JP MASON!!!!

UpperNorth

Jolly Good Fellow
I liked JP last year, but he seems more comfortable running in this scheme. Not that vision, patience, and footwork aren’t effective in CPJ’s offense but they are more important in a zone blocking scheme and they look to be Mason’s strengths. He also has good quickness in traffic, good strength, and sheds lower body angle tackles. Definitely the most pleasant surprise to me this year. Credit to Coach Choice as well, maybe his coaching has played as big or bigger role in his improvement(?) Regardless, happy he’s in white and gold.

jojatk

Helluva Engineer
I'm going to give huge credit to both our previous staff and our current staff for what we're seeing in JP Mason (and of course tons of credit to JP himself!!!). JP is a prime example of a great eye for talent that others didn't see. He wasn't highly rated by either Rivals or 247 (he also wasn't rated poorly, he was a legit 3* on both) and Georgia Tech was, if the services are both correct, his only P5 offer. But our previous staff clearly felt he could be big-time for us and last year he began to flash what he could do averaging 6.1 yards/carry and scoring 7 TDs. And now he's got another great coach in Tashard Choice (I'm a HUGE Double Deuce fan and thought he was a brilliant hire not just because he's one of my favorite Yellow Jackets of all time but because not only does he bring the passion for GT but he clearly has a passion for teaching young RBs and helping them improve - you can see that in his short stint at North Texas) and we're seeing the CONTINUED emergence of JP Mason. Thank you CPJ and company and CGC and company for allowing me to enjoy watching this young man represent GT!

LibertyTurns

Banned
It must be easier being a RB in this scheme because you’re not running up the gut getting hammered 50 times a game only to have the ball 15 of those times. With some of the defenders having to cover WRs, I’m sure he’s got running space he only dreamed of last year.

Lotta Booze

Ramblin' Wreck
Some highlights of Mason yesterday

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

From under center? On 3rd and 9? What?!
giphy.gif

And the clutch OT run
giphy.gif

Man he's good at making people miss

Techster

Helluva Engineer

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

From under center? On 3rd and 9? What?!
giphy.gif

And the clutch OT run
giphy.gif

Man he's good at making people miss

That first clip, shades of Dwyer wrongfooting a UGA defender on a cutback in 2008. JP didn't take it to the house like Dwyer did, but good vision and instincts there. LOVE the way JP maneuvers in tight space to get an extra 3-4+ yards. He keeps doing that and he'll find himself playing for pay on Sundays.

Good job by CPJ finding and getting him to GT, good job by this staff with his continued development. Fun to watch him tote that ball.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member

giphy.gif

Listen, what he did to that poor, unsuspecting defender in this video requires an nc-17 rating.

I dunno what kinda site you think this is, but all these videos need to be tagged NSFW.

Ain't no tellin' how many ankles got snapped in half here. :nailbiting:

... consider everything you posted #get-bak! coach-approved.

:smuggrin:

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Some of the cuts he made yesterday were NFL caliber. He’s starting to see the 2nd Level before he even gets the ball now, Putting his foot down and hitting the hole. We are very quickly becoming a Running Back factory. If Coach Choice doesn’t get nabbed by a Powerhouse, his next extension will be very lucrative to say the least.

Love the enthusiasm...but let's wait for at least 2 of our RBs to get drafted or at the very least get named All ACC in back to back years.

swarmer

Ramblin' Wreck
Some of the cuts he made yesterday were NFL caliber. He’s starting to see the 2nd Level before he even gets the ball now, Putting his foot down and hitting the hole. We are very quickly becoming a Running Back factory. If Coach Choice doesn’t get nabbed by a Powerhouse, his next extension will be very lucrative to say the least.
Lol. Fun to be a fanboy, but come on...

Jacket4Life9

Jolly Good Fellow
Saw a video of JP Mason bouncing around enjoying the W among a crowd of players in the locker room--looked fine, and I took it as a good sign. We're going to need him. He caught my eye in person at Clemson, and has continued to make people miss at an extremely high rate. Wonder how many YAC the kid averages.

Coachstick12

Georgia Tech Fan
You should see him play centerfield in baseball. So glad he is having a great season and glad you guys are getting to share in the growth of this young man. Glad he is making you guys proud. He makes us proud just with that infectious smile. A lot of love going out to the 404 from Gallatin, Tn. Continued success to Chez and the rest of the Tech family.