JHD cleared to play !!!

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
With all that happened with him turning ineligible, I bet his parents are very proud parents to see they raised a kid right and he did what he had to do on his own.

TheGridironGeek

Jolly Good Fellow
Wonderful news!

Slightly OT but I think JHD symbolizes why such a tone of optimism inhabits this program right now. When a well-coached Flexbone team has a fine QB, offense is never "the problem" overall. (Quick, name three or four big-time studs who played with Ricky Dobbs while he set all those offensive records at Navy.) Did the great Wishbone/Flexbone-ish dynasties of the past suffer from LBs and DBs having a lack of practice experience vs. great passing teams? You betcha. What was their ultimate success based on? Great DL play. D-linemen don't share the disadvantage, in fact practicing against great run blockers and running QBs turns the weighted-bat principle to their advantage. They can grow into block-shedding monsters.

If there's one ingredient that an actual strong, consistent GT defense under CPJ needs to thrive, it's developing next-level talent on the DL like Hunt-Days and Gotsis.

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
Jabari Hunts announcement on Instagram
image.jpg

Gtech50

Ramblin' Wreck
With Jabari back, how will the depth chart look for DE,DE,NT, and DT? Who do you think will be the starters?

DrJacket

Helluva Engineer
Hunt-Days, Gotsis, Rook-Chungong and Freeman. Though you might see Gamble at SDE at times.
Would they ever list Gamble on the 2-deep as backup at 2 different positions? Because I'm guessing that's likely the reality once things go live. I would think he's the first man on the field at either DT and SDE once subbing starts.