Justice Dingle in the portal

Deleted member 2897

They also don't field 5-6 DBs for 90% of their defensive plays....

Well, there are 9 players not on the DL for Notre Dame on the top tackles list before you get to the first one that is on the DL. Their leading tackler on the DL is averaging 2.2 tackles per game. 5 of their leading tacklers are DBs and the other 4 are LBs.

boger2337

Helluva Engineer
As has been said he’s not been able to get any appreciable time in 2 years so not sure why the optimism. He was an OLB in a 3-4 alignment and hasn’t been able to adjust to the 4-3. It happens. Good luck to him.
But do we run a 4-3? We run more of a 3-2-6 or a 3-3-5. They moved him to DE because we had weak areas, where he could of possibly found success at the OLB. You need a Deion Jones type MLB in this defense. Ball hawk and sure tackler. Then you need some speed at that 2 OLB spots. Think 6'3 220-240lbs 4.5 speed. DEs one large one fast. Ideal if both big and fast. People think offensive lines are getting smaller. I think the true big time teams are just getting guys who are faster. Clemson's OL averages about 309lbs.
LT 335
LG309
C305
RG300
RT300

We cannot line up a 270lb DT and 2 280lbs DEs that are slower or just as fast at the OL. It is a sure fire lose situation. DT needs to be a monster 6'1-6'4 330lb bulldozer. DEs need either 4.4-4.6 speed. Or need to be FREAK athletes that can capitalize on the RT and LT being less athletic/fast.

boger2337

Helluva Engineer
Well, there are 9 players not on the DL for Notre Dame on the top tackles list before you get to the first one that is on the DL. Their leading tackler on the DL is averaging 2.2 tackles per game. 5 of their leading tacklers are DBs and the other 4 are LBs.
As it probably should be. For a Nickel or Dime you your DL is basically trying to hold ground. With Collins he wants his LBs to be head hunters with his DBs being ball hawks while also being physical. I don't think the DL is as explosive in his defense as the LB-DB spot. Most of the players he has ever sent to the NFL are LBs and DBs. DL is just some big mountain of men that wont allow the line to move forward and can create holes for the LBs to come in for a sack.

boger2337

Helluva Engineer
Wow. 3 of the better CPJ recruited players (based on HS ratings) are out. Graham, Henderson, and Dingle. Amazing how scheme changes the output of players. Sadly 2 of them we need some SUPERSTARS in their positions. If we could land a top 10 MLB, and top 15 DT, and a top 15 OLB we may have a defense going for us. Question is... can we land that talent. I think we are more likely to land LBs than DT. DBs should never be an issue. If we could recruit as well at DL as we do DB we would be in excellent shape.

jacketup

Helluva Engineer
Wow. 3 of the better CPJ recruited players (based on HS ratings) are out. Graham, Henderson, and Dingle. Amazing how scheme changes the output of players. Sadly 2 of them we need some SUPERSTARS in their positions. If we could land a top 10 MLB, and top 15 DT, and a top 15 OLB we may have a defense going for us. Question is... can we land that talent. I think we are more likely to land LBs than DT. DBs should never be an issue. If we could recruit as well at DL as we do DB we would be in excellent shape.

Graham was a low 4 star as athlete. He wasn't a QB and never found his position.

Henderson was a high 3 star on Rivals, but under Collins, we have done pretty well with defensive players his size who have a 5.7 rating (and Collins likes them taller than 6'1). The Collins recruits may be better, and Henderson saw that, but I don't know why he left. It is true that he was one of the better Johnson recruits, but that speaks to why we are having problems now.

Dingle played HS FB in Western Ky where the competition level is low. He may have been overrated.

Ibeeballin

Im a 3*
They also don't field 5-6 DBs for 90% of their defensive plays....

lol Is this your final answer

B58675E3-9724-41B2-8D3F-9B903AFBDFF7.jpeg

gville_jacket

Ramblin' Wreck
Whatever. The fact is that GT hired Collins because he has been at multiple factories and will finally get GT in the modern recruiting and roster management era. So some of you can pretend we are somehow “superior”, but the reality is Collins is processing and I imagine this off season he’ll finally be unleashed to do what he has learned from those SEC programs after having to play nice with the previous coach‘s players. I wish he would have been allowed to do it from day 1, but atleast now our bottom 30 players won‘t be a drag on the entire program. And before y’all come at me, not one player is being kicked out of school. They are choosing to leave the almighty GT after being given honest information. They could all stay if they really wanted that GT degree.
I agree in part with you, that Collins was hired to bring us into modern recruiting/roster management. However, I don't think he was being held back or told to play nice. I think he honestly valued their leadership and could have risked losing locker room just blindly "processing" guys who couldn't reach his bar. Plus it's not like we could sign a 40 person class so it's smart of him to space out those "processed" players and have guys available to take their place. I think this class and next will be big (that'd be 3 in a row of larger signing classes) before he's done reshuffling the roster.

alagold

Helluva Engineer
All this moving is just modern football life.If they could be the top backup in their position and a path to # 1,then they stay.If they don',they leave.This is the way I see it.

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
Eh. Pretty vague thing to say. Maybe the guys not getting PT do feel frozen out. Not unusual.

It's one thing to be second string/receive little or no playing time at OSU or Bama. When you are in the same situation on a team with a losing record, it's a double whammy and it's more common for the athlete to point fingers and blame at the coaching staff. Wish him all the best wherever he goes. As Eminem said, you only get one shot at this in your lifetime.

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
So.... this is a weird position to transfer out as he would have a solid chance to start. I am curious if it is due to his brother or lack of faith in the program.

We will see attrition this year. Without Gold shaded glasses on, how many transfer due to wanting to play for a better team, or possibly a smaller SEC school if they can get it. I assume Dingle could go to Kentucky, Miss St, Ole Miss type schools.

I wish him the best. He has to do what he thinks is best for him and his family.

We are going to be extremely THIN on the DL next year. This will NOT help with the rebuild. If we don't land McCoy or Ball I think we have another sub .500 year next year. Dline and Oline are the most important position groups in football. We currently have a terribly weak Dline away from Domeneck. At least our Oline is building.
The thing to remember here is that it isn't written in the stars that people we have playing OL now will play OL in the future. Indeed, I'd be surprised if we didn't play some musical chairs between this year and next; most of the people we have on OL played on D in high school and that is not that hard a transition to make. Still, having Dingle leave isn't the best news I've had today.

Good luck, Justice, wherever you end up. Thanks for playing football for the Jackets!

Adadu

Helluva Engineer
From his own family. Junayehs mom has spoken out about it too...View attachment 9483
Sucks that they feel this way but totally understand where this is coming from. This is inherent with coaching changes, some people will just feel differently or will be interacted with differently. No shame in transferring, I feel like it is far too stigmatized in college athletics. In the grand scheme of things it's kind of silly to even really care about where you went to school at all in life.

stinger 1957

Helluva Engineer
When CGC arrived I thought at the time that DL was going to be a tough spot for us for a few years because we had so many that did not appear to fit what CGC would be looking for in DLs, appears to me that has been exactly the problem, so kids making decision to leave and play else where is a plus as far as I'm concerned. I just hope that the CGC recruits on the DL develop quickly, seems to me that we recruited a lot of developmental kids which is the way you build a program when you're starting from scratch IMO.
DLs that move really well seem to me to be a must in CFB today, it has a look to me like basketball on grass.

Last edited: