Ireland

gtjackets930

Jolly Good Fellow
I wonder if they have a different name for it in Ireland?

Don't know of another name, but maybe. When I was there last, someone equated it to coming to the USA and ordering a "9/11," so order at your own risk (though, I'm sure most bartenders have heard it before). I "built" my own when I was there and just ordered the ingredients separately, if you're keen on trying it.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
Don't know of another name, but maybe. When I was there last, someone equated it to coming to the USA and ordering a "9/11," so order at your own risk (though, I'm sure most bartenders have heard it before). I "built" my own when I was there and just ordered the ingredients separately, if you're keen on trying it.
At the bar I mentioned earlier, a half shot of Jameson combined with a half shot of Baileys was called and "I&I" (Irish whiskey&Irish cream). So you could just order a Guinness with an I&I on the side.

bke1984

Helluva Engineer

Yeah, I would advise against ordering one of these...especially by that name. Just order a beer and a shot and do what you will with it.

Last time I drank a bunch of these was after the 2009 Tech at UVA game when Clemson beat Miami to secure our spot in the ACCCG. Nightmare of a rain day...I drank about 6 of these...one of the most fun nights I can (partially) remember

LibertyTurns

Banned
Email [email protected] with your order number and the fiasco with Ticketmaster US and see if they can email the tickets to you or confirm they will be at will call location in Dublin. I ended up just having them email mine to to me.

Hope that helps.
Long story but I was supposed to dish these off to another friend as a different friend had some 50 yard line seats and I paid him for those. When my tickets never arrived & the first guy reached the point of being massively irritated, I agreed to give up the good seats to him. Figured it was ok because I would just end up with mine. Wow was I wrong.

I have no desire to stand in a will call line after traveling such a long distance, but that's what they're doing to me and Ticketmaster gave me the big middle finger. Be one thing if I got hosed & had to stand I will call line at GT because I've been in Atlanta a thousand times. Quite another matter to drop a fair amount of money on this trip & instead of hanging out with everyone else that got the tickets they paid for I will now be standing in a damn line to beg for the tickets I paid to have delivered to my house.

We graduated from one of the finest technological institutes in the entire world and we make paying for & mailing out tickets the equivalent of putting men on the moon. This is complete crap. I don't know about you but if I repetitively hosed this much easy stuff up my boss would send me packing. GT should be focused on building a fanbase, not pissing us off so bad we start retaliating but that is the affect if their actions. I don't want to hear the excuses that Tcketmaster is a "subcontractor" and GT is clean. When another company associates itself with our institute & turns the experience into a disaster it reflects poorly on GT. I'd get laughed out of town if I blamed a problem my Team manufactured on a third party. My customer doesn't give a crap & is not going to brokering the next deal with one of my suppliers, they're negotiating with my company.

UK Jacket

Georgia Tech Fan
UK fan here, arriving Friday morning. All set for pep rally and much revelry in Temple Bar on Friday then Trinity College on Saturday before the game. Looking forward to making many GT acquaintances this weekend! Go Tech! T.W.S!!!

augustabuzz

Helluva Engineer
Anyone else getting screwed over by Ticketmaster? My tickets (after 3 misfires by them) were guaranteed to be on my doorstep when I got home. Surprise, nothing delivered AGAIN. They claim they were mailed today & will be on my doorstep Thurs which is great because I'm heading out of country tomorrow. Add insult to injury, I bought them with the now defunct Costco Amex card.

I have learned my lesson purchasing tickets from GT. They can blame it on someone else, but GT arranged for Ticketmaster to handle this on their behalf. Guess I'll do what I used to do & scalp some off some GT fan at the game. I've tried to support the Institute & program by buying tickets thru the website, but all it does it get you hosed because nobody takes responsibility for anything anymore. I'll be doing it the old fashioned way from here forward. I hand you cash, you give me the goods.
Can they be forwarded to your hotel?

LibertyTurns

Banned
Can they be forwarded to your hotel?
I requested that last night. Was told an "Escalation Team Member" was going to call me within 30 mins to provide assistance. After 90 mins, I called again. Guess I waited too late because I got the "it's after working hours message" & response to call back during normal working hours. I emailed & got a "we're experiencing unusually high volume" response & said it would be more than 24 hours before someone would get back to me. This is the third time I emailed them & on each occasion "they experienced unusually high volume of complaints". At some point the high volume ceases to be unusual and becomes normal. They obviously have no intention of changing anything. They have a script their people follow- tell people someone else will call you back, tell you you'll be receiving the tickets "any day now", etc. It's all designed to get you off the phone without having to take any real action. You can't get your money back because their website is littered with all kinds of caveats about why they're not responsible for anything, even their own incompetence. The Ticketmaster schmuck that I spoke to a couple of hours ago told me there was no such thing delivery service to a hotel & I needed to be content with standing in will call. They would have my tickets there. Sure. They've been remarkably reliable to date! Guess another BS promise is better than nothing I suppose. Can's been getting kicked down the road since May & it can only get kicked 4 more days before it really doesn't matter any more. I don't know how aggravated I'll be if I stand in will call for an hour only to find out I have no tickets there. Wish I had some kind of recourse, but I charged the tickets on a now closed Costco Amex account. Amex is refusing to do anything because I'm no longer a card holder. I know one thing, I'm not spending $1/min on the phone trying to work this out in Ireland. Will call is my last resort.

augustabuzz

Helluva Engineer
I requested that last night. Was told an "Escalation Team Member" was going to call me within 30 mins to provide assistance. After 90 mins, I called again. Guess I waited too late because I got the "it's after working hours message" & response to call back during normal working hours. I emailed & got a "we're experiencing unusually high volume" response & said it would be more than 24 hours before someone would get back to me. This is the third time I emailed them & on each occasion "they experienced unusually high volume of complaints". At some point the high volume ceases to be unusual and becomes normal. They obviously have no intention of changing anything. They have a script their people follow- tell people someone else will call you back, tell you you'll be receiving the tickets "any day now", etc. It's all designed to get you off the phone without having to take any real action. You can't get your money back because their website is littered with all kinds of caveats about why they're not responsible for anything, even their own incompetence. The Ticketmaster schmuck that I spoke to a couple of hours ago told me there was no such thing delivery service to a hotel & I needed to be content with standing in will call. They would have my tickets there. Sure. They've been remarkably reliable to date! Guess another BS promise is better than nothing I suppose. Can's been getting kicked down the road since May & it can only get kicked 4 more days before it really doesn't matter any more. I don't know how aggravated I'll be if I stand in will call for an hour only to find out I have no tickets there. Wish I had some kind of recourse, but I charged the tickets on a now closed Costco Amex account. Amex is refusing to do anything because I'm no longer a card holder. I know one thing, I'm not spending $1/min on the phone trying to work this out in Ireland. Will call is my last resort.
Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they're not out to get you! Drink a Guiness and decide to go with the flow. You win if you have a good time anyway.

Buzz4President

Georgia Tech Fan
Did you go on a tour to Loch Ness by any chance? (Yes I know how gimmicky it is, my wife wanted to go.) We ended up sitting next to Tech fans on the bus. I think we're going to have a good showing in Dublin!

No, that wasn't us, but it sounds like a good tour! We spent the day at St. Andrews walking The Old Course. It was spectacular!

ranman

Georgia Tech Fan
Long story but I was supposed to dish these off to another friend as a different friend had some 50 yard line seats and I paid him for those. When my tickets never arrived & the first guy reached the point of being massively irritated, I agreed to give up the good seats to him. Figured it was ok because I would just end up with mine. Wow was I wrong.

I have no desire to stand in a will call line after traveling such a long distance, but that's what they're doing to me and Ticketmaster gave me the big middle finger. Be one thing if I got hosed & had to stand I will call line at GT because I've been in Atlanta a thousand times. Quite another matter to drop a fair amount of money on this trip & instead of hanging out with everyone else that got the tickets they paid for I will now be standing in a damn line to beg for the tickets I paid to have delivered to my house.

We graduated from one of the finest technological institutes in the entire world and we make paying for & mailing out tickets the equivalent of putting men on the moon. This is complete crap. I don't know about you but if I repetitively hosed this much easy stuff up my boss would send me packing. GT should be focused on building a fanbase, not pissing us off so bad we start retaliating but that is the affect if their actions. I don't want to hear the excuses that Tcketmaster is a "subcontractor" and GT is clean. When another company associates itself with our institute & turns the experience into a disaster it reflects poorly on GT. I'd get laughed out of town if I blamed a problem my Team manufactured on a third party. My customer doesn't give a crap & is not going to brokering the next deal with one of my suppliers, they're negotiating with my company.

Ticketmaster Ireland was way better than Ticketmaster US ... I requested email tickets instead of will call, after TM US had changed them to will call without me asking for will call; I wanted them shipped to me like i requested and paid for in the presale.

After I requested the email tickets from IE to print out, I had the tickets in my email about 45 minutes later. That was during normal business hours in Dublin, if it makes any difference.

LibertyTurns

Banned
Ticketmaster Ireland was way better than Ticketmaster US ... I requested email tickets instead of will call, after TM US had changed them to will call without me asking for will call; I wanted them shipped to me like i requested and paid for in the presale.

After I requested the email tickets from IE to print out, I had the tickets in my email about 45 minutes later. That was during normal business hours in Dublin, if it makes any difference.
Hey thanks. I'm also going to take Augusta Buzz's advice and have a cold one or some multiple thereof as soon as I hit the ground tomorrow. Wheels up in 2 hours. Hopefully my last business call is over & it's all vacation from here until next week.

ranman

Georgia Tech Fan
Hey thanks. I'm also going to take Augusta Buzz's advice and have a cold one or some multiple thereof as soon as I hit the ground tomorrow. Wheels up in 2 hours. Hopefully my last business call is over & it's all vacation from here until next week.

If you end up having to will call, per Ticketmaster IE "will call collection point is in the lobby of the Ballsbridge Hotel on Lansdowne Road".

biggtfan

Jolly Good Fellow

I had the same problem. Don't eff around, email Ticketmaster.ie, ask them to email the tickets. It worked for me.

stech81

Helluva Engineer
I have a feeling the pictures will floweth as GT fans swarm Ireland.. here's a couple from today.

Flew from London to Cork this AM. First order of business was rental car.

View attachment 1750

We're calling it the Ramblin' Hatchback. Or GT Swagon. Or whatever GTSwarm deems its name. If you see it in SW Ireland the next couple days, it's me.

After Cork we ended in Killarney. Made a quick detour for a pint on the way to dinner:

View attachment 1751

Think there were at least 8 or so GT fans partaking.

It's getting real.
Looking at the picture what is the weather and temperature ?

LibertyTurns

Banned
I have a feeling the pictures will floweth as GT fans swarm Ireland.. here's a couple from today.

Flew from London to Cork this AM. First order of business was rental car.

View attachment 1750

We're calling it the Ramblin' Hatchback. Or GT Swagon. Or whatever GTSwarm deems its name. If you see it in SW Ireland the next couple days, it's me.

After Cork we ended in Killarney. Made a quick detour for a pint on the way to dinner:

View attachment 1751

Think there were at least 8 or so GT fans partaking.

It's getting real.
I doubt I'll be able to grab a pint in every watering hole I pass but I'm going to give it a helluva try!

Go Jackets! Kick some ***.