It is time for a coaching change

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sideways

Helluva Engineer
Let me ask this do you all think we can field another 2014 team / season?
I just can't tell.if the ACC around us has gotten better or our coaching worse since then

Good question. Sure. If there are play makers found for wide receivers comparable to Smelter and Waller. If the offensive line recruiting is better. If special teams are vastly improved in all areas. If a quarterback is found who can make teams pay for cheating safeties up to the line. If a defense is found that can hold a lead with under 3 minutes to play. If defensive line recruiting is improved. If superior corner backs are found. A lot of IFs but that is price to be paid for an ACC that is rapidly improving.

Augusta_Jacket

Staff member
no biggie , just get the admin to tell CPJ to get into the top half of acc in recruitment rankings or cancel next season so CPJ can focus on getting a little talent here.(at half pay of course)(and make that an annual requirement) .. maybe even hire an OC and scrap the gimmick offense which hurts recruiting

Remember when I said this was troll manna?

GT_EE78

Banned
sounds like we could be looking at another "lost decade" . What's coach Ross doing now?

Jacketman1

Ramblin' Wreck
It’s been 10 years. Still we lose to Teams we should beat. And we lose games we have won. I’m sick of this mediocrity that is put on the field every week. But for some reason this fan base is happy and content with being a 6-6 7-5 team. With the once occasionally 9-10 win season. I’ll take a spread with 4 wideouts any day. I’d love to see Calvin Johnson 2.0. Plus I love to see that little number next to GT on the screen. PJ has been here 10 years. 3-5 and I am going to say 4 wins this year. Again another year without a bowl.
And on Nov. 28 I hope there is a huge lightning storm over ATL to cancel that game.
It is time for PJ to go
Well, we're 4-4. And we play UGA on Nov. 25, not 28.

Jacketman57

Georgia Tech Fan
I have been a Jacket fan my entire life and always will be one. I understand everyone's frustrating in losing all these games we should win. How do you think Florida State fans feel this year. They lost one player and that has affected their entire season. So is Florida State really bad this year because Francois got hurt? Maybe, or is it because their OL can't protect their freshman quarterback? They also have 4 and 5 star OL. Maybe the freshmen is still trying to learn the game as a first year starter? Is it time for Jimbo to take a hike? He has a top 10 recruiting class every year and they only have 3 wins in November. So is it a coaching problem or player problem? Are the players just not that good or are they under coached? I love Georgia Tech and I love Paul Johnson. He always has teams that fight their hearts out. I think we are a good team but our problem is finishing games we can't do it. I don't want to be like Tennesee and have a terrible team for over 10 years. Anybody know the last time they went to the SEC Championship? (2001) They are about to fire their current coach and hire their fourth coach in 10 years. So everyone is ready to have Georgia Tech go through the same because CPJ doesn't win the ACC championship every year. I am not ready for that yet. There needs to be same changes I agree but I don't think it's time for a new coach. Let's see how we respond theses last few games of the year. We were also spoiled with JT. He knew he system really well and played it well. Also have to give some defensive coaches credit as well. There are some great defense coaches who just know how play the game. I believe Alabama has one on their staff. I think He gets credit as well for his defense and it stopping everybody expect Deshawn Watson and Johnny Football. Let's get ready for the next game and go Jackets!!!

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer
I have been a Jacket fan my entire life and always will be one. I understand everyone's frustrating in losing all these games we should win. How do you think Florida State fans feel this year. They lost one player and that has affected their entire season. So is Florida State really bad this year because Francois got hurt? Maybe, or is it because their OL can't protect their freshman quarterback? They also have 4 and 5 star OL. Maybe the freshmen is still trying to learn the game as a first year starter? Is it time for Jimbo to take a hike? He has a top 10 recruiting class every year and they only have 3 wins in November. So is it a coaching problem or player problem? Are the players just not that good or are they under coached? I love Georgia Tech and I love Paul Johnson. He always has teams that fight their hearts out. I think we are a good team but our problem is finishing games we can't do it. I don't want to be like Tennesee and have a terrible team for over 10 years. Anybody know the last time they went to the SEC Championship? (2001) They are about to fire their current coach and hire their fourth coach in 10 years. So everyone is ready to have Georgia Tech go through the same because CPJ doesn't win the ACC championship every year. I am not ready for that yet. There needs to be same changes I agree but I don't think it's time for a new coach. Let's see how we respond theses last few games of the year. We were also spoiled with JT. He knew he system really well and played it well. Also have to give some defensive coaches credit as well. There are some great defense coaches who just know how play the game. I believe Alabama has one on their staff. I think He gets credit as well for his defense and it stopping everybody expect Deshawn Watson and Johnny Football. Let's get ready for the next game and go Jackets!!!
2007 was the last time Tennessee went to the SECCG. I think Paul is doing a good job and he will be GT head coach for as long as he wants to be GT head coach.

Jerry the Jacket

Helluva Engineer
This team has not progressed this year. I think they have more than they are giving but the coaches have not been able to get that extra bit out of them to get us over the hump. We have a knack for playing just good enough to get beat. I personally think we are making the same dumb mistakes now that we were making against Tennessee. There is no team leadership on either side of the ball. We have a fair amount of talent but have not been able to harness it and direct it in the right direction.

Sometimes you just need a change. I think we are reaching that point. Just like a business, or any other organization, a change of leadership is often called for just to get things moving in a better direction. Johnson may retire if he losses out. It will take more than we are currently producing to win any of our last 3 games. I hope our guys find the gumption to somehow pull it together down the stretch.

Go Jackets!

GT_B

Ramblin' Wreck
How do we afford the buyout? We can barely afford to pay the other coaches we fired. Unless there is a big donation coming soon we can afford to fire Paul.

But we sure do look mediocre now days. Many people are shutting down the offense more and more

wuzjrbuzz

Jolly Good Fellow
Score 41 vs UT and 36 vs UV, not a problem with the offense. How many seasons have we had decent teams on offense with defensive and special team meltdowns... it is almost predictable at this point. Getting to old to sweat this anymore. Still, I have season tickets and will pull for GT as I have for 55+ years.

lv20gt

Helluva Engineer
Score 41 vs UT and 36 vs UV, not a problem with the offense. How many seasons have we had decent teams on offense with defensive and special team meltdowns... it is almost predictable at this point. Getting to old to sweat this anymore. Still, I have season tickets and will pull for GT as I have for 55+ years.

lmao. We scored 28 in regulation against UT . And against UVA we scored 36 only because we got a pick 6 and a fumble to give us the ball on the 14. We had 16 drives other than that 14 yard one. We scored 3 times. And that isn't a problem? lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.