Josh Okogie to hire agent and stay in NBA Draft

YJMD

Helluva Engineer
Moore will not return. Not official yet, but clearly the GTea Leaves indicate this future.

Not a surprise of course. I hope he makes the right move for him. He really wouldn't have a place on our team next year anyway unless he improved significantly. He has potential. Serious quickness with the ball in his hands, but so much more needs to develop.

Silk3

Ramblin' Wreck
Would be rlly big if Sjouland? can step in and contribute right away. At least as a big who can stretch the floor. I think hes got a chance just needs to hit the weights hard.

Gtbowhunter90

In Black Bear Country
Contributing Writer
Would be rlly big if Sjouland? can step in and contribute right away. At least as a big who can stretch the floor. I think hes got a chance just needs to hit the weights hard.
Man idk... his stats list him at like 180 lbs... he would probably get bullied inside.. but yes it would be nice

Silk3

Ramblin' Wreck
Man idk... his stats list him at like 180 lbs... he would probably get bullied inside.. but yes it would be nice
I agree thats why I said he needs to hit the weights hard. Its crazy to me someone can be 6’9 180lbs lol like how is that possible.

YJMD

Helluva Engineer

That's pretty much the principle that limited Lammers from being a contributor for Gregory. There are other ways to defend the post than big-v-big 1-on-1. But I don't think Sjolund is Lammers, either. We'll have to see what we get.

D-man44

Helluva Engineer
That's pretty much the principle that limited Lammers from being a contributor for Gregory. There are other ways to defend the post than big-v-big 1-on-1. But I don't think Sjolund is Lammers, either. We'll have to see what we get.
A little over a year ago he said he was more comfortable on the perimeter. He is certainly a better shooter than Ben. I'm interested to see how we use him from what I have seen I think he can be a more athletic version of what Q was his senior year. Q was under 200 according to Tech's roster so if Sjolund can put on 20 lbs and maintain his shot he will be awesome for us. I really like all 3 guys committed definitely 3 guys that will contribute if not now then in the future. Pastner has done an incredible job bringing in shooters and athletes improving our talent level. I could see us having sets with him at the 3 and 4 due to that shooting ability he said was his best. asset.

Last edited:

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
I was concerned that he might leave after this year. That incident in AZ before the season made me a little uneasy that he was already thinking this was his last year at GT. I am really, really glad he is staying. I want all our athletes to graduate and hope we do not become the Duke one and done model. Even K is struggling with playing all these freshmen at a high level. He has had to go to a zone since he can't teach them his version of man to man in a year. Their zone is soft in the paint and I think that will keep them from going to the final four even with all that talent. If we can get production on offense from our center and pf positions, we should be improved. Okogie should average 15 to 20 next year and we will need it. Jose will need to avg double figures as well. We will need a least one more guy to avg in double figures.

jbix80

Ramblin' Wreck
I’m happy for Josh, but if he decides to sign with an agent, we will have some big holes to fill, especially with Ben and Tad graduating.