Josh Okogie to hire agent and stay in NBA Draft

CLM

Jolly Good Fellow
From Sam Vecenie

I asked Okogie post-5-on-5 what his decision process will be and he said it would mostly be about whether or not he feels ready for the league. First round, second round, doesn’t matter to him. All about if he feels mentally and physically ready after Combine+workouts.

CLM

Jolly Good Fellow
Good for Josh. Wish him well but as a tech fan it will make next season another challenging year.

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
Per an unofficial Twitter search, it looks like JO also worked out for the Celtics, TWolves and Heat prior to the combine.

ChasonBaller

on Pastner Polo watch
Per an unofficial Twitter search, it looks like JO also worked out for the Celtics, TWolves and Heat prior to the combine.
I fully expect him to go to the Celtics. The Celtics take everyone from GA I root for....RJ Hunter, Jay Brown, MGH, etc. Okogie would just be falling into order.

The Heat would be a good spot for him even though I don't want him on a Hawks rival team. D-Wade 2.0 learning from D-Wade would be great for him.

tbglover

Ramblin' Wreck
Great testing results for JO. But he doesn't play like someone with a 42 inch vertical.

Long term his development may be a selling point for the staff in recruiting.

Silk3

Ramblin' Wreck
I fully expect him to go to the Celtics. The Celtics take everyone from GA I root for....RJ Hunter, Jay Brown, MGH, etc. Okogie would just be falling into order.

The Heat would be a good spot for him even though I don't want him on a Hawks rival team. D-Wade 2.0 learning from D-Wade would be great for him.
Glad someone agrees with me on the d-wade comp. but yeah hes gone unfortunately, i knew he was nba talent but was hoping it took everyone else another year to figure it out...only thing that can make it better is if Hawks use one of their picks on him.

crut

Helluva Engineer
I feel like Josh declared for the draft the second he got in R** B***’s pool......
I’ve felt he’s been gone since the pool party pics at Rons came out. Something has felt off all year with his chemistry with JP from watching the games this season (My opinion) But I’m not holding out any hope on him coming back.
I’ve felt like he declared for the Draft when hopped in Ron’s pool.
I think he’s gone. Hope I’m wrong but I’ve fekt this way since he got suspended
He’s been gone since his pool party at Rons....
For some reason I think he doesn’t return. I thought this since the Ron Bell **** I’m November

@RyanS12 What are your thoughts on whether Okogie stays in the draft or not? lol