Just gonna say it....

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
Who cares where we are picked to finish? Honestly.
Oh, I think it's fun to see how wrong pre-season predictions are. Why anyone actually pays any attention to them is beyond me, they are always SO inaccurate, but unless you retrospectively look at how bad they really were, you may not realize it!

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer
Oh, I think it's fun to see how wrong pre-season predictions are. Why anyone actually pays any attention to them is beyond me, they are always SO inaccurate, but unless you retrospectively look at how bad they really were, you may not realize it!
Looking at college football magazines and looking at preseason polls are about all there is to do during the dreaded "Dark Period" time of the year;)

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
Our men should be playing Clemson in 2 weeks. Pitt should NEVER win the Coastal. I mean..... congrats to them and yeah, I'm a bit salty, but damn it man. All we needed was one. Damn. More ACC win...... smh. Also the attendance at BDS was freaking pathetic tonight. #THWg

I hear you but Pitt is a good team. They won the games they needed and put together a nice winning streak. This is their first championship so congratulations to them. They have no chance against Clemson but then no one else would in the Coastal save perhaps Miami on a day when everything is clicking. IIWII

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
I hear you but Pitt is a good team. They won the games they needed and put together a nice winning streak. This is their first championship so congratulations to them. They have no chance against Clemson but then no one else would in the Coastal save perhaps Miami on a day when everything is clicking. IIWII

I think Tech and UVA would have better chances to beat Clemson than duhU but both of those would be shockers too.

Pitt deserves the coastal crown. Coastal imo goes...
1. Pitt
2. Tech
3. UVA
4. Puke
5. VPI
6. UNCheat

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
Attendence is down literally everywhere. It isn't 1963 any more, people have other options.

1963? Billy Lothridge, runner up in Heisman to Roger Staubach, Billy Martin All American end, Rufus Guthrie All American guard, Ted Davis, etc. Winning three in a row against UGA, a feat not repeated for thirty plus years. Yep, its not 1963 when we regularly ***** slapped Tennessee, Auburn, UGA. Nope, it is not 1963 when Grant Field was routinely sold out regardless of the opponent. But do carry on.

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
I think Tech and UVA would have better chances to beat Clemson than duhU but both of those would be shockers too.

1. Pitt
2. Tech
3. UVA
4. Puke
5. VPI
6. UNCheat

Makes sense. My point about Miami was that talent wise they could on a given day get lucky against Clemson but they could just as easily lose to any number of ACC teams. UVA is well coached, big and tough in the trenches but they match up best against Tech rather than Clemson. Trevor Lawrence would probably eat them alive.

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer

1. Pitt
2. Tech
3. UVA
4. Puke
5. VPI
6. UNCheat

You know, looking at those teams any of them from the bottom to the top is capable of beating one of the others even UNC when they have their head screwed on right can play with any of the others. Crazy division for sure.

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
Miami's 10-0 start in 2017 was fool's gold for all of the prognosticators. They had luck on their side and a couple of their wins during that streak (FSU & GT) were nothing short of miracles.

Yes quite so but you know its kind of funny how that Richt character manages to find gold usually at our expense. It is also a possibility that Miami fans being the way they are have just about run out of what little patience they ever had and are ready to run him out of town. Some of them seem to think that the glory days will return if ONLY they had the right coach. Mass delusion is a terrible thing, don't you think?

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
I bet PAWL is still regretting the fake punt on 4th and 7 on our own 26 in the first quarter against Pitt.
Doubt there is a football coach in captivity who goes through a season without regrets and second guessing himself. At that point in the season, though, nobody was talking Tech or Pitt for division title. All the talk was Miami -- the real Notre Dame of the ACC because they are crowned just because -- and Virginia Tech. There is scarcely a vapor trail left of those two now. Now, there are some major regrets.

GRGT96

Georgia Tech Fan
It was awesome from the upper east too.
IMG_1855.JPG
IMG_1857.JPG

GTJake

Helluva Engineer
The ACC should just automatically award Clemson the ACC Championship this year, save the sacrificial lamb that Pitt will be and reschedule the game to have Pitt vs. GT for the Coastal Trophy.
The game would be more interesting, TV ratings would be better and we'd get another shot from our early season whiff at Pitt ...