Jose

78pike

Ramblin' Wreck
Occasionally I peruse the G League scores to see how Jose, Moses and James Banks are doing. Up until a couple days ago I had yet to see Jose even get in a game. He finally got to play 34 minutes the other night and ended up with 19 points, 6 assists, 5 rebounds and 3 steals. Does anyone know why he hasn't been playing? If I'm not mistaken Hewitt is his coach. Does he have some sort of Tech vendetta? Probably not since Banks is getting regular minutes, but the Jose situation has me baffled. For anyone that wants to know, Moses has been getting significant playing time and producing at a pretty good clip. He has had a few double doubles and seems to be scoring and rebounding pretty consistently.

Jazzchaz

Jolly Good Fellow
Occasionally I peruse the G League scores to see how Jose, Moses and James Banks are doing. Up until a couple days ago I had yet to see Jose even get in a game. He finally got to play 34 minutes the other night and ended up with 19 points, 6 assists, 5 rebounds and 3 steals. Does anyone know why he hasn't been playing? If I'm not mistaken Hewitt is his coach. Does he have some sort of Tech vendetta? Probably not since Banks is getting regular minutes, but the Jose situation has me baffled. For anyone that wants to know, Moses has been getting significant playing time and producing at a pretty good clip. He has had a few double doubles and seems to be scoring and rebounding pretty consistently.
Alvarado was on the Pelicans roster. He was moved to Birmingham on December 6th, and transferred back to the Pelicans on December 8th. Hewitt is the coach of the Clippers G League team.

78pike

Ramblin' Wreck
Alvarado was on the Pelicans roster. He was moved to Birmingham on December 6th, and transferred back to the Pelicans on December 8th. Hewitt is the coach of the Clippers G League team.
My bad on the Hewitt call. But I thought Jose got moved to the G League squad a while back when the NBA squads had to reduce their benches. I guess I got confused because in the ESPN boxscores they consistently gave him "DNP" for all those games. I would think if he was on the parent club's bench they wouldn't list him with DNP's on the G League boxscore. I know he can move back and forth at will, I just never read that he got called back up.

Jacketman99

Ramblin' Wreck
I have never heard of Hewitt having any bad feelings toward Tech. Every time I have heard him speak about Tech it has always been positive.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Got a brief mention on NBARadio today..

Antonio Daniels, the Pelicans tv analyst, is a host on NBAradio. He mentioned watching their gleague affiliate, in part, to see "this guy Jose Alvarado" play.

Said Jose is a good dude, fun to watch.

ChristoGT

Jolly Good Fellow
If he can start hitting shots at a decent clip it'll be fun to watch him for the next couple of years in their lineup. Good to see he was accurate last night - he's been sub-20% most of the season (both FG and 3pt). He's always had that IT factor and brings the energy for everyone else. Good stuff.

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
Comments in local NOLA newspaper about Jose:

Off the bench, the Pelicans got strong contributions from Jaxson Hayes, who scored 13 points in 16 minutes, and Jose Alvarado, who tallied four points, eight rebounds, four assists and three steals. Alvarado, a rookie on a two-way contract, has seized the backup point guard minutes.

“Jose was tremendous," Green said. "His effort, his energy. He came out and ran the offense. Defensively, he’s just active. Looking for steals. He just plays the right way.”

The Pelicans limited the Clippers to 38.3% shooting from the field. Marcus Morris scored 12 points. He was the only Clippers' starter to score more than six points.