Justice Dingle in the portal

Jacketman99

Ramblin' Wreck
We need to get used to the fact that in these times there will be a lot of transfers both in and out of the program. This is happening at all schools. That does not mean there is an issue with the program or athletes have a lack of faith in the program. If a guy is not getting playing time and seems to be passed up by younger players, there is a good possibility he may transfer. It is what it is.

Also, I think I remember Akelo Stone posting he was at about 290 before the season. No reason he cannot be 300+ by next season. I would imagine Emmanuel Jouhnson could add some good weight and move inside if needed.

This is why we as an Athl Dept need stop with the "we are Tech Men and our Athl Program is run with INTEGRITY"

Players dribbling & dragging out the door as they see fit causes chaos & instability in our FB Program

GT needs to "sack up" and start running with the Big Boys and start processing the underperformers and bring IN an infusion of Talent that can also Graduate

For all those anti-Roster Mgmt guys out there, it's OK for guys to saunter out the door in their own sweet time frame causing us to miss out on much needed Incoming Recruits on both LoS's, leaving us short-handed and in a weak position on Critical Recruits because it forces CGC to "slow play" HS Seniors and tell them "right now we don't have a slot, but there's a chance something might open up" - when that happens a school like GT is basically out of the running for that Player

Now, guys like Dingle can walk away from "our precious GT Degree offering" AND we are in too late to develop the needed Relationships to get a good Recruit with that slot for 2021

Examples like this is why you give your incoming HC the same leeway that Satterfield got at Louisville - 1st Day he released 14 verbal commits from the Cards and went out looking for his guys

Clear proof that "the honorable integrity method rooted in the mid50s" no longer applies to CFB in 2020 & beyond

Oversigning

Processing

Roster Mgmt

Learn these words & phrases, they will be the cornerstone of how we build our Interior Line Depth and elevate our FB Program's Talent Level

Deleted member 2897

1. The Dline is so bad anyone has a solid chance to start with anotther offseason especially if Covid protocols are eased.

2. For a lot of schools would take a former 4 star athlete that was a MLB in high school that was pushed to be a large DE in college. He sheds some weight and he may be a stellar OLB in a 3-4 or at best a decent DE. Not every player jives with the school they pick or the new staff that comes on that didn't recruit them.

3. Name 3 guys on the Dline that would start at a VT, UNC, FSU, Miami. Shot name 2! Clayton might start, and Domineck MIGHT play in the rotation. He is shining here because we have no one else. Otherwise we have several unproven Redshirt freshmen and freshmen. As many injuries as we have seen we need depth for days. I'd say we need about 12-14 Dlinemen. Losing one that had some promise sucks. Ratings aren't everything, but to lose someone at a position of need is never good.

4. Griffin being our starting DT will not lead to a winning season. He is extremely undersized. Mike Lockhart is currently our only DT worth 2 cents. We lose Brooks and Owens. That leaves us Girffin, Lockhart, and maybe Stone. THAT WON'T CUT IT. I have zero faith in Griffin, and hope and pray Lockhart turns into a monster and doesn't get hurt. As he is the only DT that has proper size to play the position. Everyone else is under 280... In a defense where you play 5-6 DBs You shouldn't have a sub 300lb DT on the field at anytime.

This post deserves to go straight into the trash can. And then covered over with a pile of excrement so it never sees the light of day again.

ncjacket79

Helluva Engineer
So.... this is a weird position to transfer out as he would have a solid chance to start. I am curious if it is due to his brother or lack of faith in the program.

We will see attrition this year. Without Gold shaded glasses on, how many transfer due to wanting to play for a better team, or possibly a smaller SEC school if they can get it. I assume Dingle could go to Kentucky, Miss St, Ole Miss type schools.

I wish him the best. He has to do what he thinks is best for him and his family.

We are going to be extremely THIN on the DL next year. This will NOT help with the rebuild. If we don't land McCoy or Ball I think we have another sub .500 year next year. Dline and Oline are the most important position groups in football. We currently have a terribly weak Dline away from Domeneck. At least our Oline is building.
As has been said he’s not been able to get any appreciable time in 2 years so not sure why the optimism. He was an OLB in a 3-4 alignment and hasn’t been able to adjust to the 4-3. It happens. Good luck to him.

Last edited:

Deleted member 2897

This is why we as an Athl Dept need stop with the "we are Tech Men and our Athl Program is run with INTEGRITY"

Players dribbling & dragging out the door as they see fit causes chaos & instability in our FB Program

GT needs to "sack up" and start running with the Big Boys and start processing the underperformers and bring IN an infusion of Talent that can also Graduate

For all those anti-Roster Mgmt guys out there, it's OK for guys to saunter out the door in their own sweet time frame causing us to miss out on much needed Incoming Recruits on both LoS's, leaving us short-handed and in a weak position on Critical Recruits because it forces CGC to "slow play" HS Seniors and tell them "right now we don't have a slot, but there's a chance something might open up" - when that happens a school like GT is basically out of the running for that Player

Now, guys like Dingle can walk away from "our precious GT Degree offering" AND we are in too late to develop the needed Relationships to get a good Recruit with that slot for 2021

Examples like this is why you give your incoming HC the same leeway that Satterfield got at Louisville - 1st Day he released 14 verbal commits from the Cards and went out looking for his guys

Clear proof that "the honorable integrity method rooted in the mid50s" no longer applies to CFB in 2020 & beyond

Oversigning

Processing

Roster Mgmt

Learn these words & phrases, they will be the cornerstone of how we build our Interior Line Depth and elevate our FB Program's Talent Level

This post needs to be set on fire, covered in excrement, stuffed into an old toilet from a junk yard, welded inside a steel box, driven out into the middle of the ocean, and dumped overboard. It can sit on the bottom of a 20,000 foot deep ocean never to see the light of day again.

SOWEGA Jacket

Helluva Engineer
Whatever. The fact is that GT hired Collins because he has been at multiple factories and will finally get GT in the modern recruiting and roster management era. So some of you can pretend we are somehow “superior”, but the reality is Collins is processing and I imagine this off season he’ll finally be unleashed to do what he has learned from those SEC programs after having to play nice with the previous coach‘s players. I wish he would have been allowed to do it from day 1, but atleast now our bottom 30 players won‘t be a drag on the entire program. And before y’all come at me, not one player is being kicked out of school. They are choosing to leave the almighty GT after being given honest information. They could all stay if they really wanted that GT degree.

WreckinGT

Helluva Engineer

Oversigning

Processing

Roster Mgmt

Ignoring the obvious ethical concerns, im not sure that an act like Alabama when you can't recruit like Alabama strategy is going to work out the way that you think it will. I'm also not sure it really jives with the CGC really loves his players vibe he has worked so hard to put out there.

This post needs to be set on fire, covered in excrement, stuffed into an old toilet from a junk yard, welded inside a steel box, driven out into the middle of the ocean, and dumped overboard. It can sit on the bottom of a 20,000 foot deep ocean never to see the light of day again.
I respect the tone of your opinion, not the misplaced hyperbole

Facts:

#1 - The Players that leave GT in this fashion don't give a hoot about our fancy degrees or sugar-plum dreams of "40 year decisions"

#2 - Players that leave us like this put our Coaches & Recruiting Staff in limbo WRT finding incoming Talent, this is especially harmful to GT since we need about 20 interior DLs & Ols combined in the next 2 Recruiting Classes just to get to a normal Pwr5 Depth Chart on both Lines after you take into account "shrinkage"

#3 - Since it obvious that Playing FB is the most important thing to the Players, why are we still handicapping our Coaches & Recruiters making our journey back to respectability that much tougher?

#4 - This isn't the 50s & 60s, modern day CFB is too physical and played at too high of a Level for Players to hang around getting their Brains beat in practicing with no opportunity to PLAY in Games and give them a shot at the NFL, in the Era of 230lb OLinemen, folks would stay just for the Degree, that no longer happens, only Walk-Ons stay for the Degree, FB Players want ro Play & put something on Film and hope that just 1 NFL Scout Falls in love with what they see

#5 - Even Coaches that the typical GT Fan loves , a guy like Leach with his folksy tell-it-like-it-is demeanor, he's had 18 guys at Miss State hit the portal already, my guess is that he rescinded maybe 5 offers in his first Recruiting Class - that's 23 slots opened up & he's been there less than a year

#6 - at some point the well-being of the Program has to be balanced with giving Players the chance to Graduate as long as they are among to Top60 guys we have, basically first & second Stringers

#7 - we can't keep crippling ourselves, so that WE can feel better about ourselves, my guess is that the Players don't want unproductive guys on the Roster, hurting our chance to win

We just can't keep putting ourselves at a disadvantage just so we can act high & mighty and claim the moral high ground, yet your suggestion is to wait for the Player to put The Program in bind rather than being proactive

I just don't understand the logic from some of you guys, not playing to win will never register with me