Jahmyr Gibbs Hype Thread

Cam

Helluva Engineer
A lot more hype coming in today with the presser. JP Mason said, "Jahmyr, he's... He's a freak of nature. That's what I can say about him. He can move quick. Yeah, he's that dude."

Coach Choice [timestamped below]: "First, Jahmyr is an animal. The kid is unbelievable, you know what I mean. For him, there's no point in trying to get him in. He's going to play. The kid is unbelievable. He works his tail off, he's very humble. He doesn't say too many words, but he competes on the football field. So as far as getting him in the game or getting him in the rotation, his work and what he's done is going to to do that by itself."

Gtbowhunter90

In Black Bear Country
Contributing Writer
It's ok I'm fat slow as hell and old I'll play on the OL and block for you. ( you may want to check on your health insurance )
Better ask your wifes permission first.

But this RB room is absolutely loaded 💯. Gibbs and Griffin will be major problems in this league for a long time.

Milwaukee

Banned
Gibbs or Griffin will win a Heisman by the time they're gone. Calling it now.

F4EF646A-B105-473A-9B2D-772B6D34F655.gif

Gtbowhunter90

In Black Bear Country
Contributing Writer
I'll believe it when I see it. That still looks like 2021 to me.

I mean, I'm sure the young man is talented, but practice is one thing, games are another.
Yeah I'd totally take your side over the guy who was a top 4 rb in school history and also an NFL vet turned coach... but please continue....

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
Yeah I'd totally take your side over the guy who was a top 4 rb in school history and also an NFL vet turned coach... but please continue....

To be fair, I too am always just a tiny bit skeptical about comments made in camp. Tashard is an upbeat, wonderful human being who is genuinely enthusiastic and loves his kids. If I was in camp, he would find something nice to say about my skilz toting the pigskin and I'm in my 6th decade on this big rock.But over the years us older folks have heard fantastic things about "the next great thing" on the scout team. I hope this young man is the second coming of ELI and I know he came to us "highly recommended" as CPJ used to say. But I am one also who is a bit of a "show me, don't tell me" type. Or, as a fellow engineer used to say...."In God I trust,all others must bring data."

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Mason is still the starter. Let's not forget he's one of the top runningbacks in college football. He's a proven back on this level.

Gibbs is a special talent, and he's going to be like any other freshmen with his credentials: He'll give you spectacular moments to go with freshmen mistakes. We saw it last season with Griffin. We saw it with Dwyer when he backed up our boy Tashard Choice.

Ya'll...this is what it's like to be talent rich at a position. We've got two 4 star RBs, and proven top notch college RB whose most likely playing in the NFL. Heck, we have another 4 star RB that hasn't even entered the conversation (Bruce Jordan Swilling). In the next 2-3 years, I'm pretty confident this staff is gonna stack enough talent on the roster to have the same discussion about pretty much every position on the field.