Is this the year we get a U vs FSU...

Oldgoldandwhite

Helluva Engineer
showdown in the ACC. This was the scenario since the U joined up. I still think the championship title road goes through Atlanta, Blacksburg, and Clemson. I wish we were more of an underdog than we are.

stech81

Helluva Engineer
In the ACC Championship NO , but they do have a showdown Sept 16 . Although Miami does have a good schedule. Start the season with Bethune-Cookman next Arkansas State and Toledo after the FSU game. And have us , VT and ND at home.

My prediction for the ACCCG is NC. State vs Georgia Tech. If State does not screw up a game, like usual, they are good enough to beat FSU and Clemson. And the schedule is favorable for them
They play FSU 2 games out from Bama and right after Miami
They play Clemson right after Clemson plays us and right before Clemson plays Fla State.
UNC and Wake as crossover and Louisville to me is not a threat.

THWG

Helluva Engineer
My prediction for the ACCCG is NC. State vs Georgia Tech. If State does not screw up a game, like usual, they are good enough to beat FSU and Clemson. And the schedule is favorable for them
They play FSU 2 games out from Bama and right after Miami
They play Clemson right after Clemson plays us and right before Clemson plays Fla State.
UNC and Wake as crossover and Louisville to me is not a threat.
Wake is in the Atlantic with NC State. Pitt is their other crossover.

gtwcf

Ramblin' Wreck
I'm of the opinion it's going to either be Miami -Clemson or GT-FSU, depending on who wins the Miami-FSU game. I think it's almost going to take an undefeated ACC season in the Atlantic to make it.

northgajacket

Banned
Probably not, but if Tech didn't make the ACC Championship I wouldn't mind seeing this rivalry game as the Championship Game. I don't think it will happen unfortunately.

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
I think FSU will be the representative of the Atlantic and GT of the Costal. I just think we have a leg up with as many starters coming back and so many teams replacing the QB position. Yes, I understand we are too, but with our system I think we have a leg up, plus CPJ isn't really worried about the QB position.

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
I'm of the opinion it's going to either be Miami -Clemson or GT-FSU, depending on who wins the Miami-FSU game. I think it's almost going to take an undefeated ACC season in the Atlantic to make it.
Agree, I will say VT could have a shot as well.

stech81

Helluva Engineer
I think FSU will be the representative of the Atlantic and GT of the Costal. I just think we have a leg up with as many starters coming back and so many teams replacing the QB position. Yes, I understand we are too, but with our system I think we have a leg up, plus CPJ isn't really worried about the QB position.
I just don't buy FSU. I think Clemson wins the Atlantic, IMO Clemson will be a little like Alabama last very good to great defense avg offense. They show you can win 11 games without a good offense. ( note here most the time I'm wrong :) )

PBR549

Ramblin' Wreck
Miami is not winning the coastal. Same **** every year with them, always a bunch of kids who wanna ride their five star ratings instead of working to develop and play as a team
In the past yes but this is year 2for Richt. He's going to make a major change in that program imo. It wouldn't surprise me if they played for the NC. Of course I want us to beat them and I think we have a shot but those "5 stars" have only needed good coaching for a long time and imo they finally have it.

flea77

Ramblin' Wreck
In the past yes but this is year 2for Richt. He's going to make a major change in that program imo. It wouldn't surprise me if they played for the NC. Of course I want us to beat them and I think we have a shot but those "5 stars" have only needed good coaching for a long time and imo they finally have it.
Because CMR coached teams playing for National titles with " 5 stars" in the past... Wait.

Jacket prime

Georgia Tech Fan

Because CMR coached teams playing for National titles with " 5 stars" in the past... Wait.

It's funny, when I think about Richt at Miami, these two thoughts always pop into my head in this exact order.

Last edited:

Adadu

Helluva Engineer

I really don't see Miami finding a way to the playoff at all. Remember UGA predictions under richt to go to the National Championship every year? Always found a way to blow it, even with Stafford, Green, Moreno, etc.

flea77

Ramblin' Wreck
I like CMR but he is a horrible game time coach. Let's see don't stop the clock and set up 2 plays against Ala, squib kick the ball w no time left against GT etc... I could go on and on and on. He will lose more close games than he will win.

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
I like CMR but he is a horrible game time coach. Let's see don't stop the clock and set up 2 plays against Ala, squib kick the ball w no time left against GT etc... I could go on and on and on. He will lose more close games than he will win.

This +1000

PBR549

Ramblin' Wreck
In my opinion Miami has had great talent for many years but lacked coaching. I don't criticise coaches very often but the guys that Miami has had in the past have been really bad. Richt on the other hand is a definite upgrade. He does some questionable things sometimes in the games but I've watched him over the years and I feel like he's much better than he was when he started at UGA with those gametime decisions. On the other hand the bigger picture in my opinion is getting the program doing the right things day in and day out and he's so much better than the previous coaches in that regard.

I hope we wear them out and I love our team and our staff but I also believe that Miami will always have a great chance as long as Richt is there. I'm not predicting a NC but like I said it wouldn't surprise me. Of course that's why they play the games!