Is everyone in the State of Ga enjoying the hype

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer
'
Just wait till next year when the news won't even report Tech football scores in its own state. You might not hear one thing about Tech football all off season but will have entire segments on what's happening at UGA
I look for scores on the ESPN website where I have GT on my list of favorite teams for football,men's and women's basketball so I wont be bothered too bad;)

stech81

Helluva Engineer
Most Tech alums aren’t slimey enough to enter into politics to begin with. So it ain’t likely to ever happen. Not to mention the fact that mutts fans would vote against him / her even if he / she was the perfect candidate for them otherwise.
Being a Southern Tech graduate I'm fine with being slimy enough to run for governor.
My campaign would be :
Vote for me I will plan deceive you all the time.
I promise to steal as much as any other person if not more. I will also misappropriate state funds and embezzle them if I need them.
If you are for something I will be against it , if you are against something I will be for it. I'll just assume you are wrong and I'm right.
Due to the fact the jails in Georgia are at full capacity I will be shutting down uga football, it's my believe this will cut the crime rate by over 50% .
I will work to bring in more McDonald's and Walmart's to help uga graduates find work.
Everyone who wears old gold ( wrong shade is fine ) and white will not pay state tax.
The new state flag will look like this :
th

TheSilasSonRising

Helluva Engineer
2 players got arrested after the SEC game, bringing their 5 year arrest total to somewhere around 20 (going from memory). The Basketball team just the other day ran a promotion that the first people to the game would get a free KCP (former player now with the Lakers) jersey. Well that player is currently in jail. This Fall it was announced that the football team has a 6 year graduation rate of 41%. Less than half that of Alabama. At a school as easy as georgia, that's profoundly shocking. The athletic department spent $40 million dollars MORE last year than Georgia Tech. There was an article the other day which said that georgia has 70 employees assigned just to football recruiting, support staff, and communicating with recruits.

If the media had any semblance of integrity, they would also be running stories highlighting how georgia has completely forgone any attempt to keep the University part of the University in its name.

How did you find out about these things if you did not read about it in the media?

GT needs to focus and build on beating ugag - not puke, uva, unc and, Heaven forbid, ga State, other punk azz football nobodies. And beating them on the field.

**** the media.

Beat ****ing ugag on the field. Not on the internet or in the paper.

Build a damn program so we sell out our stadium with our fans.

Step one: people do not want to spend hard earned $ and go to a sporting event to her whiners cry about calculus.

Deleted member 2897

How did you find out about these things if you did not read about it in the media?

Luckily, individuals picked up on it and posted it in social media. No news media reported that KCP was in jail.

We don't need to be focused on beating ugag one bit if you ask me. We need to build our own program to win as many games as we can, without compromising our academics or integrity. That could mean winning 10+ games a year but still losing to ugag 80% of the time and I'd be fine with that. I don't give two ****s about ugag in terms of trying to emulate them or out-do them in football. Spending $40 Million a year more than us, having 50+ more employees on staff than us, and a 41% graduation rate at a simple school are all things we will never and should never do. And that will always leave us as the underdog, which is great. So when we beat them we can laugh at them hysterically for being the bunch of idiots they are. They haven't beaten us at home since 2012.

Bogey

Helluva Engineer
If the media had any semblance of integrity, they would also be running stories highlighting how georgia has completely forgone any attempt to keep the University part of the University in its name.
By their publishing of Fake News, it is well known that the media has no asemblance of integrity. [emoji4]

Sent from my ZTE A2017U using Tapatalk

GaTechNation

Georgia Tech Fan
2 players got arrested after the SEC game, bringing their 5 year arrest total to somewhere around 20 (going from memory). The Basketball team just the other day ran a promotion that the first people to the game would get a free KCP (former player now with the Lakers) jersey. Well that player is currently in jail. This Fall it was announced that the football team has a 6 year graduation rate of 41%. Less than half that of Alabama. At a school as easy as georgia, that's profoundly shocking. The athletic department spent $40 million dollars MORE last year than Georgia Tech. There was an article the other day which said that georgia has 70 employees assigned just to football recruiting, support staff, and communicating with recruits.

7 years and 51 arrests

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
Most Tech alums aren’t slimey enough to enter into politics to begin with. So it ain’t likely to ever happen. Not to mention the fact that mutts fans would vote against him / her even if he / she was the perfect candidate for them otherwise.
Uh, dude, we've already had Tech men as a Senator (Nunn) and a President (Carter), remember? You could nitpick and say they never graduated from Tech, but they were both elected by healthy majorities in this state.

Deleted member 2897

7 years and 51 arrests

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Given most players spend 5 years on the team and that a certain percentage of people already have an arrest record from high school, that would mean probably 40%-50% of the current roster has an arrest record over there.

JacketFromUGA

Helluva Engineer
Uh, dude, we've already had Tech men as a Senator (Nunn) and a President (Carter), remember? You could nitpick and say they never graduated from Tech, but they were both elected by healthy majorities in this state.
current senator Perdue is a Tech alum. Not a huge tech lover but a Tech alum.

Sideways

Helluva Engineer
Now you younger GT fans will realize why us older farts know and stress the UGAG game is bigger than any ACC Championship. The hype train is in full force, its like the flu you cant get away from it. ROLL TIDE

I have a friend at church who had the temerity to ask me if I was now going to root for the Dwags. My answer was nope! Not no way, not no how. She actually thought that home state loyalty would over ride my hatred of all things red and black. Foolish lady. I quoted from the book of Isaiah: "...though your sins are like scarlet they shall be white as snow; Though they are red like crimson they shall be as wool".