Jackets Travel to Louisville, 2/10/2024, MBB

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
We travel to Lewis Ville and take on a team with one fewer ACC victory after 12 conference games than we do. A win here and we stay out of the cellar instead of becoming roommates with the Cardinals and possibly the Irish.
The Cards played the Orangemen tight Wednesday night and only lost by 2 points, 94-92.

We need to turn on our Duke and UNC GAME ability and blow the birds away early and not let up.

Game will be on the on the ACC Network.

Go Jackets!

MidtownJacket

Staff member
We travel to Lewis Ville and take on a team with one fewer ACC victory after 12 conference games than we do. A win here and we stay out of the cellar instead of becoming roommates with the Cardinals and possibly the Irish.
The Cards played the Orangemen tight Wednesday night and only lost by 2 points, 94-92.

We need to turn on our Duke and UNC GAME ability and blow the birds away early and not let up.

Game will be on the on the ACC Network.

Go Jackets!
I support this title change.

Let’s for pickup a Dub.

Root4GT

Helluva Engineer

MidtownJacket

Staff member
We need some more of the passion that Nait showed in his postgame last out. We have got some pieces when they're playing with their hackles up, but we can not just roll the ball out and expect to win the game.

I know I am preaching to the choir here, but I will say going on the road after being embarrassed at home might be just what we need. Adversity seems to be the missing component until we get more collective ability to create and maintain the emotions internally we need that spark.

MtnWasp

Ramblin' Wreck
Some tasty quotes from Stoudamire's pre-Louisville game presser:

"The game can't be strategic until we play hard."

"There are consequences for not playing hard." (as in benching guys or "processing" them after the season?)

"I'm not going to compromise my standards to win a game." (as in, I am not going to play guys that are dogging-it even if they are the best players)

"If there is a loose ball on the floor and the opposing player dives on the floor for the ball and you don't, you got to come out of the game."

I gather some players are establishing some bad blood with Stoudamire by embarrassing him by lax play.

GTpdm

Helluva Engineer
Some tasty quotes from Stoudamire's pre-Louisville game presser:

"The game can't be strategic until we play hard."

"There are consequences for not playing hard." (as in benching guys or "processing" them after the season?)

"I'm not going to compromise my standards to win a game." (as in, I am not going to play guys that are dogging-it even if they are the best players)

"If there is a loose ball on the floor and the opposing player dives on the floor for the ball and you don't, you got to come out of the game."

I gather some players are establishing some bad blood with Stoudamire by embarrassing him by lax play.
If I took that attitude about my students after a bunch of them failed a test, I’d soon have the Provost’s minions knocking on my door, saying, “Pack your bags.”

Gods above, I envy CDS for being able to take that stand.

gte447f

Ramblin' Wreck
If I took that attitude about my students after a bunch of them failed a test, I’d soon have the Provost’s minions knocking on my door, saying, “Pack your bags.”

Gods above, I envy CDS for being able to take that stand.
Back in the day, it was opposite.

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
He practically announced kids are getting moved along.

Also, some of the questions asked seemed to lack an ability to read the room.

GTJason

Helluva Engineer
I think it was a Brian Gregory thing to pull a guy out of the game immediately if they made a mistake which annoyed the crap out of me. He'd have a pg mishandle ball and pull him. Like how is that guy supposed to get into any rhythm? I'm glad CDS doesn't do it that way. I would guess some guys have shorter leashes than others

ESPNjacket

Helluva Engineer
I think it was a Brian Gregory thing to pull a guy out of the game immediately if they made a mistake which annoyed the crap out of me. He'd have a pg mishandle ball and pull him. Like how is that guy supposed to get into any rhythm? I'm glad CDS doesn't do it that way. I would guess some guys have shorter leashes than others
Yes, Brian Gregory pulled guys for small errors that were unintentional. He created an atmosphere of doubt, especially for whoever had the ball at any given time. His teams were hesitant to do anything with the ball. He was a terrible coach on the offensive side.

USF was in first place in the American when I last looked in their first year without him.

slugboy

Staff member
Kenny Payne (pronounced “Pain”) is still Louisville’s coach

The local paper there covered their latest loss—their offense played well, but they were doomed by a defense that had more holes that Swiss cheese plus a lot of unfavorable turnovers. (Sounds familiar)

spdrama

Jolly Good Fellow
He practically announced kids are getting moved along.

Also, some of the questions asked seemed to lack an ability to read the room.

Absolutely nothing new in this presser. CDS has been saying this from day 1. We at home have the option of turning off the TV when they play soft & through body language look like they quit. He has to stand there and watch it & clearly doesn’t want to see that kind of play any more. He would rather lose playing 5 guys who do not have the combined talent or skill to compete at this level but play tough every second they are on the floor and will never quit. The rest of this season is an audition for the 2024-25 team. To those players who have not figured this out by now, nothing to misinterpret or misunderstand anymore. The minutes played line in the box scores will tell the story from this day forward.