Is the bowl streak salvageable?

InsideLB

Helluva Engineer
I think it is unlikely given how consistently poorly we've plaid in the ND, Duke, UNC, & Clemson losses.

The streak is cool and is good publicity.

I personally don't think it is critical as a program as evidenced by lots of other great programs who don't have a streak and do just fine.

GPD

Jolly Good Fellow
Honestly, given the huge number of injuries, our current record, and remaining schedule, I think the odds are not in our favor to win 6 games.
And yes, for me it is very important to the program.....

Season's not over yet though.... There have been several times since 1997 that things looked bleak, then our warriors pulled it out

SteamWhistle

Helluva Engineer
UGA doesn't scare me without Chubb.
Pitt is tough but it's at home.
Miami is weak this year but always play us close might be a tough game to get up for because it will be in Sun Life with only about 20,000 fans.
VT is a dumpster fire.
UVA Scares me they are weird at home.
FSU has beat us 2 in a row and maybe we'll hold a grudge from the ACCGC and get mean on em.

BuzzStone

Helluva Engineer
It won't happen this year. We have way to many problems to fix and i see us at best winning 5 games this year and wouldn't be surprised if we only win 3-4.

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
This year is a regression, and we will be lucky to win 4 imho.

Next year we'll resume our streak of Sun Bowl/Independence Bowl/etc appearances, if that sort of thing impresses you. (It doesn't do much for me, personally.)

Orange Bowl and the like....not until we have a multi-dimensional offensive threat. As long as we cannot effectively pass, we are gonna get stuffed in the run, just like yesterday (and pretty much like 2010-3).

00Burdell

Helluva Engineer
Depends on how much you assume between now and the end of the year.

I keep thinking: Ok, this week, it finally comes together. If I continue to be wrong thru the end of November, bye bye bowl streak. However, if all the new kids figure out what they are supposed to do and our OLine decides to actually block somebody then we could beat some people and get a bowl game.

We desperately need to win the Pitt game.

FSU. Miami. Pitt. UVA. Uga. VA tech.

Can we win 4 of 6, and is it really important as a program?
In my mind it was important to the program because it was emblematic of being at least pretty good over a long period of time. That is gone now. We are horribly bad right now. The answer to your first question is a resounding "NO WAY". Not salvageable. If you have seen anything in either the play/execution of our kids, or the motivational skills and game planning by our coaching staff that remotely suggests we have a good game waiting to come out, please, please point it out to me. Is see nothing to indicate we won't continue to deteriorate as the season wears on.

33jacket

Helluva Engineer
I think we will find out this week against Pitt. We lose to Pitt and no way. We beat Pitt and start getting players back and then we probably have a 50/50 chance.

Atomic thinks that before Clemson (38% chance of win) we'd be 7-5. But Atomic doesn't factor in injuries, only results. http://atomicfootball.com/archive/teams/tm_9.html

fsu - loss?
uga - loss? Sony michel is legit
At miami - who we never play well on the road with Paul....most likely a loss?

5-7 seems likely, maybe even the best we can do with this team? I see no way this team goes 4-2 down the stretch....let alone 4-1.

But I agree...start with Pitt and see what happens.

OldJacketFan

Helluva Engineer
Again I ask, I beg, I plead----point out something that you have seen us do that is a reason to say this is "doable". Where is the evidence? We lose two players a week to injury off a team that is pitifully inept with a full complement of players. I just do not see it.

Huh? What evidence do you have of this? Are you saying the 1st team players lost are pitiful? The team wouldn't be better with them?

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
jbr...id rather just tell u to go perform a physically impossible task that would likely cause you internal injuries. i don't need to justify my opinion to you sir. But you begged and pleaded so I will respond this time.

We have IMO more talent than Duke and UNC...but executed in many phases so poorly we gave those games away. I think our talent should make us competitive against most of the remainder of our schedule. Will it happen if we continue the poor execution? Certainly not. Do I think our guys can execute better and start to succeed. Yep. If you want to continue taking issue with my opinions...refer to paragraph one ;)