Jay Jones has an arm

alentrekin

Ramblin' Wreck
Ya, looks like about 70 yards with that crow hop.

The recruiting stuff in the IG video is interesting. He seems like a thoughtful kid.

Terrible thought I had -- wish we could trade one of these guys for another interior lineman. I know it's because our scheme attracts unique athletes at QB, but it seems like all four of these guys are great athletes and tobias oliver seems real easy to root for too.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
This could be in the uniform thread.
Are we going with Under Armour
We have the guy that is the clone of the u a plastic model at Academy!

Guy is big enough to run inside, fast enough to run the seam, and , now shows he can throw long.

ChasonBaller

on Pastner Polo watch
Didn't L'Ville do this a couple years ago in the dome? They had the "experienced QB" start the game then Lamar Jackson came in the 2nd quarter...this is what I picture us doing

Chas_Jacket

Jolly Good Fellow
The other clue to this is the way CPJ talked about JJ in the spring. He made several highly complimentary comments and seemed to play down anything negative. Almost identical to the way he talked about Dedrick Mills. Still think MJ starts as long as we are moving the ball but wouldnt be surprised to see JJ in before long. Really believe he is our #2 qb already.

ChasonBaller

on Pastner Polo watch
The most popular player on the team is always the backup qb. This is multiplied 10x in the off-season.

Decision making and ball security are by far the two most critical traits for an option qb. Neither of which are apparent in a 5 sec vid clip playing catch in shorts.
468dcbdfe9abbe5f85aafd79b0cb13be.png

Silk3

Ramblin' Wreck
The most popular player on the team is always the backup qb. This is multiplied 10x in the off-season.

Decision making and ball security are by far the two most critical traits for an option qb. Neither of which are apparent in a 5 sec vid clip playing catch in shorts.
Except when JT was starter.

ilovetheoption

Helluva Engineer
Also, long throw =/= good throw. A strong arm matters, but not nearly as much as an accurate arm. Not dogging Jones, but let's not get ahead of ourselves, here