Jaquan Henderson Article

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
If Woody works GT is competing for titles.
I think if Woody works out like Foster does at VT we can definitely compete for a title. The only other thing that will need to improve in a big way is the OL. If we could just land 1 or 2 studs on the OL every year with what we currently get I believe we could be a 10 plus win team a year. That’s a big IF thought for the OL and the defense, and that’s never really happened at GT. The possibility is definitely there though, and I’d say this is the best time for that with all the new stuff going on around the program.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
If the D falls flat on its face all the Woody lovers....:ROFLMAO:....will become Woody haters.

I like the athleticism JH appears to have...I’m not loving his lack of size at OLB. We have to find a rush.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
Roquan Smith was 6’ and 203 when he signed with UGA

We need to coach up - see the future and start.

#3 R Smith - Sees the future, starts , and is fast = top nfl pick.

20171231_212907.jpg

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
We need to coach up - see the future and start.

#3 R Smith - Sees the future, starts , and is fast = top nfl pick.

View attachment 3575
I’m no veer expert, but the faster the D, the more perfect the spacing must be. The pitch man seems a step too deep and a step too close to the qb. That’s all it takes to change the outcome of this play. If the Aback is just two steps different, this play has a chance to get the corner.

Instead, it goes for a loss. This is where an extra year of experience together as a unit is going to pay off Big Time.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
I’m no veer expert, but the faster the D, the more perfect the spacing must be. The pitch man seems a step too deep and a step too close to the qb. That’s all it takes to change the outcome of this play. If the Aback is just two steps different, this play has a chance to get the corner.

Instead, it goes for a loss. This is where an extra year of experience together as a unit is going to pay off Big Time.

Imo , The real issue is w the spacing the pitch should have been kept. the qb should have followed the rg ( who was slow off the line) after the rt ( i think down blocked). Note the bb is kicking out. the safety was reading something that sent him to outside.

Agree - the pitch tree will improve

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
Interesting quote from Coach Johnson in the article: “I think the defense is a good fit for Georgia Tech and the players we can get here...”. Just what kind of players can Tech get?
We had that defense once before and it didn't fit. Then it did not succeed because we didn't have that man-eating hulk of a nose guard. Now it will succeed because we don't have that man-eating hulk of a nose guard. But we do have a 197 pound linebacker. Before it was not simple. Now it is simple. I don't care how they line up, 11 deep or 11 on the front. I want them to a) find the ball and b) hit the guy who has it at the moment. And finally, I guess, more knockdowns and fewer dragdowns.

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
We had that defense once before and it didn't fit. Then it did not succeed because we didn't have that man-eating hulk of a nose guard. Now it will succeed because we don't have that man-eating hulk of a nose guard. But we do have a 197 pound linebacker. Before it was not simple. Now it is simple. I don't care how they line up, 11 deep or 11 on the front. I want them to a) find the ball and b) hit the guy who has it at the moment. And finally, I guess, more knockdowns and fewer dragdowns.
We have never run this D under CPJ.

TromboneJacket

Ramblin' Wreck
We did run a 3-4 under Groh, although from what I have gathered, Woody's version of it is not quite the same.
The philosophy and execution of Groh’s defense is so different that Ted Roof’s defense is closer to Groh’s than Woody’s is. The best comparison to Woody’s D that we’ve seen in Power 5 football is Bud Foster’s defense at vpisu.

YJMD

Helluva Engineer
This defense does still thrive on the NT, but it's a very different approach than Groh had. Size is much less of a premium. I think also it's a better for today's hurry-up spreads. We won't have to sacrifice conditioning, and when me make an aggressive play that puts them behind schedule, hurry-up teams tend to slow down.

wesgt123

Helluva Engineer
Allllllll this talk about defense. I hope the energy stays positive like this during the season lol.

Everyone is saying the OL needs improvement and that is 100% true. But good lord, it sure would be nice to find a real qb to fit our system.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
Allllllll this talk about defense. I hope the energy stays positive like this during the season lol.

Everyone is saying the OL needs improvement and that is 100% true. But good lord, it sure would be nice to find a real qb to fit our system.
I think you’ll be pleasantly surprised by Taquan this year. I’m expecting a big jump in many areas.

If not, we have some very nice alternatives waiting in the wings. We even have a Nesbitt clone true fresh.

wesgt123

Helluva Engineer
I think you’ll be pleasantly surprised by Taquan this year. I’m expecting a big jump in many areas.

If not, we have some very nice alternatives waiting in the wings. We even have a Nesbitt clone true fresh.
I’m all for wishful thinking, but I will see it to believe it. Not saying it can’t be done, and I hope I’m surprised. He’s an elusive runner, probably the most natural and fluid runner at QB. Id love to see improvements in pitching and accuracy as well

Yaller Jacket

Ramblin' Wreck
I see a lot to like in this guy. Thanks for sharing, cheese. I love speed in a linebacker. He'll get a little bigger, but speed is hard to grow. If he has a little agility to go with it, he could be really good. Fast, agile linebackers are the ones which give our own offensive players the most trouble blocking. They are hard to get a pad on. They are hard for backs to block on blitzes, and he should be able to cover some too.

I didn't remember we had any 25th or 23rd rated players sign this year. Maybe the new recruiting rules. I don't think PJ picked a very good example.