Jose and Moses Post Draft

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
HA! I keep weird hours...joys of being a business owner.

O Rly? Are you hiring?

I need lots o' pay but notta lotta work. And free ice cream in the break room.

Deal?
Watched last night's game against Golden State. Jose didn't have a great game and played very few minutes.

Perhaps they were playing starters in an effort to reach the championship game. That said Kira Lewis is terrible and turned it over several times.

Jose keeps working hard and doing what he does, and I think that there is a path for him to get called up.

I can see him getting called up eventually. The PeliCan'ts roster is a mess. Josh Hart is still unsigned (mistake), they let Ball go (mistake), and they brought in Graham (meh).

Ballerado can help them. The problem is they may be too poorly-run to realize it until it's too late.

tbglover

Ramblin' Wreck
O Rly? Are you hiring?

I need lots o' pay but notta lotta work. And free ice cream in the break room.

Deal?

I can see him getting called up eventually. The PeliCan'ts roster is a mess. Josh Hart is still unsigned (mistake), they let Ball go (mistake), and they brought in Graham (meh).

Ballerado can help them. The problem is they may be too poorly-run to realize it until it's too late.
Yeah but on the bright side they were smart enough to sign Jose to a 2 way deal as soon as the draft was over so they definitely think somewhat highly of him.

GaTech4ever

Helluva Engineer
I watched every minute of the Pelicans summer league. I’m a huge NBA fan, but maybe I also need a life.

Jose has played great all summer league, probably had his poorest game yesterday but was still effective on D. Moses hasn’t played bad by any means, but it looks like he’s gotten stronger and may have lost some of his bounce. That plus playing against better athletes has limited his effectiveness. I imagine he’ll be on a G league team this season, but not a 2 way.

yjfan

Jolly Good Fellow
I watched every minute of the Pelicans summer league. I’m a huge NBA fan, but maybe I also need a life.

Jose has played great all summer league, probably had his poorest game yesterday but was still effective on D. Moses hasn’t played bad by any means, but it looks like he’s gotten stronger and may have lost some of his bounce. That plus playing against better athletes has limited his effectiveness. I imagine he’ll be on a G league team this season, but not a 2 way.
Agree- i dvr and watched the pelicans games- i thought Jose looked better then Moses out there- which suprised me.
Moses did not play with that extra spring in is step-

GaTech4ever

Helluva Engineer
One more update after their last game last night. First off, the Pelicans are only 1 on 2 Summer League teams who went undefeated. Jose’s defensive intensity off the bench played a part in that. Moses had his best game last night (finally had some thunderous dunks, but I stand by what I said about him seemingly sacrificing a little bounce for strength), although he shot 1/6 from the line.

Jose actually got two technicals and therefore ejected with 45 seconds left because they were up 30 and a guy on the other team got an And 1 and was chirping. They both got technicals but I guess Jose said something a little too aggressive.

I imagine both our guys are going to both be on the Pelicans G League team. What a cool way for them to start their pro careers, together.

yjfan

Jolly Good Fellow
Any idea of the compensation on a two-way deal? Hopefully it sets Jose and his family up well!
i think its 2 years $450 total. but if it leads to the nba great. also gets him more $$ if goes ovreseas due t nba experience. im sure he will be coaching one day as well. im sure he will do all right.

slugboy

Staff member
Any idea of the compensation on a two-way deal? Hopefully it sets Jose and his family up well!
One source said $75k, another said 1/2 the rookie minimum: https://www.hoopsrumors.com/2021/07/nba-to-carry-over-most-of-new-two-way-rules-to-2021-22.html

EDIT: looks like it's between $75k and $204k+, depending how much time they spend in the pros (up to ~50 days).

BeeRBee

Jolly Good Fellow
One source said $75k, another said 1/2 the rookie minimum: https://www.hoopsrumors.com/2021/07/nba-to-carry-over-most-of-new-two-way-rules-to-2021-22.html

EDIT: looks like it's between $75k and $204k+, depending how much time they spend in the pros (up to ~50 days).
I think the hoopsrumors article is correct, that last year they changed to paying 1/2 the rookie minimum as a flat salary, rather than pro-rating based on how much time you spent at each level.