Introduce yourself

bigrabbit

Jolly Good Fellow
Hello EE grad BS/MS got out in 1980. I was in the upper east for the infamous Notre Dame fish throwing game (I think 1978?). Best game I ever attended was the 1990 Citrus Bowl in Orlando.
I've been kind of semi-retired for a dozen years, now fully retired except for a little consulting.

We're in hard times for football, but I'm hopeful things will settle down soon. Thank goodness now for basketball season! Look forward to keeping up with all things GT sports here. I've dabbled on a couple other forums briefly but GT Swarm looks to be about my speed, good info and discussion, a little edgy but not over the top. Thanks.

Techastrophe

Georgia Tech Fan
Thwg. BSIE 2003. Doing more EE and CS nowadays but that's life.
I have always appreciated how GT doesn't give up athletics for academics, nor academics for athletics. Student Athletes are serious students and serious athletes. Striving for excellence in both areas is unique but it works and makes both better, in my opinion.

00Burdell

Helluva Engineer
I guess I forgot to introduce myself. I am honored to have started the first thread in the football forum.

I go back to 2013 on this board but go back to the 1990s on another GT board.

Attachments

• 97D7E275-12AD-49C1-A561-C9844F26BC44.jpeg
    97D7E275-12AD-49C1-A561-C9844F26BC44.jpeg
    336 KB · Views: 14

AKABuzz

Georgia Tech Fan
Hi all, Am a 1978 BNE grad. Spent 40+ years in the nuclear industry until health issues sidelined me. SWMBO and I live in Suwanee. We have 2 grown children and one grandson who all live out of state. Son and daughter-in-law are also GTgrads.

I have had season football tickets for most of the last 30 years. Have had season basketball tickets intermittently. I have been a mentor to several students and am currently a mentor to one student. Am always looking to meet other GT fans. Most of my family and friends are UGA fans, including SWMBO, daughter and son-in-law.

After 5+ years battling health issues, I am trying to adjust to retirement, traveling, and volunteering.

slugboy

Staff member
Hi all, Am a 1978 BNE grad. Spent 40+ years in the nuclear industry until health issues sidelined me. SWMBO and I live in Suwanee. We have 2 grown children and one grandson who all live out of state. Son and daughter-in-law are also GTgrads.

I have had season football tickets for most of the last 30 years. Have had season basketball tickets intermittently. I have been a mentor to several students and am currently a mentor to one student. Am always looking to meet other GT fans. Most of my family and friends are UGA fans, including SWMBO, daughter and son-in-law.

After 5+ years battling health issues, I am trying to adjust to retirement, traveling, and volunteering.
Welcome to the Swarm 👍

MidtownJacket

Staff member
Long time lurker, decided to get an account. Graduated in '05, currently living in Houston TX. Working on my son, he calls us #2 behind A&M but I think deep down he prefers GT.
What part of Houston? I live north of the city in the suburbs, my wife and I both got out in 2007 - so just a few years after your successful exit 🎓