Jabari's Instagram post?

Dottie1145

Helluva Engineer
Jabari was a SA on the flats. I'm sorry he didn't live up to some of your expectations. Buncha hypocrites.

To be as mediocre as we are we surely put ourselves on a pedestal. We were lucky to have him. He didn't pan out, simple as that.

Tech fans are the absolute worst (for the most part, not all).
I had nothing but respect for him until I saw that post.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
GT stuck with him when he couldn't get it done in the classroom while other programs would have gladly processed him.

He would do well to remember that. Tech hardly took anything from him. Tech tried to give him everything.

I think he went a year without scholarship. When he went from Hunt Days to Hunt, we knew he wasn't pleased.

Rules and enforcing rules each have consequences.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
In 2012 under the great dc al groh, jhd got 84 tackles. Pretty good for freshman.
In 2013 he dropped off to 40 ish when new dc arrived. His lb total in 2 years was 124.
Jhd couldn't beat out nealy who imo is greatly underappreciated. Also tyler m and pjdavis got playing time as they looked good. I was hoping the typical soph slump was the problem , but more personal issues got in way of success.

I personally appreciated that he bulked up and tried to play dl as we were woefully understaffed due to other dl departures after new dc arrived. .

He was in wrong place at wrong time and had a hiccup in ATTITUDE that cost him.

I wish him well. Gt continues.

Ibeeballin

Im a 3*
Can't please everyone. How much PT would he have gotten had he went to a factory if he couldn't stay on the field here.

May have had a better supporting cast (although all 4 of the DLineman are playing professional) and a coach to play to his strength. As someone said, it cuts both ways

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
At the risk of starting a false rumor... If I understand correctly, he is dropping weight and taking a shot at the NFL as a LB. This was the recommendation of an agent. Maybe it's what JH wants now anyway.

Perhaps that has something to do with the Instagram post, but I'm speculating as much as anyone. The above info was relevant at one time.

chewybaka

Ramblin' Wreck
I dunno, but he played as a freshman, right? And he is -- I think, based on his kind of churlish "can't take away" thingamabob, boasting that he was a "potential freshman" AA? But wasn't? That is kind of messed up thinking. Then he messed up his grades and as I remember failed to unmess them one semester, then played tackle at 295 or so for that awful 2015 team when Gotsis was a one man defensive line. There are all kinds of unmet potentials everywhere, so what is the boast? He was a mystery for sure, and nobody will ever understand Mason proclaiming him the best D lineman he had to play against -- in practice his ineligible year -- and the non-factor that took the playing field a year later. Too bad.
A true enigmatic compilation of potential unrealized. It is ashame for all, how things turned out...nobody wins...

Dottie1145

Helluva Engineer
At the risk of starting a false rumor... If I understand correctly, he is dropping weight and taking a shot at the NFL as a LB. This was the recommendation of an agent. Maybe it's what JH wants now anyway.

Perhaps that has something to do with the Instagram post, but I'm speculating as much as anyone. The above info was relevant at one time.
He sure wouldn't make it as a DL prospect.

Jay Alexander

Jolly Good Fellow

I hope he becomes a hall of fame LB and makes amends with his family...not in that order. Wish him the best.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
Jabari was a SA on the flats. I'm sorry he didn't live up to some of your expectations. Buncha hypocrites.

To be as mediocre as we are we surely put ourselves on a pedestal. We were lucky to have him. He didn't pan out, simple as that.

Tech fans are the absolute worst (for the most part, not all).
Some are down on his performance and verbally abusive because of it and you point speaks rightly to them. However, most of the negative comments are down on his attitude and immaturity and your point doesn't fit those criticisms.

Essobee

Jolly Good Fellow
As far as Tech "taking something" from him, I would venture to say that Tech has taken something from everyone of us who ever attended there. Tech GAVE a helluva lot, but it also took some. Nothing new about that.
Tech DEMANDED a helluva lot from me that, in turn, caused me to perform at the very top of my ability and beyond. Anything less was not acceptable nor an option. That enormous push to succeed, in turn, paid off well throughout the rest of my life. That is what Tech "gave" me.

What Tech "took" from me was any lackadaisical attitude, laziness, fear of success, and inclination to slack off at anytime. Freddy Lanoue's sink or swim class during my first freshman quarter at Tech established the idea and pace right from the get-go.