Justice Dingle in the portal

boger2337

Helluva Engineer
So.... this is a weird position to transfer out as he would have a solid chance to start. I am curious if it is due to his brother or lack of faith in the program.

We will see attrition this year. Without Gold shaded glasses on, how many transfer due to wanting to play for a better team, or possibly a smaller SEC school if they can get it. I assume Dingle could go to Kentucky, Miss St, Ole Miss type schools.

I wish him the best. He has to do what he thinks is best for him and his family.

We are going to be extremely THIN on the DL next year. This will NOT help with the rebuild. If we don't land McCoy or Ball I think we have another sub .500 year next year. Dline and Oline are the most important position groups in football. We currently have a terribly weak Dline away from Domeneck. At least our Oline is building.

Oakland

Helluva Engineer
His brother is going to sign with Kentucky. He could wind up there or at Western Kentucky. I could see us losing two or three more, but we need to keep our DL players.

Oakland

Helluva Engineer
We are going to be extremely THIN on the DL next year. This will NOT help with the rebuild. If we don't land McCoy or Ball I think we have another sub .500 year next year. Dline and Oline are the most important position groups in football. We currently have a terribly weak Dline away from Domeneck. At least our Oline is building.
You're right. That's where the winning begins. I think we will lose two running backs and one offensive lineman by this summer.

Ibeeballin

Im a 3*
So.... this is a weird position to transfer out as he would have a solid chance to start. I am curious if it is due to his brother or lack of faith in the program.

We will see attrition this year. Without Gold shaded glasses on, how many transfer due to wanting to play for a better team, or possibly a smaller SEC school if they can get it. I assume Dingle could go to Kentucky, Miss St, Ole Miss type schools.

I wish him the best. He has to do what he thinks is best for him and his family.

I really struggle with your thought process a good bit.

1: Where was this solid chance to start at? He was behind the freshman

2: If our players couldn’t play here, what make you think they would be contributors at equivalent or better school?

3: Have you looked at the depth chart? Thin does not apply

4: What gives you the idea Ball or McCoy impact will decide our record?

smokey_wasp

Helluva Engineer
Ya'll are overthinking it. He was only able to get in 1 game at a position of extreme need. It is what it is.

Doubt UK would be a possible destination if he couldn't crack the ATL here but wish him well.

Last edited:

SWATlien

Ramblin' Wreck

2: If our players couldn’t play here, what make you think they would be contributors at equivalent or better school?

What makes him think the staff DL recruiting success is dependent on McCoy & Ball?

boger2337

Helluva Engineer

1. The Dline is so bad anyone has a solid chance to start with anotther offseason especially if Covid protocols are eased.

2. For a lot of schools would take a former 4 star athlete that was a MLB in high school that was pushed to be a large DE in college. He sheds some weight and he may be a stellar OLB in a 3-4 or at best a decent DE. Not every player jives with the school they pick or the new staff that comes on that didn't recruit them.

3. Name 3 guys on the Dline that would start at a VT, UNC, FSU, Miami. Shot name 2! Clayton might start, and Domineck MIGHT play in the rotation. He is shining here because we have no one else. Otherwise we have several unproven Redshirt freshmen and freshmen. As many injuries as we have seen we need depth for days. I'd say we need about 12-14 Dlinemen. Losing one that had some promise sucks. Ratings aren't everything, but to lose someone at a position of need is never good.

4. Griffin being our starting DT will not lead to a winning season. He is extremely undersized. Mike Lockhart is currently our only DT worth 2 cents. We lose Brooks and Owens. That leaves us Girffin, Lockhart, and maybe Stone. THAT WON'T CUT IT. I have zero faith in Griffin, and hope and pray Lockhart turns into a monster and doesn't get hurt. As he is the only DT that has proper size to play the position. Everyone else is under 280... In a defense where you play 5-6 DBs You shouldn't have a sub 300lb DT on the field at anytime.

boger2337

Helluva Engineer
What makes him think the staff DL recruiting success is dependent on McCoy & Ball?
Name 1 DT that has proper size to be on the field that is on the roster next year outside of Lockhart. Should NOT have a sub 300lb DT touch the field.

gville_jacket

Ramblin' Wreck
1. The Dline is so bad anyone has a solid chance to start with anotther offseason especially if Covid protocols are eased.

2. For a lot of schools would take a former 4 star athlete that was a MLB in high school that was pushed to be a large DE in college. He sheds some weight and he may be a stellar OLB in a 3-4 or at best a decent DE. Not every player jives with the school they pick or the new staff that comes on that didn't recruit them.

3. Name 3 guys on the Dline that would start at a VT, UNC, FSU, Miami. Shot name 2! Clayton might start, and Domineck MIGHT play in the rotation. He is shining here because we have no one else. Otherwise we have several unproven Redshirt freshmen and freshmen. As many injuries as we have seen we need depth for days. I'd say we need about 12-14 Dlinemen. Losing one that had some promise sucks. Ratings aren't everything, but to lose someone at a position of need is never good.

4. Griffin being our starting DT will not lead to a winning season. He is extremely undersized. Mike Lockhart is currently our only DT worth 2 cents. We lose Brooks and Owens. That leaves us Girffin, Lockhart, and maybe Stone. THAT WON'T CUT IT. I have zero faith in Griffin, and hope and pray Lockhart turns into a monster and doesn't get hurt. As he is the only DT that has proper size to play the position. Everyone else is under 280... In a defense where you play 5-6 DBs You shouldn't have a sub 300lb DT on the field at anytime.

Umm... TK Chimedza

THWG

Helluva Engineer

You are forgetting about Chimedza and Owens can return for another year. We also have Douse and Johnson.

smokey_wasp

Helluva Engineer

Agree Griffin isn't the ideal size but the fact that he starts tells you something about how the coaches see the guys behind him, including Dingle. Believe they came in the same class.