Jared Ivey has entered the transfer portal

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
What? The only credibility a coach has IS HIS COACHING ABILITY. That’s his job - Head Coach.
No, credibility is the recruits, parents, and HS coaches believing what he says when he’s sitting in their living rooms or offices. So far, there has been no indication that the recruits, their parents, or their coaches don’t believe what he’s saying.

The only ones that seem to be butt-hurt are the fans. Understandably.

GoldZ

Ramblin' Wreck
No, credibility is the recruits, parents, and HS coaches believing what he says when he’s sitting in their living rooms or offices. So far, there has been no indication that the recruits, their parents, or their coaches don’t believe what he’s saying.

The only ones that seem to be butt-hurt are the fans. Understandably.
Gibbs and Ivey maybe ?

JacketFan137

Banned
Gibbs and Ivey maybe ?
idk how gibbs transfer is really questioning his credibility. gibbs is a starter at every school in the country and honestly probably a starter on a good portion of the teams in the nfl right now. him leaving to go play for the best coach/program in college football history is unfortunate but that’s just the nature of the game with the portal

ivey is still a question mark and i think there’s some other factors involved we will never hear about from an actual source. it will just be hearsay and rumors from twitter and facebook. he’s also not remotely the same caliber of player as gibbs

bobongo

Helluva Engineer
What? The only credibility a coach has IS HIS COACHING ABILITY. That’s his job - Head Coach.
Not only that, but his credibility in general has been in question for some time, as exhibited by some of his statements about our "elite" talent and the great offenses, like Duke's, that we've faced.

JacketFan137

Banned
Not only that, but his credibility in general has been in question for some time, as exhibited by some of his statements about our "elite" talent and the great offenses, like Duke's, that we've faced.
at the time we played them duke was scoring like 33 points a game which would have them ranked pretty high. elite is definitely a stretch but i swear half of y’all don’t watch any college ball because coaches talking up opponents is pretty standard activity. nick saban or kirby smart will talk up a QB that plays for charleston southern. idk how y’all are acting surprised that collins talks up a conference opponent lol

bobongo

Helluva Engineer
at the time we played them duke was scoring like 33 points a game which would have them ranked pretty high. elite is definitely a stretch but i swear half of y’all don’t watch any college ball because coaches talking up opponents is pretty standard activity. nick saban or kirby smart will talk up a QB that plays for charleston southern. idk how y’all are acting surprised that collins talks up a conference opponent lol
Zzzzzz... Duke. He talked them up after the game lol.

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
Usually they talk up an opponent BEFORE a game to keep expectations of players and fans grounded. After you beat a cupcake you don’t usually brag that you just beat one of the best teams in the country. Frankly, that’s a new one on me and I’ve watched a few games over the years.

slugboy

Staff member
Maybe I missed it in this long thread, but Ivey apparently has an offer now from Oregon.
He had it immediately after entering the portal. I have not seen proof of “tampering” by schools, and haven’t here either, but it’s hard not to wonder.
Maybe schools are really agile, but they’re definitely ready and react quickly to player movement.

sgreer

Jolly Good Fellow
Transfer Portal in 247 has him 100% at Ole Miss. Kiffin has now poached probably our best defensive player and flipped our highest rated defensive recruit.

MonroeJacket

GT Athlete
I understand Ivey getting D1 offers as a transfer. He’s an NFL body who has some production. I just can’t wrap my head around why any major factory type program would wanna throw any significant NIL money at him. Why him? Do y’all think he starts if we have a healthy Keion White last year? Who knows.

Having said that, I wish we still had him, but I think we’ll be ok in that department.

Keion White 6’4 267
Jordan Domineck 6’3 235
Kevin Harris 6’4 235
Kyle Kennard 6’5 235
Josh Robinson 6’4 254
Sylvain Yondjouen 6’4 245

bobongo

Helluva Engineer
Transfer Portal in 247 has him 100% at Ole Miss. Kiffin has now poached probably our best defensive player and flipped our highest rated defensive recruit.
Well, if Kiffin hadn't flipped him, another P5 coach would have. Of course, he's no great loss to us (sarcasm off).

sgreer

Jolly Good Fellow
I understand Ivey getting D1 offers as a transfer. He’s an NFL body who has some production. I just can’t wrap my head around why any major factory type program would wanna throw any significant NIL money at him. Why him? Do y’all think he starts if we have a healthy Keion White last year? Who knows.

Having said that, I wish we still had him, but I think we’ll be ok in that department.

Keion White 6’4 267
Jordan Domineck 6’3 235
Kevin Harris 6’4 235
Kyle Kennard 6’5 235
Josh Robinson 6’4 254
Those guys listed will make or break the season- have to get more pressure on QB this year.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member

Keion White 6’4 267
Jordan Domineck 6’3 235
Kevin Harris 6’4 235
Kyle Kennard 6’5 235
Josh Robinson 6’4 254

Agree this is a big loss. But I don't agree with folks having that 'woe is us' sentiment (not you, just speaking generally).

One thing I know about cfb is it's an ever-changing environment especially w.r.t. kids and their development. I was as high on Kennard as I was on Ivey. It's not out of the realm of possibility that he, or any of those you listed, could emerge.

I'll stay optimistic although acknowledging id prefer having all our guys.

MonroeJacket

GT Athlete
Agree this is a big loss. But I don't agree with folks having that 'woe is us' sentiment (not you, just speaking generally).

One thing I know about cfb is it's an ever-changing environment especially w.r.t. kids and their development. I was as high on Kennard as I was on Ivey. It's not out of the realm of possibility that he, or any of those you listed, could emerge.

I'll stay optimistic although acknowledging id prefer having all our guys.
I still go back to the off-season prior to the 2014 season. Attrition, among other things, had our roster and outlook looking bleak and despondent.

I like our talent this year, gotta coach ‘em up.