Josh Okogie to hire agent and stay in NBA Draft

whitegoldsphinx

Ramblin' Wreck
I personally don't get it. He is a sophomore who is the same age as a freshman, so another year in college would help his development immensely. He doesn't have any one skill that he specializes in that he can hang his hat on which might get him a first-round selection. For example, Shumpert was not a polished player when he came out, but he could hang his hat as a lockdown defender. Unless Josh gets a first-round grade, there is no point in staying in the draft because only first-rounders get a guaranteed rookie contract. The G league would be a waste of time for him with his intelligence and youth. I am fully confident he will be a pro at some level down the road with his game and athleticism, he just needs to let his skills develop. One thing I do not know, what his relationship with Pastner is since Gregory recruited him,

Jacket Forever

Jolly Good Fellow
Ryan- chill man. The dude should do this. It’s smart.
Absolutely, he’s smart to do it. If doesn’t check out the opportunity and ‘gather the data’ then it would say to me that he hasn’t learned anything in the classroom about thinking and problem-solving.

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
I live up here it Tobacco Road country. We haven't had this problem with our GT guys leaving early recently due to the talent we have recruited. Based on what I have seen up here with UNC, Duke, NCSU, once this sort of statement is put out, it is almost certain that he has decided to go pro. Occasionally they don't project first or second round so that they withdraw from the draft. I think he has skills the NBA likes and will probably be a draft pick. Sorry to see him go. I think he has been thinking about this for a while--can you say "trip to Arizona"? Would like to see him stay at least another year.

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
He needs to learn how to finish at the rim better. He needs to learn how to handle the ball better. He needs to improve his on-ball and off-ball defense. Otherwise, he is a 1st round draft pick. It is possible someone takes a flyer on him at the bottom of the 1st round because he can shoot, he can drive to the basket, and he is very athletic. If he focuses on those three things between now and next season at GT, he has the strong potential to be a lottery pick.

JDjacket

Ramblin' Wreck
I don't think any of the 2018 draft projections have had him even in the 2nd round. The projections for him in 2019 have been better. It's possible he impresses some teams and gets drafted, but I feel like this will be a pure evaluation for him to improve his draft stock in 2019.

CLM

Jolly Good Fellow
I would think it’s pure evaluation as well. I think he should do this but I sure do hope we catch a break for once and he comes back.

GTJason

Helluva Engineer
I thought it spoke a lot to his NBA readiness when he was allowed to run the point and wasn't able to do much. Either way him doing this is great for recruitment I think and is certainly a first world problem. It sucks for us because he'd be dominant as a Junior and he's a big part of our program rebuild, but I won't ask someone to walk away from a good paycheck. Just hope that paycheck is another year away.

CLM

Jolly Good Fellow
Not feeling good vibes after talking with Josh Okogie about his chances to come back to #GaTech georgiatech.rivals.com/news/okogie-ta…

From that Kelly Guy.

This is such a bummer.

GT_EE78

Banned
I think he’s gone. Hope I’m wrong but I’ve fekt this way since he got suspended
doubtful, a pretty braindead move on his part but guess there wasn't much to come back to. He needed to preserve that option for next year .... if he hires an agent this year he'll likely be playin in china,turkey,nigeria, or other third world country.he won't get drafted. we'll likely get him back but he used up a lot of goodwill so i hope it doesn't hurt him next year.

tatertot1

Ramblin' Wreck
I think he'll go undrafted and sign with a team like Minnesota or the Pelicans If he decides to come back I'll be shocked, he needs that money for his family and friends and etc. Like y'all have said were guard heavy but with little experience but I still think we'll be okay,shoot them Pitt players that are transferring I don't see why we can't go get some of them.Go Jackets

whitegoldsphinx

Ramblin' Wreck
I think he'll go undrafted and sign with a team like Minnesota or the Pelicans If he decides to come back I'll be shocked, he needs that money for his family and friends and etc. Like y'all have said were guard heavy but with little experience but I still think we'll be okay,shoot them Pitt players that are transferring I don't see why we can't go get some of them.Go Jackets
The odds of making an NBA roster as an undrafted free agent are extremely low. If you don't make a roster, you don't get paid. I'm going to give Josh credit for being smarter than that.