Jackets vs. LSU 12/11, 6PM

pittkesh99

Georgia Tech Fan
This has been one of the worst officiated games I have seen. In here in person and LSU is literally shoving our players and grabbing them with no calls whatsoever…Looks like they got the SEC Refs. Doesn’t excuse our poor free throw shooting and turnovers though.

Tech93

Helluva Engineer
We don’t have a legit PG at this point, Devoe is a 2 guard, teams have decided to shut him down and see if anyone else can beat them (so far no one has stepped up), way too many turnovers

Jacketman99

Ramblin' Wreck
Just looking at the stats and it shows Howard with the most shot attempts on the team? That should never happen. Only 9 attempts for Devoe as well. Like the UNC game got abused on the boards.

GTbball2016

Helluva Engineer
Just looking at the stats and it shows Howard with the most shot attempts on the team? That should never happen. Only 9 attempts for Devoe as well. Like the UNC game got abused on the boards.
some of these games remind me so much of what happened against Loyola. Some guys that shouldn’t receive a lot of playing time are getting way too much.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Tough game. That team comes at you in waves.
Too bad the meek-a**, weak-a** NCAA allows certain teams to flatout buy players while some try to do it the right way.

We'll be playing our best basketball at the end of the season. Our fr wings need seasoning. We need their shooting.

Wish we could've captured the confidence from mid 1st half and gotten rolling again.

Gotta knock down ft's too, especially in a poorly officiated game like that where the refs are cycling between calling everything and nothing like it's their first time watching competitive basketball. I mean what in the actual F was that?

No problem, mods. I took all the offensive bits out. ;)

Jazzchaz

Jolly Good Fellow
I knew Tech was in trouble as soon as I saw the refs not calling the over the back fouls on LSU. But that's no excuse for Sturdivant continually dribbling into three people and fumbling the ball away when he has Coleman open on the three point line. If he's not going to look for the open man, he needs to sit on the bench.
I'd leave him and Howard on the bench the next few games and give the young guys experience. They can't be any worse than what I just watched.
Not having a center is really killing us.

jbix80

Ramblin' Wreck
Some of you need to get a life. I’m a die-hard Tech basketball fan. I get very disappointed when they lose. Nevertheless, I can’t wait for them to play. I love watching them. I’m sure these coaches are coaching their butts off and the players are playing their butts off. I guarantee you they want to win worse than we want them to win. The criticism on here is unbearable, especially when you start throwing college kids under the bus. I’m in for the long ride. Became a Tech fan at 5 years old watching Mark Price. 36 years later and I still love watching them play. Let’s go, GT!!!

GTbball2016

Helluva Engineer
Some of you need to get a life. I’m a die-hard Tech basketball fan. I get very disappointed when they lose. Nevertheless, I can’t wait for them to play. I love watching them. I’m sure these coaches are coaching their butts off and the players are playing their butts off. I guarantee you they want to win worse than we want them to win. The criticism on here is unbearable, especially when you start throwing college kids under the bus. I’m in for the long ride. Became a Tech fan at 5 years old watching Mark Price. 36 years later and I still love watching them play. Let’s go, GT!!!
I’m not blaming a single player on this team. This was a horribly constructed roster in an era where it’s easy to alter your roster in the offseason. Who didn’t know the front court besides Usher would get creamed this year?

YlJacket

Helluva Engineer
This was an AAU style game with one team simply saying we are going to out athlete you. Turn you over and push you out of any offensive set or rhythm. And that is exactly what they did. In the second half they sucked the life out of us which was really disappointing

Bubba would have been very helpful in this game just to limit TO and especially live ball TOs. But someone has to step up as a scoring option. I was hoping for Deebo bu not yet

Howard had the most shot attempts because no one else stepped up. Not his issue

We have a nice motion offense off the Princeton set but we need other stuff. LSU overplayed everything and we had no answer. We need something that gets Devoe or Deebo a shot off multiple picks and we need something that doesn’t go through Howard at the high post.

daddee724

Georgia Tech Fan
No ball reversals on offense. No adjustments our guards drive against a wall of interior defenders every drive. This has been an occurrence every game we have just gotten away with it on occasions. No kick outs at all just force shots. We don’t make any extra passes around the perimeter it’s basically whoever gets it, probe the defense and throw it if you have to. We had at least 6 turnovers where guards drove, the defense collapsed and trapped them, tied it up and lost it in jump ball. You have currently the ACC 3pt FGM % leader on the floor and he does not get any touches or kick out for wide open 3’s. One possession Sturdivant drove got tied up Coleman is wide open at top of key he doesn’t throw to him and it led to a turnover. How do you not know your personnel as the PG in situations like that? You run something (pin down, flare screen to corner, misdirection, P&R) to at least get him at touch. The guys guarding the corner do not have to play any defense. Slide in on the drives to wall up b/c there won’t be any kick outs. Offensively, more than likely you should drive to your shooters side 90% of the time to make the 2nd level defender have to decide whether to help off with drive or stay home. You take all the action away then with no ball reversals or skips it becomes so much easier to guard us. Our offense is predictable

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
Those of you who understand the finer details of basketball strategy might want to comment here. It looked like early in the game Tech had added another wrinkle or two to their defense, even some trapping going on. I had two thoughts watching the first half. 1) Pastner is still teaching all the parts of his defensive strategy and wants to reach the point where the team can roll fluidly in and out of several defensive sets. 2) LSU was confused by the changing defenses but I suspected even then that Tech had no more cards to play and LSU would figure it out.

My impression is that Pastner teams rely on the defense to establish the energy for the offense. Tech will get better as the team perfects its defense.