Josh Okogie to hire agent and stay in NBA Draft

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
This from Jeff Goodman:

"55 of the underclassmen have already signed with agents. That leaves about 125 who are “testing the draft process.” My guess around 100-110 of those guys return to school."

"A year ago, there were 64 underclassmen who kept their name in for the NBA Draft. 25 were drafted in the first round, 12 in the second."

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member

Re: conditional invite
"There are three different types of invitations: one without a requirement to participate in on-court basketball activities for the top prospects, a conditional invitation with a requirement to fully participate in all on-court activities at the combine or a letter of consideration and request for further information stating a final decision will be made at a later date."
https://www.courier-journal.com/sto...ba-draft-decision-deadline-combine/477226002/

bos

Helluva Engineer
Yes this was anticipated. I would love to have Okogie back this year. However, if he doesn't that means there is an extra scholarship available right away. It would benefit the team in the long run.

Connell62

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
No offense, but nobody here has a clue as to what he’s going to do.

It’s really just a guessing game trying to figure out what he might do.

Might as well hope for the best and prepare yourself for the worst!

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff

Re: conditional invite
"There are three different types of invitations: one without a requirement to participate in on-court basketball activities for the top prospects, a conditional invitation with a requirement to fully participate in all on-court activities at the combine or a letter of consideration and request for further information stating a final decision will be made at a later date."
https://www.courier-journal.com/sto...ba-draft-decision-deadline-combine/477226002/

If I were going to bet on this, I would bet that he is gone. However, there is a lot of difference in being drafted numero 31 and numero 59. Currently he is projected somewhere between the two. We will have to be patient. It will likely being the end of May before we know.

OG-T

Jolly Good Fellow
Josh has gotta do right by Josh. But in regards to fan chatter, Josh getting looks from the NBA is a GREAT scenario. In my version, he returns to Tech with real-world insight about areas of his game he needs to sharpen - ball handling, stronger left, unquestioned leadership, and ability to show out from the tip, not just in eye-opening spurts. The hardest working guy on the team comes back to work even harder, and our culture gets hitched to his mindset as the clear team leader. If he does stick in draft, CJP needs to sell the hell out of “players come to Tech and go to the NBA.”

MidtownJacket

Staff member
Josh has gotta do right by Josh. But in regards to fan chatter, Josh getting looks from the NBA is a GREAT scenario. In my version, he returns to Tech with real-world insight about areas of his game he needs to sharpen - ball handling, stronger left, unquestioned leadership, and ability to show out from the tip, not just in eye-opening spurts. The hardest working guy on the team comes back to work even harder, and our culture gets hitched to his mindset as the clear team leader. If he does stick in draft, CJP needs to sell the hell out of “players come to Tech and go to the NBA.”

I do have a hope that he comes back, shows the young guns that it is about getting reps, putting in work, then goes in the first round year after next.

H-Wade

Ramblin' Wreck
If he is set on going pro, why hasn't he hired an agent? Answer is he is not set on going pro. The longer he waits on announcing the better it is for Tech. Time to put up or shut up is rapidly approaching.