Is this the year we get a U vs FSU...

DH9387

Jolly Good Fellow
In my opinion Miami has had great talent for many years but lacked coaching. I don't criticise coaches very often but the guys that Miami has had in the past have been really bad. Richt on the other hand is a definite upgrade. He does some questionable things sometimes in the games but I've watched him over the years and I feel like he's much better than he was when he started at UGA with those gametime decisions. On the other hand the bigger picture in my opinion is getting the program doing the right things day in and day out and he's so much better than the previous coaches in that regard.

I hope we wear them out and I love our team and our staff but I also believe that Miami will always have a great chance as long as Richt is there. I'm not predicting a NC but like I said it wouldn't surprise me. Of course that's why they play the games!
I have very mixed feelings about Miami winning a NC. On the one hand, I would absolutely love it if they won one under Richt before Kirby even sniffs one at ugag because of the dejection that it bring upon all of the mutt fans. On the other hand, I already can't stand Miami fans and I don't know if I could deal with them if they were to win another one.

OldJacketFan

Helluva Engineer
I have very mixed feelings about Miami winning a NC. On the one hand, I would absolutely love it if they won one under Richt before Kirby even sniffs one at ugag because of the dejection that it bring upon all of the mutt fans. On the other hand, I already can't stand Miami fans and I don't know if I could deal with them if they were to win another one.

Oh hell no ;) duh U fans don't need additional obnoxiousness in them!

Adadu

Helluva Engineer
I like CMR but he is a horrible game time coach. Let's see don't stop the clock and set up 2 plays against Ala, squib kick the ball w no time left against GT etc... I could go on and on and on. He will lose more close games than he will win.

MARK RICHT IS LOSING CONTROL OF THIS DIVISION

Buzztheirazz

Helluva Engineer
I just want Miami to go 9-3 10-2 and be a perennial top 25 team. At that point, if/when we beat them it makes us look better. Need to get the ACC caché up to snuff.

first&ten

Ramblin' Wreck
I think FSU will be the representative of the Atlantic and GT of the Costal. I just think we have a leg up with as many starters coming back and so many teams replacing the QB position. Yes, I understand we are too, but with our system I think we have a leg up, plus CPJ isn't really worried about the QB position.
I think you're wrong about johnson not concerned about the qb position. I know that's what he stated, but he was just trying to divert attention to how critical our situation is.

northgajacket

Banned
I like CMR but he is a horrible game time coach. Let's see don't stop the clock and set up 2 plays against Ala, squib kick the ball w no time left against GT etc... I could go on and on and on. He will lose more close games than he will win.

Honestly I think Donnan was worse.

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
I think you're wrong about johnson not concerned about the qb position. I know that's what he stated, but he was just trying to divert attention to how critical our situation is.
That's why I don't like message boards. I can't tell if you were being sarcastic or not lol.

smathis30

Ramblin' Wreck
I think Miami actually wins the coastal this year. They were 16 points away from being 11-1 last year, and every win was decesive. They return the entire two deep in their front 7 and had a top 15 ranked defense in almost every advanced stat. Granted, mark richer will likely lose one or two games per tradition, but still. The odd year schedule hasn't been kind to us the first two times we've played it. I just don't see us beating Clemson or Miami and don't see Miami losing at least 3 games or one more than us this year.

PBR549

Ramblin' Wreck
I'm not even considering what I want. I'm merely stating my honest opinion. If I were saying what I wanted it would be to beat Miami every year no doubt.

The Doddfather

Jolly Good Fellow
No way I would ever want success, let alone a national championship for reverend richt. Nor would I ever want mia to win another championship as long as I or my youngest live. Seeing their degenenerate fans, whether stuck in the 90s run dmc garb, or 45 yr old men rocking jerseys with high tops, walk into Bobby Dodd every two years is enough for me. They deserve no bragging rights, as they don't even support their own team at home games. Most of them have probably never even been to Miami. The majority of their fan base grew up loving the "swagger" that just isn't there anymore. Regardless of how many times the media says they're back. Are they talented? Yes. Have they proven that they can win a coastal title in the last 13 years or however many years? No. So to answer the title of the original post; No. (Jackets in Charlotte and it's not close in the coastal this year.)

Oldgoldandwhite

Helluva Engineer
On paper, the top three talent wise will always be FSU, Miami, and Clemson in some order. Whether they get good QB play will be the key. Watson and Winston proved how far you can go with a good defense and a great QB.

Adadu

Helluva Engineer
Which is worse, Miami fans in run DMC garb or Mutt fans in mad max garb?

Miami has the absolute worst fanbase that we have to deal with (at least uga has a lot of reasonable fans that counteract the backwoods bubbas). Miami is a pretty terrible city overall and it shows in the crowd.