Joe Hamilton and Herschel Walker...

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
UGA also fumbles the ball twice on the 1 yard line. Let's not act like everything went wrong our way guys. Simple fact is that we don't win that game if Gurley is healthy.
Fumbles were a result of good hits by defenders. We were talking about the officiating which was consistently bad and consistently one sided. The "what-if" game when looked at in that context has Tech winning in a blow out. That was the only point we were making.

UgaBlows

Helluva Engineer
In the 2nd half Our D-line kicked their O-lines ***, doesn't matter who was totting the rock for them we shut them down. And like NE Stinger said, those fumbles were a result of our guys hustling and knocking the crap out of their guys.

Guys come on! I'm happy that it happen the way it did by all means. I hate UGA with a passion as much as anyone on this board but to say we shut down Gurley is ridiculous. We didn't shut down Chubb when you look at the overall scheme of things(120+ yards TD). Our defense couldn't handle a healthy Gurley. On a better note, it was the best game I've ever watched between the two schools. Everything play impacted he final results and that's exciting to watch.

Architorture23

Jolly Good Fellow
Guys come on! I'm happy that it happen the way it did by all means. I hate UGA with a passion as much as anyone on this board but to say we shut down Gurley is ridiculous. We didn't shut down Chubb when you look at the overall scheme of things(120+ yards TD). Our defense couldn't handle a healthy Gurley. On a better note, it was the best game I've ever watched between the two schools. Everything play impacted he final results and that's exciting to watch.
Chubb had 36 yards on their first drive and then had a 65 yard run later in the 1Q. He was absolutely shut down after that.

UgaBlows

Helluva Engineer
Gurley is not the superman that your making him out to be, they didn't miss a beat with Chubb when he got suspended

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
UGA also fumbles the ball twice on the 1 yard line. Let's not act like everything went wrong our way guys. Simple fact is that we don't win that game if Gurley is healthy.
Please stop calling opinions "facts."

The only "fact" is that if Gurley played, it would have been a totally different game. There's no way to know what would have happened. I still like our chances against anyone they put out there. In the second half, we were beating the OL and playing great help defense against the run. Not sure substituting Gurley for Chubb would have made much of a difference.

FWIW, the 2014 UGAg game is considered by many on Reddit's College Football sub to be one of the best games of last year.
Again , he had 120 yards and score. That's not totally shutting somebody down. Whether he had a few big runs or not. We don't talk about our receivers having the YPC so high because of one or two plays do we ? I'm not trying defend the mutts by any means but some of you guys just tend to look away from the truth than actually confront it.

Please stop calling opinions "facts."

The only "fact" is that if Gurley played, it would have been a totally different game. There's no way to know what would have happened. I still like our chances against anyone they put out there. In the second half, we were beating the OL and playing great help defense against the run. Not sure substituting Gurley for Chubb would have made much of a difference.
If you don't think the ball game is totally different with Gurley in the game than you need to go watch more film of him. He's the best running back we've seen since Adrian Peterson. Oh and didn't take over the ball game in 2013 that we lost against them? He dominated the second half and overtime. Again, I hate the mutts and I'm not trying to defend them but Gurley was just dominate. Our D line is below average and that guy would have ran all over us just like most teams did.

nod

Ramblin' Wreck
Joey Hamilton was awesome but the offense we run now I don't compare JT to him.
The one I think of is Tray Ham from GSU, who was a great one also, I hoping JT can reach that level.

TheGridironGeek

Jolly Good Fellow
Fumbles were a result of good hits by defenders. We were talking about the officiating which was consistently bad and consistently one sided. The "what-if" game when looked at in that context has Tech winning in a blow out. That was the only point we were making.

2 GA fumbles = 14 point swing, 99 yard fumble return for a TD = 14 point swing. The ball bounced funny for both teams, but Tech won the LOS on both sides of the ball in the 2nd half. That's jolly-good news for the program win or lose.

deeeznutz

Helluva Engineer
Your right it would have been a totally different ball game. That would have been number 6 in a row for UGA.
Just because you keep saying it doesn't make it fact. To my eyes, we DOMINATED the flow of the game in the second half and UGA got a few lucky breaks that kept them in the game when it should have been a blowout. And yes, we shut Chubb down in the second half. Now, would it have been a different outcome with Gurley playing? Maybe, but you can't say definitively we would have lost. And also if we're playing the "what if" game, what if Snoddy and Smelter hadn't gotten injured? At least they didn't do something that they clearly knew was against the rules, whether you like the rules or not. Gurley got his own dumb @$$ suspended.

Just go back to the 2013 game where Gurley took over the game. Same out come would have happen this year if we wasn't hurt. Either way I'm happy the way the it turned out!

deeeznutz

Helluva Engineer
he was hurt (acl) for our game, not suspended. torn acl in the 4q of a 34-7 blowout of auburn 2 weeks before.
I had forgotten about that. But I'd say the suspension played into his injury, at least because he wanted to run up stats in a blowout because of the lost games.

GTJackets

Ramblin' Wreck
2 GA fumbles = 14 point swing, 99 yard fumble return for a TD = 14 point swing. The ball bounced funny for both teams, but Tech won the LOS on both sides of the ball in the 2nd half. That's jolly-good news for the program win or lose.

Except that their 2 fumbles were the result of hustle plays or hard hits made by our D. Their 99 yd fumble return was a result of bad officiating. Not sure I would sum those three plays up with "The ball bounced funny for both teams."

But other than that I agree.