Jackets Travel to Louisville, 2/10/2024, MBB

Golden Tornadoes

Jolly Good Fellow
Tech just took over last place in the ACC- Last two games horrendous!
We are literally pathetic. The guys have given up on the season and it has shown up the past two games. If you’re CDS what do you do when your team has quit? It’d be less embarrassing if we just forfeited the last few games than actually put the team on the floor. For all the crap going on at L-ville this year, at least their team hasn’t quit

GTbball2016

Helluva Engineer
I don't think CDS has quit on the team at all. I think he is holding them accountable which is different than quitting. We'll have a different team next year.
Didn’t he basically say they didn’t go over scouting Louisville, as he was more concerned about their effort?

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
31/34... You think FT shooting might be important?

We were out scored by 17 points at the free throw line. 14/18 (which is not too bad)

Pappa P

Georgia Tech Fan
Our coach has clearly quit on this team so it should really be no surprise the team follows.
Curious - what is your basis that CDS has quit on this team? Perhaps he’s struggling to find the root cause of their inconsistency - from game to game, or even within a game. Perhaps he’s been at a loss to find a floor leader. But to say he’s given up on his players. What is the evidence you see?

JDjacket

Ramblin' Wreck
Our coach has clearly quit on this team so it should really be no surprise the team follows.

Yea when they were going on that end of game run I didn’t really understand why he waited until it was 18-2 run before he called a timeout… like settle it down earlier than that please

57jacket

Ramblin' Wreck
Points in the paint and free throws killed a good defensive effort. Foul difference was huge! Good effort. We just need a few more Kelly types. Gapare play was a huge surprise. He had looked good recently. Tonight he was terrible, as I'm sure he would admit.

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
Got out scored by about 20 points in the last 8 or so minutes. What is going on with our late game offense. Our rebounding was horrible down the stretch. It would not surprise me at this point if we lose most of this team in the portal. Will this team want to play for Stoudamire next year? Tonight was very disappointing.

lv20gt

Helluva Engineer
Curious - what is your basis that CDS has quit on this team? Perhaps he’s struggling to find the root cause of their inconsistency - from game to game, or even within a game. Perhaps he’s been at a loss to find a floor leader. But to say he’s given up on his players. What is the evidence you see?

Go listen to him talk. He tells on himself. What else would you call a coach flat out saying he wasn't going to watch our next opponents previous game (Wake against Cuse) or not worrying about our next opponent at all (UL)? How else would you interpret him saying there is no point in strategic thinking until guys are playing hard?

GTbball2016

Helluva Engineer
Go listen to him talk. He tells on himself. What else would you call a coach flat out saying he wasn't going to watch our next opponents previous game (Wake against Cuse) or not worrying about our next opponent at all (UL)? How else would you interpret him saying there is no point in strategic thinking until guys are playing hard?
He’s very arrogant for someone with such a bad team

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
How did Murphy end up playing so many minutes. I had not seen him playing in earlier games? Is Deebo in the doghouse or hurt? Murphy seemed to be hesitant on offense and gave up the ball quickly which basically meant we were 4 1/2 against their 5. Guess our coach had his reason.

JacketOff

Helluva Engineer
Didn’t he basically say they didn’t go over scouting Louisville, as he was more concerned about their effort?
How many times can you say “the effort wasn’t there” before it becomes concerning?

Once? Fine. Everyone has bad games where they take a result for granted. Sometimes you can even win a game with poor effort

Twice? Okay what’s going on. Why is the effort not there? Is it because of the opponent? A tough stretch of hard games has worn everybody out? Is there a team leader with a bad attitude?

Three times!?!? Are practices the problem? Too intense? Not intense enough? Is the locker room divided? Has the coach lost the team?

We’re well past 3 times that CDS has specifically called out the effort at this point in the year. Something is clearly wrong and not working. I didn’t even watch the game because I’m so checked out for the rest of the season after some of the piss poor results we’ve gotten. Maybe this group of players isn’t what CDS wants to run his system with, but it’s the group of players he’s got. It’s his job to have them ready to play. If he’s calling out their effort level multiple times, at least some of the blame has to go to him.

I hope we can find a way to win some more games down the stretch, maybe even one in the ACCT, but it’s not a good look right now. I hope CDS succeeds, I like him and think he fits in well at GT and in Atlanta, and clearly he’s a good basketball coach. But something has to give here soon, or we’ll be paying yet another coach to NOT coach here.

gte447f

Ramblin' Wreck
He has no basis other than he hated the hire from the get go and is still butt hurt about it.