Jabari's Instagram post?

Tech DEMANDED a helluva lot from me that, in turn, caused me to perform at the very top of my ability and beyond. Anything less was not acceptable nor an option. That enormous push to succeed, in turn, paid off well throughout the rest of my life. That is what Tech "gave" me.

What Tech "took" from me was any lackadaisical attitude, laziness, fear of success, and inclination to slack off at anytime. Freddy Lanoue's sink or swim class during my first freshman quarter at Tech established the idea and pace right from the get-go.
Don't get me wrong here. Tech did take from me, but Tech also gave back, which is what you said. Good to hear from someone else who remembers Freddy Lanoue and that AWFUL swim class. I HATED that man, but wow, what I learned. The world probably needs a lot more teachers/coaches/councilors like him.

chewybaka

Ramblin' Wreck
Tech DEMANDED a helluva lot from me that, in turn, caused me to perform at the very top of my ability and beyond. Anything less was not acceptable nor an option. That enormous push to succeed, in turn, paid off well throughout the rest of my life. That is what Tech "gave" me.

What Tech "took" from me was any lackadaisical attitude, laziness, fear of success, and inclination to slack off at anytime. Freddy Lanoue's sink or swim class during my first freshman quarter at Tech established the idea and pace right from the get-go.
I could not believe I had a mandatory class called drown proofing.... I should have put it together from that point on my stay here at Tech was not going to be candy and nuts .

Essobee

Jolly Good Fellow
Don't get me wrong here. Tech did take from me, but Tech also gave back, which is what you said. Good to hear from someone else who remembers Freddy Lanoue and that AWFUL swim class. I HATED that man, but wow, what I learned. The world probably needs a lot more teachers/coaches/councilors like him.
I knew what you were saying in a positive way. I was merely trying to amplify your good post.

Yeah, good old Freddy. He would leave sinkers down as long as it looked like they were still alive before he would send someone down to bring them up. "Blow sucker, blow!" I still love those words in some sort of strange, perverted way.

flounder

Jolly Good Fellow

The shaft giveth but the shaft mostly taketh away. All hail the shaft.

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
I could not believe I had a mandatory class called drown proofing.... I should have put it together from that point on my stay here at Tech was not going to be candy and nuts .
The suspense is killing me. Anybody ever fail that class?

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
Didn't you HAVE to jump off the high dive to pass? Pretty sure some in my class just couldn't ever do that.
OK, I bobbled the routine grounder, the one play every professional has to make. The suggestion was the class was "drown proofing", so I said ... Never mind. But in fact I was once a lifeguard at the city pool. Great job. High seat with an umbrella, overlooking the pool, filled with nubile young things in swim suits that revealed ... absolutely nothing. Rats.

Essobee

Jolly Good Fellow
The suspense is killing me. Anybody ever fail that class?
Dunno, but I was a little suspicious one quarter when it was reported that a drowned boy was found in the pool. Not kidding. Of course, it might have been a sick joke going around campus at the time.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
Sounds like an accountable person to me

That just seems really weird to me. Why would he expect GT to let him participate in pro day? Why? What does he expect this promotional video to accomplish? Does he send it to NFL team scouting offices in hopes of getting workouts? His biggest mistake was quitting on his team at the end of the season. It seems to me he didn't learn a thing. Now he wants to show he's a big boy?

Ibeeballin

Im a 3*
Same way someone who is guilty of a crime apologizes in court. To show you are sincere and contrite. It's not farfetched to think he'll participate at his schools Pro Day. Different regime but both Reggie Ball and Kenny Scott participated in GTs Pro Day after being dismissed.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
Same way someone who is guilty of a crime apologizes in court.
But what if that same guy goes out right after and commits another crime? How many chances do you give him and is it really helping him?
grade issues
weed issues
motivation issues
quitting issues

"Hey coach, can I come to the school's pro day, the same school I quit on when they needed me most, so I can make some bank?"

What kind of message do I send to the team and to Jabari by letting him participate?

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
Same way someone who is guilty of a crime apologizes in court. To show you are sincere and contrite. It's not farfetched to think he'll participate at his schools Pro Day. Different regime but both Reggie Ball and Kenny Scott participated in GTs Pro Day after being dismissed.
Did I misunderstand that Reggie Ball flunked out in the fall and was ineligible for the bowl game. I was not aware he had been thrown off the team.

Ibeeballin

Im a 3*
Did I misunderstand that Reggie Ball flunked out in the fall and was ineligible for the bowl game. I was not aware he had been thrown off the team.

You are correct. Ineligible instead of dismissed. Just tying the ends of "of not holding up your end of bargain"

Fatmike91

Helluva Engineer
What kind of message do I send to the team and to Jabari by letting him participate?

All of that is water under the bridge now.

You send the message that we are family, and we help family every way you can...

That means we help him get some visibility to the league, and if that doesn't work out we help him to the extent we can with getting a degree and/or starting a career.

I'm on the other side of this one.

/

Ibeeballin

Im a 3*
But what if that same guy goes out right after and commits another crime? How many chances do you give him and is it really helping him?
grade issues
weed issues
motivation issues
quitting issues

"Hey coach, can I come to the school's pro day, the same school I quit on when they needed me most, so I can make some bank?"

The same situation happened at Auburn with Duke Williams. You make amends, if possible, and see what happens. CPJ and company said no to pro day and that's fine. If he said yes, that would of been fine, too bc it benefit GT more by having another guy showing out at Pro Day and getting drafted.

As far as the team, that should be the farthest thing from their minds. They need to be focusing on how we can be back in the ACCCG