Justin Thomas

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
JT is our best QB since Hamilton IMHO. Ever since the UNC game where he stopped trading hits for an extra couple yards he has gotten better.

I think Byerly would be better than TW with the same number of reps. We are in a very good spot next year with JT and Byerly as a backup.

I would absolutely love to see JN with our current OL. JN was no where near as elusive, but he filled a great need ...... played warrior football and started to bring GT back to a physical reputation. No one was more physical than us in the last four games; gives JT more options if we can keep up the intensity.

GTJason

Helluva Engineer
Excuse me, I need to wipe the crap out of my pants after seeing the thread title. Sorry im traumatized from qb news of off seasons past...

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
He had 7. I like the concept of having him on the goal line. with him in who even knows if the 99 yard "fumble" return happens
I'm glad you quoted "fumble". It still irks me to irrational foot stomping and hair burning. There can be no way, none, within the rules, that a player's forward progress can be stopped at the goal line and he is pushed backward almost to the five before the ball is stripped from him, and that be considered a fumble. I'm not a conspiracy guy, either, but that call was horrific in any conference.

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
The only thing I can remember seeing this year for the first time ever was the QB reverse, or counter QB draw, or whatever you want to call it. I think the others have been tried at different times, even if not sustained with regularity. We used to run a counter draw with the handoff going to Dwyer because he was the better runner (between he and Nesbitt). In this case, JT is the better runner (between he and any of our BBs) so he gets to keep the draw play. It is not that huge of a variation.

With all this said, I think you are right, JT has been trusted with a lot. We have seen a lot of plays return under him this last half of the season.
Thanks. Now I am going to enjoy that he runs the offense much more quickly and with greater assertiveness than any in the past. There is no hope for any Tech fan who doesn't enjoy watching this offense go to work. Thanks for looking at it.

Yaller Jacket

Ramblin' Wreck
We started the season thinking that JT would probably struggle some in his first year as starter. Probably toss some bad pitches, throw into coverage and get intercepted, fumble some. Well, his pitches were great, he didn't fumble, and he only threw into coverage about the same number of times for the whole year as any seasoned NFL pro does. I hardly see how it is possible for him to get any quicker running the offense. About the only thing I can see for him to work on is passing accuracy, and he is already pretty darned good at that.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
We started the season thinking that JT would probably struggle some in his first year as starter. Probably toss some bad pitches, throw into coverage and get intercepted, fumble some. Well, his pitches were great, he didn't fumble, and he only threw into coverage about the same number of times for the whole year as any seasoned NFL pro does. I hardly see how it is possible for him to get any quicker running the offense. About the only thing I can see for him to work on is passing accuracy, and he is already pretty darned good at that.
Audibles.

JacketFromUGA

Helluva Engineer

There were 2 INTs that stick out to me as him just inexplicably failing to throw it away and rather just tossing it down the line thinking it would go out. He seemed to cut that out after a couple earfuls from CPJ.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
There were 2 INTs that stick out to me as him just inexplicably failing to throw it away and rather just tossing it down the line thinking it would go out. He seemed to cut that out after a couple earfuls from CPJ.
The second fumble in the mutt game was him trying to do too much for the situation, too. I think next time he'll throw it away much sooner. I think there's plenty of room for him to grow, but I love where he's at right now.

GTJoeBrew

Helluva Engineer
Excuse me, I need to wipe the crap out of my pants after seeing the thread title. Sorry im traumatized from qb news of off seasons past...
Sorry, I didn't even think about that when I bumped it up the to front... Completely forgot that just the player's name in the thread title usually means bad news...

danny daniel

Helluva Engineer

The only two really bad plays I can recall that JT made all season were the two interceptions on the sideline where the throw-away pass was not high enough to get out of bounds....a mistake I doubt he makes again. Overall he performed like a seasoned senior IMO.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
The only two really bad plays I can recall that JT made all season were the two interceptions on the sideline where the throw-away pass was not high enough to get out of bounds....a mistake I doubt he makes again. Overall he performed like a seasoned senior IMO.
Didn't he throw two pics at Duke? One of those wasn't a throw away.

Minawreck

Ramblin' Wreck
When I watch these videos of Jutin Thomas, it just makes our offense look so awesome.

Like it just looks like pure unbridled fun with him at the helm. Like a backyard/street fooball game or something.

GlennW

Helluva Engineer
JeT took his game to a whole new level against FSU. I was so excited to watch him play in the OB, and somehow, he exceeded my expectations.

That juke on the TD run? That other TD run where he lasered focused on that pylon at ungodly speed? I knew that TD pass was TD before the camera switched angles just by the way he released the ball. The way he carried himself in the 2nd half reminded me of the swag Devin Hester has when he comes on to the field for a punt return...Just a player who knows that if there's a seam, he'll score.

Remember the look on JeT's face after the pump fake fumble against UGA? I think that was a defining moment for him. Ever since that play, JeT has played at a Heisman level. Really, we might have the best player in college football at QB - as you guys said - for the next 2 years.

And to think Justin was just starting to feel "healed" from all of his nagging injuries in time for the Orange Bowl so the rest of the world could see what he could do on the big stage, too. Here's hoping the Offensive Linemen stay healthy next season, and build on their momentum; the new WR's turn out to be "Spiderman" when passes are thrown their way and the "Thing" when they are tasked to block, and our new stable of running backs all resemble Jonathan Dwyer, at his best, every time they handle the ball. Those things happen and Justin will rush for 1,200+ yards and pass for 2,000+ more.

GTRX7

Helluva Engineer

I think he will also improve throwing on the roll out. He wasn't bad at it, but did struggle making some pretty easy throws on the roll out in certain games (think first half at UGA). That is a real nit pick though. Love the kid!