Josh Okogie to hire agent and stay in NBA Draft

H-Wade

Ramblin' Wreck
I can't recall too many players who test the waters sending out a "goodbye" note to his fans and coaches if he plans on being back. I'd say at this point if he gets good feedback he's probably gone.

ramblinwreck1378

Ramblin' Wreck
Scouts are very up front about draft status with prospects. Josh is doing the right thing by getting feedback, but by the end of this process, he should have a really good idea of where he stands.

FWIW, I think he'll be back next year.

Silk3

Ramblin' Wreck
Some of my friends on the football team told me he was leaning towards leaving but i thought they were wrong since everyone else heard he was staying...hope he comes back

der-k

Georgia Tech Fan
I grade JO as a high to mid 2nd rounder. That caliber of player should, absent other considerations, declare and not sign with an agent, so as to garner more info for future drafts -- or, in fact, stay in the draft. What's best for Josh (and I want what's best for him, not what's best for this team that I root for) should become more apparent as he goes through the process.

If I were forced to bet, I'd guess that he comes back. He has some clear areas for improvement that college can, in fact, help with + the worst case scenario for him if he doesn't get picked (bouncing around the minors or internationally) might be sufficiently unexciting that he'd want to return.

Jacket Forever

Jolly Good Fellow
He's nowhere near ready, so why?
JO is not a perfect NBA rookie to be sure, but he’s closer than a lot of folks think. Overall FG% was well over 40% and his 3-pt% was 38%. Both are very good for collegiate player. He PROBABLY DOES need another year to be completely ready. However, it is entirely possible JO can ALSO improve his game at venues other than Tech to get there, say the NBA’s G-League, while still making a little money. Another thing to consider is that the timing of declaring for the draft is everything. For example, it could very well be that the people who are PROJECTED to come out for the NBA Draft for 2019 could number more than this year and collectively be light-years better than JO. If that’s the case, then financially, he’d be better out coming out this year as long as he can get some assurance that he’d ultimately be no worse off than the G Leage.

D-man44

Helluva Engineer
I have accepted to be expect to worst after this **** show of a season. I wouldn’t be shocked to see someone run as far away as they could.
How is him testing the NBA combine without signing an agent him running as far away as he can? Is anyone trying to transfer idk about?

RyanS12

Helluva Engineer
How is him testing the NBA combine without signing an agent him running as far away as he can? Is anyone trying to transfer idk about?
It’s sarcasm but you can’t blame someone from it if they did. This season has been one of the worst off the court in recent memory so to say expect the worst isn’t that far fetched