Josh Okogie to hire agent and stay in NBA Draft

jeffgt14

We don't quite suck as much anymore.
He’s not going to be a 3 and D player. Leaving now or leaving next year will not change that. Anyone drafting him should be drafting him in hopes he’s a shorter Richard Jefferson.

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
He’s not going to be a 3 and D player. Leaving now or leaving next year will not change that. Anyone drafting him should be drafting him in hopes he’s a shorter Richard Jefferson.
That is kinda what I think, but people change. People work on their shortcomings. He is not a bad shooter, so that could definitely improve. Defensively he is there. I hope he returns, but I will understand if he leaves. There are no hard feelings relative JO.

lv20gt

Helluva Engineer

If he doesn't prove he can be at LEAST a 3 and D guy then he's probably a second round pick that won't last that long regardless of when he leaves. The way he plays here won't translate to the NBA because he isn't explosive enough at the rim, and partially because of that, isn't a good enough finisher. Now if he can prove he can be a 3 and D guy, which despite what you think he does have good potential to be, then he also has potential to be able to supplement that with some driving which is what would push him into the first round.

brandon_cox

Jolly Good Fellow
https://hoopshype.com/2018/05/17/nba-draft-combine-measurements-mo-bamba/

JOSH OKOGIE, GEORGIA TECH

Georgia Tech’s Josh Okogie really stands out w his NBA Combine measurements. The 19-year-old sophomore a solid 210 lbs at 6-4 1/2 w a 7-foot wingspan, 5.2% body fat index, 8-6 reach, good-sized hands. Decent play in 5 on 5’s could land him in the 1st round of June’s NBA Draft.

Okogie is just above 6-foot-4 and his 7-foot wingspan will have scouts and executives impressed. He shot over 44 percent from downtown during his three-year collegiate career, which is what will initially attract folks when evaluating him. But with his measurements, there is plenty of evidence that suggests he’ll fit well at multiple positions for nearly any team.

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
In the above post, the first paragraph is from a different source than the second. The second author is a clueless moron. 44% from 3? Three year college career?
I think he is talking about that *other* Josh Okogie.....you know......ummm....

BigDaddyBuzz

Helluva Engineer
Looks like Josh is having a helluva combine so far. 7ft wingspan, 42” vertical, and fastest 3q sprint time. Like I said earlier, I don’t expect him back.

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
I will begin to see the future without him if he does well in the shooting drills. The measurables he has shown so far are his best ones.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
At this point, I'd be shocked if he came back.

Ever since he declared, it seemed the process has been more about convincing JO to return to GT than becoming a pro...if that makes sense. Worst case scenario is he isn't drafted, goes to Summer League with a team but doesn't make the team. JO will still most likely have a choice of earning a spot through NBDL, or playing overseas for what will likely be a six figure contract in one of the better Euro Leagues.