*** **** is back in jail again

• Thread starter Deleted member 2897
  • Start date

TheSilasSonRising

Helluva Engineer
With all due respect, this is a mischaracterization of what is occurring. Ron Bell is a fugitive from justice who fled the jurisdiction after pleading guilty to armed robbery. He is not being prosecuted by Georgia Tech, he's being prosecuted by the state of Georgia. His current legal difficulties totally stem from epically bad choices he made in 2000-2001. Not to be glib, but if you can't do the time, don't do the crime.

edited to add: armed robbery is one of the top 5 serious felonies one can commit in Georgia. He was given an absolute gift of probation. To fail to meet his obligations of probation was mind numbingly irresponsible. Now he's facing the consequences of his bad choices.

Another thing. As we all know, up until 2000-01 bell was a choir boy and had never done any wrong. And after the gift of probation, he never did any wrong again. Riiiight.

We are, perhaps, just seeing the tip of the iceberg that might rip the rest of his hull out.

How much more stupid can this guy get?

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
You sir are a welcome addition to the site.

Next time I commit a felony, I know who to call .... wait, I object, Your Honor. Let the previous sentence be stricken from the record.

You have the right to remain silent.

use it more often ;)

RamblinRed

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Correct on the sexual assault allegations.

What is happening in GA has no bearing on the civil suit. it will continue to wind its way through the AZ court system.

Where it comes into play is if it ever gets to court (and remember less than 5% of civil suits ever go to trial) what is happening now could have an impact on how a jury would see the veracity of the individuals.

brandon_cox

Jolly Good Fellow
I've previously taken the position that CJP has a good chance of complete exoneration. Let me explain why. Start with the statement by CJP's attorney:

...As the Complaint explains, it was Mr. Bell – not Ms. Pendley – who first alleged that Josh assaulted Ms. Pendley. Since filing the Complaint, we learned of an Oro Valley Police Department Report from last year showing that the police investigated concerns that Mr. Bell was abusing Ms. Pendley and keeping her from leaving the home they share. The police response was prompted by friends of Ms. Pendley who reported Ms. Pendley told them she was “in fear of her life” and that Mr. Bell “is physically and verbally abusive.” According to the Report, Ms. Pendley told police that she had not been fully free to leave the home when she wanted. The Report also states that Ms. Pendley told the police Mr. Bell doesn’t always let her speak to her family. A copy of the Report is attached.

As the Complaint shows, Mr. Bell has a long history of abusive, manipulative and controlling behavior toward women. Mr. Bell’s ex-wife sought a protective order because Mr. Bell “threatened to have [her] beat up to the point of drinking through a straw for 6 mos.” A former girlfriend of Mr. Bell resorted to calling friends to rescue her from the house she shared with Mr. Bell because Mr. Bell would not let her leave.

We are confident evidence will show Mr. Bell has been similarly abusive, manipulative and controlling of Ms. Pendley, and the truth about the abusive and dysfunctional relationship between Mr. Bell and Ms. Pendley, and the nefarious reasons for their malicious lies about Josh, will be fully revealed in court and before a jury....We’ve been told Ms. Pendley’s family has effectively stopped communicating with her and we understand her family fully supports Josh’s lawsuit against Ms. Pendley.

So, JP's abuser and tormentor is safely locked up in the Tuscon jail and in another week will be 1,800 miles away in Marietta. A couple of months after that there is a very good chance he will be a guest of the state of Georgia penal system. She is no longer under his thumb. I'll bet with him locked up JP's family and friends have already started communicating with her again. She is slowly but surely being deprogrammed from Ron.

With Ron gone, look at the lawsuit from JP's perspective. There is no upside. The allegations that CJP sexually assaulted her are factually preposterous and she knows it. A jury would look at the fact that for almost 2 years after she says she was attacked she remained close friends with CJP and his wife, bought gifts for his children and texted and emailed them regularly, and laugh her counterclaim out of court. She stands a pretty good chance of having a judgment rendered against her that would financially devastate her. You can't bankrupt against a judgment based upon intentional acts; CJP could turn over any judgment to a collection agency that would literally hound her for the rest of her life.

JP has not reached the point of no return. She hasn't testified under oath in a deposition and perjured herself. Moreover CJP's attorneys very cleverly gave her a huge out, by painting her as more of a victim of Ron than a co-conspirator. If JP tells the truth and agrees to not harass CJP in the future, she can almost assuredly walk away from the lawsuit without owing him any money. CJP gets his exoneration and JP gets her life back. With Ron gone and JP's family and friends back in her life, she will come to the realization that she's involved in a lawsuit with virtually no upside, tremendous potential downside and walk (or run) away from it. It may not happen right away but I firmly believe it's going to happen.

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
I've previously taken the position that CJP has a good chance of complete exoneration. Let me explain why. Start with the statement by CJP's attorney:

...As the Complaint explains, it was Mr. Bell – not Ms. Pendley – who first alleged that Josh assaulted Ms. Pendley. Since filing the Complaint, we learned of an Oro Valley Police Department Report from last year showing that the police investigated concerns that Mr. Bell was abusing Ms. Pendley and keeping her from leaving the home they share. The police response was prompted by friends of Ms. Pendley who reported Ms. Pendley told them she was “in fear of her life” and that Mr. Bell “is physically and verbally abusive.” According to the Report, Ms. Pendley told police that she had not been fully free to leave the home when she wanted. The Report also states that Ms. Pendley told the police Mr. Bell doesn’t always let her speak to her family. A copy of the Report is attached.

As the Complaint shows, Mr. Bell has a long history of abusive, manipulative and controlling behavior toward women. Mr. Bell’s ex-wife sought a protective order because Mr. Bell “threatened to have [her] beat up to the point of drinking through a straw for 6 mos.” A former girlfriend of Mr. Bell resorted to calling friends to rescue her from the house she shared with Mr. Bell because Mr. Bell would not let her leave.

We are confident evidence will show Mr. Bell has been similarly abusive, manipulative and controlling of Ms. Pendley, and the truth about the abusive and dysfunctional relationship between Mr. Bell and Ms. Pendley, and the nefarious reasons for their malicious lies about Josh, will be fully revealed in court and before a jury....We’ve been told Ms. Pendley’s family has effectively stopped communicating with her and we understand her family fully supports Josh’s lawsuit against Ms. Pendley.

So, JP's abuser and tormentor is safely locked up in the Tuscon jail and in another week will be 1,800 miles away in Marietta. A couple of months after that there is a very good chance he will be a guest of the state of Georgia penal system. She is no longer under his thumb. I'll bet with him locked up JP's family and friends have already started communicating with her again. She is slowly but surely being deprogrammed from Ron.

With Ron gone, look at the lawsuit from JP's perspective. There is no upside. The allegations that CJP sexually assaulted her are factually preposterous and she knows it. A jury would look at the fact that for almost 2 years after she says she was attacked she remained close friends with CJP and his wife, bought gifts for his children and texted and emailed them regularly, and laugh her counterclaim out of court. She stands a pretty good chance of having a judgment rendered against her that would financially devastate her. You can't bankrupt against a judgment based upon intentional acts; CJP could turn over any judgment to a collection agency that would literally hound her for the rest of her life.

JP has not reached the point of no return. She hasn't testified under oath in a deposition and perjured herself. Moreover CJP's attorneys very cleverly gave her a huge out, by painting her as more of a victim of Ron than a co-conspirator. If JP tells the truth and agrees to not harass CJP in the future, she can almost assuredly walk away from the lawsuit without owing him any money. CJP gets his exoneration and JP gets her life back. With Ron gone and JP's family and friends back in her life, she will come to the realization that she's involved in a lawsuit with virtually no upside, tremendous potential downside and walk (or run) away from it. It may not happen right away but I firmly believe it's going to happen.
It is wonderful to have an attorney providing analyses of this bizarre case on the board for us to read. Thanks a bunch.

Andewa

Jolly Good Fellow

This is what I've been hoping happens. Divide and conquer.

jeffgt14

We don't quite suck as much anymore.
This is America. You don't waste your time proving your innocence, you spend your time proving the other person is a liar with a laundry list of other problems.

Lawyer mark

Jolly Good Fellow
IMG_0925.PNG
He has made it to the cobb county jail...

brandon_cox

Jolly Good Fellow
Well, I had this long post prepared explaining the legal issues, and then on I got on the Cobb County website and found that the Cobb DA's office sold us out. They agreed to a Consent Order to time served, a lot of restitution and an additional 4 years, 5 months and 7 days of probation. Miracle Whips is out of the Cobb County jail and will be back on his way to Arizona. I'm beyond depressed.

edited to add: I called a friend in the Cobb DAs office and asked WTF. He said that the state of Georgia doesn't need to be spending $50,000 a year incarcerating this clown. He's Arizona's problem now. I expressed my bitter disappointment

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Well, I had this long post prepared explaining the legal issues, and then on I got on the Cobb County website and found that the Cobb DA's office sold us out. They agreed to a Consent Order to time served, a lot of restitution and an additional 4 years, 5 months and 7 days of probation. Miracle Whips is out of the Cobb County jail and will be back on his way to Arizona. I'm beyond depressed.

Methinks you'll find a lot of red 'n black on the walls/desks of those offices along with a lot of 'meh, why should I care about this' attitudes.