.

It's pretty clear that no one is going to convince you otherwise, and maybe you are just angry with the loss. I'm sure JT will concede that he should be playing better. But he's not the reason we are losing.

If JT takes a few more hits like he took throwing the TD pass to Lynch (which in my opinion shows what kind of player he is), we may see Tech's third string QB.
Convince me of what? JT is playing good? No one has stated that JT cost tech the game. He maybe ur idol I don't know, but stats and record don't lie. TO'S up and completion % down. Sorry to bust ur bubble but JT IS OFF. Anger is not the emotion involving JT. Disappointed would be better.

BuzzKillington

Georgia Tech Fan
Convince me of what? JT is playing good? No one has stated that JT cost tech the game. He maybe ur idol I don't know, but stats and record don't lie. TO'S up and completion % down. Sorry to bust ur bubble but JT IS OFF. Anger is not the emotion involving JT. Disappointed would be better.
I guess you all are coaches at the college level, right? And the coach is going to base his decision on what you all think is best for the team as well?

BuzzKillington

Georgia Tech Fan
How many TD's have you thrown at the collegiate level? Or Junior High or Pee Wee for that matter? I'd love to know your completion %

Chill killington. Is JT kin to you? OK, I'm a 4 ft 3 white guy who lives through college kids. You got me. I wish I had the talent to play P5 football, but Rudy beat me to it. I apologize for having an opinion. JT IS BETTER THAN JOE MONTANA. Feel better?

Boomergump

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
I'll go on record as saying the QB competition should be open. Not just for 2016, but for every year. Not just for QB either, but EVERY position EVERY year. As a matter of fact, it should be open right now if someone can take it. I am not a big believer in incumbents, but rather, what is best for the team regardless. Players grow, things change. By saying this, I am not hating on JT. It is just a way of life in sports.

Kill ur right about the coaching part. I called PJ Sunday afternoon and told him what I thought about everything going on with the football team. He cussed at and whipped my 4 ft 3 inch white arse. This is my only means of payback. Please don't ruin this for me.

alagold

Helluva Engineer
JT is a fine athlete--but he is 5-9 and maybe 190 lbs.He is in an OFF where OL blocking is PARAMOUNT! From under-ctr it is hard to get away from a blitzing def.Then once he gets back off line,he can't see much due to height. He can handle the ball but is limited when OL misses block--even more than in a "shotgun OFF.
My biggest fear is that he won't recover from this yr--NEXT yr. --be uncertain,hurry the pitches,bad decisions on gives, rush throws because he expects to be hit ETC ETC