Juice Builds Juice

GTFLETCH

Banned
Yes Sir... With 4 Star WR and the 8th Recruit.. CGC has them recruits coming to the FLATS!! We are ranked 41 nationally via Rivals, 39th via 247 , 45th via ESPN

JacketOff

Helluva Engineer
Yes Sir... With 4 Star WR and the 8th Recruit.. CGC has them recruits coming to the FLATS!! We are ranked 41 nationally via Rivals, 39th via 247 , 45th via ESPN
YESSIR!!! Ahead of:
  • Florida State
  • Kentucky
  • Arkansas
  • Washington
  • Purdue
  • Alabama
  • Louisville
  • Oklahoma
  • Ole Miss
  • South Carolina
  • Virginia Tech
  • TCU
  • Oklahoma State
  • Stanford
  • UCLA
Seriously man, you make an *** out of yourself everytime you make one of these posts. Your original post was bad, and yes, Milwaukee does rehash it. But you don’t have to defend a bad original opinion. Things are going to change drastically between now and signing day. There’s no need to act like it’s a big deal. The first 4 star of this class committed today, can we at least be positive about it?

GTFLETCH

Banned
YESSIR!!! Ahead of:
  • Florida State
  • Kentucky
  • Arkansas
  • Washington
  • Purdue
  • Alabama
  • Louisville
  • Oklahoma
  • Ole Miss
  • South Carolina
  • Virginia Tech
  • TCU
  • Oklahoma State
  • Stanford
  • UCLA
Seriously man, you make an *** out of yourself everytime you make one of these posts. Your original post was bad, and yes, Milwaukee does rehash it. But you don’t have to defend a bad original opinion. Things are going to change drastically between now and signing day. There’s no need to act like it’s a big deal. The first 4 star of this class committed today, can we at least be positive about it?
I think it is a great signing, what I like about the class thus far is all of the lineman. While you think my original post is bad, it is only bad when the folks who put CGC on the pedastal before he really did anything. I mean the folks were so pissed at Coach Johnson for have recruting classes in the forties.... that CGC has to have a top 30 class every year to prove tha Coach Johnson haters that he is an upgrade. (Obviously those same Coach Johnson haters have said it will take Coach Collins 5 years to win 6 games becuase Coach Johnson was horrible)

For the record... I do not dislike Geoff Collins... I also think he gets the team to a bowl this season (with all the transfers eligible).... I love his passion for the school... I also think it is unfair to say Coach Johnson accomplishments didn't matter.

Back on Topic.... I like the 4 Star signing... I think that is a great.. I like the lineman..... I am hopefull that we can get get another top 25 class.... JUICE BUILDS JUICE

SOWEGA Jacket

Helluva Engineer
I think it is a great signing, what I like about the class thus far is all of the lineman. While you think my original post is bad, it is only bad when the folks who put CGC on the pedastal before he really did anything. I mean the folks were so pissed at Coach Johnson for have recruting classes in the forties.... that CGC has to have a top 30 class every year to prove tha Coach Johnson haters that he is an upgrade. (Obviously those same Coach Johnson haters have said it will take Coach Collins 5 years to win 6 games becuase Coach Johnson was horrible)

For the record... I do not dislike Geoff Collins... I also think he gets the team to a bowl this season (with all the transfers eligible).... I love his passion for the school... I also think it is unfair to say Coach Johnson accomplishments didn't matter.

Back on Topic.... I like the 4 Star signing... I think that is a great.. I like the lineman..... I am hopefull that we can get get another top 25 class.... JUICE BUILDS JUICE

A lot of re-writing history here. Who has ever posted that Coach Johnson’s accomplishments didn’t matter? That just doesn’t make sense because his accomplishments were GT’s accomplishments. And I’ve never seen where anyone has posted that Collins is an upgrade over Johnson. I’ve seen many posts that Collins is an upgrade at recruiting and marketing, but no one has posted he’s an upgrade as a head coach. We won’t know that for a few more seasons. Each of them had/has their own unique style. Johnson’s lack of overall recruiting and specifically a QB to replace Thomas led to his retirement. Collins has to win games or his marketing/recruiting means nothing. We are all on the same team and pretty united right now. Everyone agrees that Collins is a recruiting machine and now we are just waiting to see when the results come. I think 2021 will be the start.

Augusta_Jacket

Staff member
And I’ve never seen where anyone has posted that Collins is an upgrade over Johnson.

Ok. I'm a big CGC fan and I was also a huge CPJ fan. If you want to play semantics then you are probably right in that there aren't many who used the exact word "upgrade" but the sentiment that CPJ was trash and we finally hired a "big boy" football coach ran rampant on these boards for at least a year after the hiring. Shoot, if it weren't for the loss of football due to COVID-19 we'd probably still have threads derailing because of the argument. I know at least one poster in particular who finally got banned because of it.

SOWEGA Jacket

Helluva Engineer
There was definitely some crazy posts going on, but when a coach unexpectedly retires that happens. I loved the Johnson hire and when my son called and told me he was retiring I had a knot in my gut for a few days. If I had 3 wishes one would be to have Johnson as GT coach 15 years earlier than when we got him when it was a more level playing field and the players were men not Instagram wannabes. I like Collins because today’s game is all salesmanship and handling the players feelings and Collins gets that.

GTFLETCH

Banned
Where Collins, Georgia Tech fit into ACC, National rankings
Georgia Tech landed their first offensive line commit of the 2021 Class on Friday afternoon as Westlake (Ga.) OT
J. Leftwich made his intentions to stay close to home for college. Leftwich becomes the 10th commitment for Georgia Tech in the class of 2021, in a class now rated No. 41 nationally, good for a tie for 9th in the ACC.

https://georgiatech.rivals.com/news/where-collins-georgia-tech-fit-into-acc-national-rankings

LibertyTurns

Banned
Where Collins, Georgia Tech fit into ACC, National rankings
Georgia Tech landed their first offensive line commit of the 2021 Class on Friday afternoon as Westlake (Ga.) OT
J. Leftwich made his intentions to stay close to home for college. Leftwich becomes the 10th commitment for Georgia Tech in the class of 2021, in a class now rated No. 41 nationally, good for a tie for 9th in the ACC.

https://georgiatech.rivals.com/news/where-collins-georgia-tech-fit-into-acc-national-rankings
This class is filling up nicely. We’re building a bench full of players that have the potential to develop down the road.