JT preseason ACC 1st team for 2015 ?

charles

Jolly Good Fellow
I think he deserves it, But you know the pollsters will give it to D. Watson, JT will make swiss cheese out of Clemson's young and inexperienced defense next year.

GTRanj

Jolly Good Fellow
Honestly, and this is no knock on your post, but who cares. We know what we got, preseason predictions don't mean anything. JT is a baller and this team looks pretty good for next year and I'm extremely excited for 2016. So the media can pick him or not, all I know is I wouldn't want any other qb running the show right now.

deeeznutz

Helluva Engineer
I have a feeling the media will be hyping Watson, Kaaya, and Marquise Williams as the best QBs in the conference, and JT will be lucky to get any preseason love. I wouldn't be shocked if JT ends up winning ACCPOY though, even though some other guy gets 1st team QB. They don't think our QBs are "real" QBs.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
I think smooth may have opened some previously ignorant eyes in that orange bowl. Only QB that will have more respect next preseason is maybe JW....if he returns.

GT Tennessee

Jolly Good Fellow
Every year the media writers say this is the year North Carolina does it and picks them as preseason Coastal Champs....we all know the ending to that story.

Eastman

Helluva Engineer
I think we have to admit that Williams and Kaaya have a much bigger upside than JT. After all they haven't even won a bowl game yet;)

Techster

Helluva Engineer
I think he deserves it, But you know the pollsters will give it to D. Watson, JT will make swiss cheese out of Clemson's young and inexperienced defense next year.

It's going to be hard for JT to make 1st team because next year is the year when all the defenses start catching up to our triple option offense. The media knows that and will vote accordingly.

slugboy

Staff member
I don't think Winston has declared for the draft yet. You'd have to think if he stays he'd be first. Plus the kid transferring from OSU to Tallahassee.

eetech

Jolly Good Fellow
Did he just transfer to Duke while I wasn't looking? Because otherwise no ways.

Just like they are gonna continue picking us 5th in the Coastal, and UNC and Miami as 1-2, and UGAg National Champions, preseason media will not be showing Tech much love.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Did he just transfer to Duke while I wasn't looking? Because otherwise no ways.

Just like they are gonna continue picking us 5th in the Coastal, and UNC and Miami as 1-2, and UGAg National Champions, preseason media will not be showing Tech much love.

My first thought was fifth also. Picking the best QB is based on which attribute you emphasize most. If you are looking for the best passing / pro style QB it won't be JT. If you are looking for the QB who carries the team the most it could be Williams since he is the team. But if you look at the best teams, FSU was #1 and we were #2 in the ACC, largely due to the QB for both teams.

There are a bunch of good QBs in the ACC. But I'll put our 3 stars up against anyone else's in the country any day o_O

Boomergump

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Personally, I could care less. I want GT to be POST season champs, as a team in 2015. Just beat everybody put in front us. That is all. Media recognition means nothing to me, especially prior to a season taking off. Individual awards in team sports? What are they really?

worthco jacket

Georgia Tech Fan
Honestly, and this is no knock on your post, but who cares. We know what we got, preseason predictions don't mean anything. JT is a baller and this team looks pretty good for next year and I'm extremely excited for 2016. So the media can pick him or not, all I know is I wouldn't want any other qb running the show right now.
"Smooth" is our guy. I don't know what the experts say. Don't really care. They were the same ones making sarcastic comments about our "high school offense" that no one would want to play for, that would grind to a halt when faced with SEC speed etc. ad nauseum. Smooth is our quarterback and I for one would not trade him for anyone else.

gtrower

Helluva Engineer
It will be Kaaya - he put up a lot of stats as a true frosh and the media LOVES him. It's too stats driven for JT to win it (Nesbitt was 1st team all ACC but he had a lot more TDs on short yardage carries). But JT runs our offense better than any other ACC QB, which makes him the best ACC QB in my book.