Introduce yourself

CrackerJacket

Jolly Good Fellow
I missed this intro thread before, but here goes: BChE75, MSChE76. Live in south Texas, but grew up in Florida - hence my handle. My avatar is a version of a poster I used to have on my wall in Cloudman. I posted under this handle on Jim Hart's site, then was delighted to find this one. There aren't too many GT alum in Corpus Christi, so I am extremely pleased to have this way to communicate with other GT fans.

Favorite games I saw in person: 1976 homecoming, whipping ND without a single pass
2008 FSU. We'd last beaten FSU at Grant Field 33 years before, and I saw 'em both.
2009 ACC championship - on my birthday! Sweet!

A note of hope for you all - you don't have to worry you might mellow and hate UGa less as you get older. I still detest the gaptoothed, pinheaded Gomers, but I don't get into fights with 'em any more. That'd be undignified.

TampaGT

Helluva Engineer
My name is Kevin, currently living in Tampa FL. Born and raised in Thomson Ga. Got to watch greatest GT running back from midget league to high school and college and why I became a Tech fan (pictured left). My oldest brother was a year or two behind Jerry. I went to the ACC Championship ,Orange Bowl and I go to Miami every other year and got to see the UNC this past year. My parent live in Woodstock, so I am planning on making another trip up this year. I go to the Orange Bowl every year and would be nice to see Tech play in the Orange Bowl again.

splinterGT9

Georgia Tech Fan
Hello all. '09 Public Policy grad; currently working as an attorney in Atlanta. Grew up a GT fan and try to make as many football/basketball/baseball games as possible. The best Tech football game I've ever been to is the 2008 45-42 game in Athens. The worst is a tie between the ACC title game against Wake and the Emerald Bowl.

The Emerald Bowl. God.

Mack

Helluva Engineer
I think the Emerald Bowl was a waste of tv time.....it was just awful.Only thing I liked was Bilbo playing qb which he should have been playing all along.

Mitch Matthews

Georgia Tech Fan
Well, most people know me as THE Georgia tech fan lol. Been to way too many GT/college football games by a normal persons standards. I love Tech more than life itself. Literally. I also love Georgia southern and college football in general. Can't wait to see what waits for me on this forum! first time trying one out haha

Mack

Helluva Engineer
Well, most people know me as THE Georgia tech fan lol. Been to way too many GT/college football games by a normal persons standards. I love Tech more than life itself. Literally. I also love Georgia southern and college football in general. Can't wait to see what waits for me on this forum! first time trying one out haha
Welcome !

Mack

Helluva Engineer
Now did y'all not have a guy named Eddie Lee that was pretty good also..two great backs from one high school is wonderful.

TampaGT

Helluva Engineer
Now did y'all not have a guy named Eddie Lee that was pretty good also..two great backs from one high school is wonderful.
Yes, but he was before my time. When I was in high school he came back and worked at the school. There would be more but many kids just don't have the grades. They run the "Wing T" and have RB's that can easily make the switch to BB or AB.

Mack

Helluva Engineer
My name is Kevin, currently living in Tampa FL. Born and raised in Thomson Ga. Got to watch greatest GT running back from midget league to high school and college and why I became a Tech fan (pictured left). My oldest brother was a year or two behind Jerry. I went to the ACC Championship ,Orange Bowl and I go to Miami every other year and got to see the UNC this past year. My parent live in Woodstock, so I am planning on making another trip up this year. I go to the Orange Bowl every year and would be nice to see Tech play in the Orange Bowl again.
Hey Ken..........sure was saddened over the death of Luther Welch....he was one of a kind.......was he there when you were there.

TampaGT

Helluva Engineer
Hey Ken..........sure was saddened over the death of Luther Welch....he was one of a kind.......was he there when you were there.
Yes I was our family were friends. He was a great man. My mom and Mrs Ann (his wife) were friends. I did not play football, but my brother played for him. I saw every game home and away for about ten years. Was one of the greatest coaches at in game adjustments. He coached baseball my freshman year. At that time we did not have a JV baseball team. I didn't make the the varsity but he let me practice with the team and then the following year we had a JV team. It was always fun to watch him yell. He would turn beet red and the fans would cheer as he was yell at the ref or a player. Did you know him?

Jay Alexander

Jolly Good Fellow
Hi Everyone,

My name is Jay. I'm a '05 ChBE grad. (I think we were the first class that added the words "and Biomolecular" to the Chemical Engineering degree.)
I grew up in metro Atlanta and I've always been a Tech fan.

Let's see: 10 years married, 3 kids (all boys).

Best football game memory was rushing the field after we beat Auburn in '03

Mack

Helluva Engineer
Yes I was our family were friends. He was a great man. My mom and Mrs Ann (his wife) were friends. I did not play football, but my brother played for him. I saw every game home and away for about ten years. Was one of the greatest coaches at in game adjustments. He coached baseball my freshman year. At that time we did not have a JV baseball team. I didn't make the the varsity but he let me practice with the team and then the following year we had a JV team. It was always fun to watch him yell. He would turn beet red and the fans would cheer as he was yell at the ref or a player. Did you know him?
I was at Wrens and Louisville when Luther was coaching....he was something to behold.He was so full of energy and perish the though if he thought the refs were against him.I remember my Flight Surgeon saying that he was not making many friends when he coached Screven County to a good record.I asked why.........and he said Luther would practice for hours and kids couldnt do homework when they came home.He was a great coach at looking at what you had and how he would stop you.He was the heart and soul of Thomson Bulldog football for years.........

Wrecking Ball

Ramblin' Wreck
Hi all,

My name is Will and I'm a sidewalk fan. Started my online Jacket career back in 2006 on Bbuzzoff because the Gailey years hurt. I was also on Scout for 2 years (07-09) and on rivals since 09.

My first GT experience was watching Joe Hamilton beat UGA and nearly beat FSU in 1999.

First games I attended in person were Jonathan Smith's TD trifecta (return, pass, reception) against Wake in '03, and PJ Daniels vs. UNC that year. As I used to live in Athens I unfortunately was in person for many if our heart wrenching losses.

I've been in California the last few years so last Tech game I saw in person was the 2010 UGA game (missed PAT.).

bat_082994

Ramblin' Wreck
Hi all,

My name is Will and I'm a sidewalk fan. Started my online Jacket career back in 2006 on Bbuzzoff because the Gailey years hurt. I was also on Scout for 2 years (07-09) and on rivals since 09.

My first GT experience was watching Joe Hamilton beat UGA and nearly beat FSU in 1999.

First games I attended in person were Jonathan Smith's TD trifecta (return, pass, reception) against Wake in '03, and PJ Daniels vs. UNC that year. As I used to live in Athens I unfortunately was in person for many if our heart wrenching losses.

I've been in California the last few years so last Tech game I saw in person was the 2010 UGA game (missed PAT.).
*insert Miley Cyrus joke* good to have you aboard

forrest

Georgia Tech Fan
Hey all, new here just found the site. I am one of the rare & mysterious sidewalk fans. I post at the hive as bigtimegt (however its been years since I actually posted, mostly just lurk) I also lurk at St but have no handle since I am not alum or do I know anyone to refer me. Thanks for letting us side walkers join here. Really like it so far, best recruiting info yet. I have been a GT fan since 83. I was 10. My mom lived in Riverdale & was a flight attendant for Eastern Airlines, my step dad worked for Marta. I live in VA but spent my summers & some holidays with them in GA. My step dad is a leg jumper through & through. My first live football game was at UGAG vs GA Tech & there was no way I wasn't going to cheer against him. We lost by 3 that day but I have been loyal ever since.