Is this the year we get a U vs FSU...

Sideways

Helluva Engineer
I like CMR but he is a horrible game time coach. Let's see don't stop the clock and set up 2 plays against Ala, squib kick the ball w no time left against GT etc... I could go on and on and on. He will lose more close games than he will win.

I like CMR as well. He is a good recruiter and always has talented players that are usually ready to play. For the life of me, I cannot understand why Miami fired Randy Shannon. Florida scooped him up and is getting players out of south Florida that used to go to Miami. CMR played quarterback for the Canes back in the day and was probably their best choice when they got rid of Golden. One thing is for sure, they have been a thorn in our side for quite some time.

Sideways

Helluva Engineer
I have very mixed feelings about Miami winning a NC. On the one hand, I would absolutely love it if they won one under Richt before Kirby even sniffs one at ugag because of the dejection that it bring upon all of the mutt fans. On the other hand, I already can't stand Miami fans and I don't know if I could deal with them if they were to win another one.

I don't really see Miami playing for a national championship because the recruiting dynamics have changed in south Florida from back in the day (1980s and 1990s). Florida, FSU, and Auburn have all made inroads into territory that used to be strictly Cane territory. Miami gets great talent, don't get me wrong, BUT it is not nearly as good as what they used to get. They also don't have the depth they used to have. To be sure, Miami is and will be a factor in the ACC and is a good bet in any given year to win the Coastal title and play in the ACC championship game but the fact that after all these years they still have not done so is revealing.