Jose and Moses Post Draft

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
Figure Moses will get something before the end of next week, if not this weekend.

Jose's start isn't a bad "first job out of college". Beat the hell out of my starting salary... even after being adjusted for inflation.;)

slugboy

Staff member
I thought a 2-way contract would be a good outcome for Jose. New Orleans is a great landing spot for him. Atlanta’s bench is so deep that he’d never get a shot in town here, but I think there are teams like New Orleans where he can get a chance to develop. It’s huge that he can play G League and get some focused attention, but at a better salary.
Moses should be getting at least 2-way offers, just based on potential. I’m a little surprised he didn’t go in the second, but there are a good number of UDFAs that make rosters and 2nd rounders that don’t.

pittkesh99

Georgia Tech Fan
If Moses gets no offers, which I hope isn’t the case cause he deserves a chance at the NBA, is it possible for him to still return to Tech for this upcoming season?

slugboy

Staff member
Moses’s article reads to me like “I got offers, but not what I wanted, so I’ll roll the dice with a riskier play”.

LibertyTurns

Banned
Figure Moses will get something before the end of next week, if not this weekend.

Jose's start isn't a bad "first job out of college". Beat the hell out of my starting salary... even after being adjusted for inflation.;)
Jose is going to be extremely successful. Hopefully it's in the NBA, but if not he’s gonna have a long and prosperous career in coaching basketball or something else. He’s a winner and eventually winners win.

kyle.smith828

Jolly Good Fellow
Ignorant question here but I only ask because I dont know...

Were Jose and Moses expecting to be drafted? In retrospect, would it have benefited either of them to have returned for 1 more year? I initially felt like their age was a hindrance but hell, Duarte was a lotto pick at 24 yrs old.

slugboy

Staff member
Ignorant question here but I only ask because I dont know...

Were Jose and Moses expecting to be drafted? In retrospect, would it have benefited either of them to have returned for 1 more year? I initially felt like their age was a hindrance but hell, Duarte was a lotto pick at 24 yrs old.
Jose wasn’t in more than a handful of forecasts, and wasn’t expected to be drafted. Not getting a combine invite hurt.

Moses seemed pretty likely to go in round 2, but not a sure thing. The second round is really a crapshoot, depending on how earlier picks go. If I recall correctly, there were several centers over 7’ last year who didn’t get drafted, and seemed like sure bets to get picked up in the second.

tbglover

Ramblin' Wreck

The New Orleans Pelicans announced their summer league roster with their first game on Monday. On the roster is Jose Alvarado along with Moses Wright. Teammates once again.

ramblinjacket

Ramblin' Wreck

The New Orleans Pelicans announced their summer league roster with their first game on Monday. On the roster is Jose Alvarado along with Moses Wright. Teammates once again.
How did Moses get there from the Raptors?

tbglover

Ramblin' Wreck
How did Moses get there from the Raptors?
No clue but for a player like him who depends on guards to help create opportunities for him it can't hurt to play with a PG who has 4 yrs of experience playing with him.
Tomorrow's game is going to be like fantasy football for me. I want the Bulls to win but I also want Jose and Moses to play really well.