Is this really an illegal block

Deleted member 2897

Diving at knees IS dirty and needs to be banned. Why not just hit him up high? This choppy bull**** might be necessary for smaller schools like Navy but we're P5 and have P5 guys. They don't need to be diving at knees.

Cut blocks are legal for a reason. They are not dirty or dangerous. All teams do it. On one of Clemson’s plays last year, every single offensive lineman all dove cut blocks off the snap.

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
Diving at knees IS dirty and needs to be banned. Why not just hit him up high? This choppy bull**** might be necessary for smaller schools like Navy but we're P5 and have P5 guys. They don't need to be diving at knees.
Show me proof it’s dangerous..... no study can prove it because you just don’t see injuries from it very often. Actually there are more injuries from a guy being tackled, should we ban tackling all together? What your saying is just a misconception, with nothing to back it up. Cut blocks are very effective in certain situations as well. cut block a guy and get him on the ground, and the less of a chance he has to drag the block out and get a guy out of bounds or help his team gain ground to make the tackle, there’s a reason not to block high. It’s part of the sport for a reason, did you see anyone from Alcorn get injured from it? Why are you guys not getting hurt from it in practice? And BTW to say this is power 5 football we shouldn’t be doing it, then you need to say that to pretty much every college team including UGA. Actually it’s so effective it’s used at the highest level in the NFL. Only difference is how often it’s used.

wesgt123

Helluva Engineer
I’ve wondered about this new rule and it seems is hasn’t been discussed much. Go back and watch Masons first TD run against Alcorn. One of the key blocks was from the A-back. Instead of cutting, he blocks him up high and seals the rest of the way for mason. I haven’t had the chance to go back and watch for more of the same, but I think our guys have been made aware of this new rule.