Juice Builds Juice

GTFLETCH

Banned
If you look at our current recruiting standings this year(21) compared to last year you can see that it would appear the 3-9 season has taken the toll on our "JUICE"

While we have some on this board that believe this is a 3 to 4 year rebuild, it is evident that Georgia Tech football must win this fall (min or 6 games). Our recruiting will not be able to overcome multiple 3-9 seasons..... and the 3-4 year rebuild becomes decade long rebuild as our recruiting rankings will be low. (Thus talent will be low)

While I am worried a little bit, I think Georgia Tech returns to Bowl season this year and CGC gets us a top 35 class... In 2022 we will see another top 25 class becuase JUICE BUILDS JUICE!

2021 Georgia Tech Recruiting
Rivals Ranks GT - 60
https://georgiatech.n.rivals.com/commitments/football/2021

247 Ranks GT - 55
https://247sports.com/college/georgia-tech/Season/2021-Football/Commits/

YJMD

Helluva Engineer
There are 3 commitments. Rankings right now are not meaningless, but for most teams they aren't really meaningful either. I'd also be lying if I weren't admitting I was hoping for better at this stage, but I really don't think there will be a regression in the end despite it.

Southpawmac

Helluva Engineer
We’d be better off if there wasn’t a pandemic. We sold a lot of kids on GT last year at the spring game and we didn’t get that this year. We’re still gonna get a great class, it’s just gonna take a little more time with everything that is going on.

JacketOff

Helluva Engineer
Recruiting rankings are essentially meaningless at this point in time. There are no visits going on, there were no spring games, there’s not even any in person contact allowed. Add on to those facts with the fact that it’s still April, and there’s really no reason to assign any weight to recruiting rankings at this time. Keep in mind, at nearly this exact same time last year (4/28) Tech was ranked 12th by 247, 1 spot behind Notre Dame, and 2 behind Georgia. April recruiting rankings will never tell you the whole picture, especially with everything else going on right now.

However, with all of that being said, I mentioned on one of the recruits’ threads that limiting in person contact may end up affecting Tech worse than anybody. CGC and staff’s biggest selling point is culture and energy. If kids aren’t able to be around that, it’s hard to sell it. By the time both NSD’s have come and gone, I’d expect Tech to hold pretty steady in the 20-30 range, unless recruits aren’t able to at least get on campus and see practices by like September/October. Then it might be pretty bad.

Pointer

Helluva Engineer
I don't think Tech returns to a bowl game this year. In fact I don't think we're going to win a single game this season.

We're also not going to lose a game this season either.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
I don't think Tech returns to a bowl game this year. In fact I don't think we're going to win a single game this season.

We're also not going to lose a game this season either.

If every team in the NCAA goes undefeated, how do you determine the national champion?!!

MidtownJacket

Staff member
I would guess if it was a joke it would start with a horse walked in a bar......
He is worried but he needs to understand not only is it way to early but players can't visit any school right now.

I found a post by stech that neither referenced beer or his wife.

#BuyingLottoTickets

Haha but seriously, I agree man. The rankings right now are not indicative of anything other than recruiting being essentially on pause. I do think it will be interesting to see if the recruiting window is extended to allow kids time to actually see campuses.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SteamWhistle

Helluva Engineer
Don’t worry about it seriously, Rutgers is a top 15 ranked class with 1 low 4 star and 10 3 stars. This is the worst time to compare recruiting, you’re either hot right now or your not.
Alabama is currently ranked 45th.

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
What I'd worry about is how coaches are supposed to evaluate senior players without a senior season. And I'm pretty sure there won't be one. Of course, you could use their junior films and I suppose we'll have to go with that, just like everybody else. To see the dangers in this, compare Gibbs's junior and senior films. I'm famous around here for not seeing anything special in his junior film; he was good, but nowhere near as good as people around here were cracking him up to be. Then I saw his senior film. He had a) gained 10 pounds and b) worked on his speed in the off season and the difference was obvious. That senior film was of a true college RB. This is even more the case for the "diamonds in the rough" that Tech has made a habit of finding in their senior years.

Now that won't be available. And nobody is going to do visits to get 40 times and true height/weight readings either. Result = I'm pretty sure the next batch of recruits for most schools will end up being a crapshoot from the start. Hope Collins has real good luck; we'll need it.

swampsting

Helluva Engineer
I am by no means a Collins acolyte. But it is early and I think he'll put together what will look like a decent class.
For crying out loud, North Carolina is No. 2 in the 2021 rankings, per 247sports. THE Ohio State is No. 1.
One of those two things has a greater chance to continue than the other.