Is the bowl streak salvageable?

Enough of the pessimistic attitudes if that's how you feel,pony up the bucks to buy out the coaches contract. If not support the team and the coaches and understand things wil be better in time.

TCU went 4-8 in 2013. Think they give a crap that they missed a bowl one year?
Yes, I think they gave a crap in 2013. We need every opportunity to get better. When you get a bowl bid, you are allowed several weeks of additional practice time. With a team as young and inexperienced as ours, that can be significant in building for the future. We are not TCU who can sign dozens of players that can't spell TCU, and keep them eligible in comparative religions courses, and evangelical public speaking.

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
I think I am more worried about salvaging the season. Right now, 6 wins will be a stretch. Fortunately, uga does not look all that good without Chubb and FSU is not playing like FSU. It could be that we just played the four best teams on our schedule. If that's the case, maybe we will rebound. But, we really need to beat Pitt this week. This is as much a "must win" game as we have had in a long time.

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
Mathematically we still are in play...
Not going to be easy though, but that is why each game is played. If we didn't have to play the games we'd be 5 -1 right now based off of the betting lines going into each game.

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
Agree with those that think we need to "focus" and beat Pitt on the 17th. Then we can worry about the next game (FSU).

RamblinCharger

Helluva Engineer
Yes. The teams we have left aren't as good as the teams we have going forward. I actually think if we come out and play well then we can win 5 out of 6, but we really need to focus on Pitt this week. Their defense is solid, so we will need to execute much better than we have been doing. I still think we can figure it out, but we're going to need some people to make some plays. As far as the defense goes, I don't really have much to say. I dislike Roof, so I think our best chance is to bring a LOT of pressure on a regular basis and try to get off the field quickly and create turnovers.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
jbr...id rather just tell u to go perform a physically impossible task that would likely cause you internal injuries. i don't need to justify my opinion to you sir. But you begged and pleaded so I will respond this time.

We have IMO more talent than Duke and UNC...but executed in many phases so poorly we gave those games away. I think our talent should make us competitive against most of the remainder of our schedule. Will it happen if we continue the poor execution? Certainly not. Do I think our guys can execute better and start to succeed. Yep. If you want to continue taking issue with my opinions...refer to paragraph one ;)
As many a factory school that has disappointed it's fans can attest, talent doesn't guarantee success. We may have some good talent but we don't have a good team. Teams win games, not talent.

jbr...id rather just tell u to go perform a physically impossible task that would likely cause you internal injuries. i don't need to justify my opinion to you sir. But you begged and pleaded so I will respond this time.

We have IMO more talent than Duke and UNC...but executed in many phases so poorly we gave those games away. I think our talent should make us competitive against most of the remainder of our schedule. Will it happen if we continue the poor execution? Certainly not. Do I think our guys can execute better and start to succeed. Yep. If you want to continue taking issue with my opinions...refer to paragraph one ;)
I apologize, I wasn't intending to upset you or impugn your opinion in any way. And none of us here needs to ever justify our posts. I hope you are right, but my opinion is you're not.

TheTaxJacket

Ramblin' Wreck
No. There will be no bowl. Seriously guys? Have you watched how deep the issues are? We cannot execute our three play playbook. Not a single play.

Just find another team to pull for this year or skip CFB this year and wait until next year. Trust me. Better than watching anything GT football this year.

B Lifsey

Helluva Engineer
No. There will be no bowl. Seriously guys? Have you watched how deep the issues are? We cannot execute our three play playbook. Not a single play.

Just find another team to pull for this year or skip CFB this year and wait until next year. Trust me. Better than watching anything GT football this year.

NO...I hate seeing what's happening and want for positive change but will not stop watching and supporting them. Go be a fair weather fan if you like but I'm standing behind the team and the Institution!

GT_B

Ramblin' Wreck
Let's just try to win 1 game...I need to see this team resemble some form of a division 1 program before we even think about a getting to a bowl game. I will be there for Pitt and the remainder of my season tickets, but I sure hope I see some better football for the last 6 games.

Clearly I'm just frustrated. Hard to watch the product on the field knowing what might have been.
And there's the lure of college football. None of us this August---and even the previous August-- knew what was going to happen. In the summer of 1990 I was hoping to have a winning season. Voila!
We think we know what's going to happen, but most times we are surprised. Who could predict Florida or Michigan or Utah? Do you think Georgia or Southern Cal are having fun? The surprises of 1990 and 2014 are just more fun than those of 2010 or 2015. THWG