Josh Okogie to hire agent and stay in NBA Draft

Techster

Helluva Engineer
He won the slam dunk contest in high school and had the memorable dunk in the championship game. Hmm... I wonder why people might think he isn't athletic? I can't quite put my finger on it...

I've said jokingly over the last couple of years he should have played WR for Paul Johnson. Maybe I should have said it more seriously...

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
He won the slam dunk contest in high school and had the memorable dunk in the championship game. Hmm... I wonder why people might think he isn't athletic? I can't quite put my finger on it...

Ohh, ooh {raises hand} ... I think it's a-cause he's white, H-W.

Silly. It's also why all his comps are 'JJ Redick .... oh, but he can dunk'. Why not just say he's like a poor man's Oladipo? I guess we can't wrap our minds around that. :rolleyes:

RamblinRed

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
FWIW, here was Okogie's box score from yesterday's game.

he played 20 min and 50 sec and went 4-9 FG, 1-2 3FG, 5-6 Ft, 14 pts, 3 rbs, 2 assts, 1 TO, 3 stl and an amazing +/- of +28.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Final boxscore from Game Two of the NBA Combine. Game one boxscore is a work in progress apparently due to some issues here. <a href="https://t.co/CvVdbMGuSI">pic.twitter.com/CvVdbMGuSI</a></p>&mdash; Jonathan Givony (@DraftExpress) <a href="">May 17, 2018</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
FWIW, here was Okogie's box score from yesterday's game.

he played 20 min and 50 sec and went 4-9 FG, 1-2 3FG, 5-6 Ft, 14 pts, 3 rbs, 2 assts, 1 TO, 3 stl and an amazing +/- of +28.

When I look at that, all I can think to say is ... You're welcome, Edwards, Frazier, Washington and Wiley.

Gotta love the Mykhaliuk guy with 20 pts on 17 shots, 0 assts and 4 turns. Bet there were a few teammate eye-rolls there.

RyanS12

Helluva Engineer
If you're going for easy then saying nothing is the easiest.
.........................................................................................................................................................................................................................................K

RamblinRed

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Watched the replay of the scrimmage, that second unit that Okogie was on really played well together.
I thought Okogie played ok the first half, really well the second half. He had multiple plays (some of them hustle plays) at both ends of the court in the second half that really led to the White team putting the game out of reach (as if anyone cares about the score).

His biggest weakness is that he is such a straight line player right now. There is no wiggle in his game, or ability to shift hands, he is basically going to the basket straight ahead.

But he also put forth effort at the defensive end and had a nice three from the top of the key - right after a possession where he missed a three from the right angle. Form looked good - good release point, good arc.

GT_EE78

Banned
From Sam Vecenie

I asked Okogie post-5-on-5 what his decision process will be and he said it would mostly be about whether or not he feels ready for the league. First round, second round, doesn’t matter to him. All about if he feels mentally and physically ready after Combine+workouts.
Who is sam Vicenie? If JO doesn't care whether he's a first rounder or not , that sure sounds like he's already made up his mind.