Justin Fuente out at Virginia Tech

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
is sad ain't it ?
Seems to be the only alternative unless you are a factory like LSU. I am still kind of surprised that Virginia Tech let Fuentes go with 43 wins in 6 years. Perhaps, the BC game this year was the straw that broke the camel's back. He may not be the only one as there are rumblings from South Beach that Manny's days at Miami are numbered.

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
Yeh - well, it's kinda' his job to say that. Better than Braine saying, "We're a mediocre program that will show occasional flashes of brilliance."(I know that's not the quote, but that's what I heard)
That was kind of the quote. He may or may not have been correct, but WTF? What AD would actually go on record saying that? (besides the obvious)

LongforDodd

LatinxBreakfastTacos
That was kind of the quote. He may or may not have been correct, but WTF? What AD would actually go on record saying that? (besides the obvious)
It was more along the lines of that with the constraints that the Admin and the Provost puts on athletics and, as it more particularly affects the FB team, we should expect no more than seven wins a season.

tmhunter52

Helluva Engineer
Me too…and I am ticked at the lack of consequences for GC from it, the Clemson slaughter, & 2019 UGA killing. Yet GT alums & fans are made to feel like **** for expecting basically what are VT’s standards…
Hey, they’re Virginia Tech! They can do that!

Root4GT

Helluva Engineer
Fuente would be an interesting OC candidate. His development of QBs at TCU and Memphis were pretty good (he was Andy Daltons OC and QBs coach at TCU, and developed Paxton Lynch at Memphis). His offenses have been decent to good in the ACC...outside of this season.
You don't want Fuentes anywhere near your QB room. I live in Northern VA and my son is a VT grad. Fuentes ruined the VT team over QBs similar to what Bill Lewis did at GT. He basically ran off Hooker, now Tennessee's starting QB who is lighting it up. He also ran off the QB who is now the starter for NDST and as usual they are a top tier FCS team. The guys who he kept are worse QBs but they don't look like the 2 he ran off. Take it for what it's worth. VT fans have loudly been cheering Fire Fuentes at several games the past 2 years.