Jose

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Give Jose a legit 25-30+ minutes a game and he'll be a definite 12+pts/5+ assists/3+ steals/5+ rebs a game PG. Oh, he'll be the peskiest mf'er on the court every minute.

Looks like the coaches for the Pelicans are gettting more and more confidence in Jose. They will be rewarded for that confidence.

Eh, I think Jose is just making them look good by playing well. I doubt they would've recognized the gem they had if Lewis hadn't gotten hurt.

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
Eh, I think Jose is just making them look good by playing well. I doubt they would've recognized the gem they had if Lewis hadn't gotten hurt.
How long would it have taken Brady to see the field if Drew Bledsoe wasn't injured? We may never have the Brady/Belichek combo. Would Brady have been Brady if he had started somewhere else?

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
How long would it have taken Brady to see the field if Drew Bledsoe wasn't injured? We may never have the Brady/Belichek combo. Would Brady have been Brady if he had started somewhere else?
If Wally Pipp had not taken a day off because he needed aspirin for a headache, would Lou Gehrig have gotten in the Yankees lineup?

tbglover

Ramblin' Wreck
Knicks fans recognize ...

;)

Of course they do. He's a New Yorker through and through. Also, if he wasn't with the Pelicans he'd be the type of guy that Coach Thibs would absolutely love. And it's cool to see his teammates embrace them as they have including buying tickets for Jose's family so they could see his debut at MSG.

tbglover

Ramblin' Wreck
A nice article about Jose from nba.com

Nice tidbit
After going scoreless on 0/7 shooting in the first half at Madison Square Garden, starting point guard Devonte’ Graham checked his cell phone at halftime, reading a concerning message from his mother.

“She texts me every game,” Graham said after Saturday’s practice. “She (wrote), ‘Jose’s going to take your spot.’ She told me that. I came out in the third quarter and played a lot better.”