Introduce yourself

John

Peacekeeper
Staff member
Welcome everyone. :)

Bigbird4120 on every other messageboard except this one; guess I believed Eric was asking for my actual name in the Blank labeled 'name'. Silly of me...
Edward, PM me if you would like a username change.

Nook Su Kow

Ramblin' Wreck
Hello All,

My name is Will. I reside in Omaha, Nebraska and have been what I consider to be a big Tech fan since the 03/04 basketball season (and because I can not stand Husker "fans"). I was in 6th grade and saw them on TV a few times in the regular season, enjoyed watching JJ and BJ Elder play, and picked them to win it all in March of 04. Since then I have followed the athletic program and cheered. As far as occupation, I am a year away from an Accounting degree and will hopefully be a CPA in two years. I am looking forward to gtswarm to keep me in the loop of GT athletics. THWG!!!!
Really fun watching that 04' team. Ish's anticipated dunks were my favorite.

1Techfan

Georgia Tech Fan
My name is Lonnie. I am an alumnus of both of the GSUs. I have been following GT since the late 80's when I was in high school. I work at Children's healthcare of Atlanta. I've been a season ticket holder for football for about a dozen years, but I've been going to most home games for almost 20 years. I've been to almost every stadium in the ACC (and Notre Dame). THWG

After leading the French Expeditionary Forces from Rhode Island on a forced march to reinforce Lafayette and Washington at Yorktown, I took up football as a spectator sport. Viva les Jackets!

Stinger90

Helluva Engineer
GOOD TO HEAR FROM YOU!
Don't know what happen to Jim's board and I still go on the other boards. But It's good to see a lot of familiar name's from the other boards here in one place.

Should make for a great! and interesting! board that we can share the knowledge/ love/frustration's of GT sports. Regardless our difference's, we all want GT to be successful off/on the field of play.

THWG!

Mack

Helluva Engineer
Glad to see a lot of the BBuzzoff/GTSportstalk people here! I was beginning to miss you guys. What happened to GTSportsTalk?
Well like the CIA got a hold of it or something.Sent PM on Facebook to Jim ......but no reply so lets have a good one on this new one....seems like a lot of fun in the future talking about Tech football.

Fran

Georgia Tech Fan
I've been a sidewalk fan since moving to ATL in 1982 and learning about the academic and athletic excellence of the Institute. Notwithstanding some difficult years - and which D1 schools don't have them? - I believe Tech embodies the ideal of student athletes far better than most. Glad to be here.

Fran

Old South Stands

Jolly Good Fellow
Saw my first Tech game live during the mid '70s and became a fan in '76. Attended Pepper Rodger's football school as a kid in '77 and spent my Pop Warner years dreaming of playing for Tech. Though I never played football past the 8th grade (too small), I at least got to attend Georgia Tech and root for the Jackets in the stands. Eventually graduated in 1994 with a BS in industrial design. Posted every once in a while as "LowcountryJacket" in the BuzzOff/gtsportstalk forums.

Mack

Helluva Engineer
Saw my first Tech game live during the mid '70s and became a fan in '76. Attended Pepper Rodger's football school as a kid in '77 and spent my Pop Warner years dreaming of playing for Tech. Though I never played football past the 8th grade (too small), I at least got to attend Georgia Tech and root for the Jackets in the stands. Eventually graduated in 1994 with a BS in industrial design. Posted every once in a while as "LowcountryJacket" in the BuzzOff/gtsportstalk forums.
Welcome Low Country... I remember you. Happy New Year 1

PatrickinGa

Georgia Tech Fan
I was a member of GTSportstalk until I got tired of goings on there and left, shortly before it left as well.

Real name Patrick, aged 63, retired, married 40 years to same woman.

Been a GT fan since mid-1960's. My family lived in midtown, rented out extra rooms in our huge house to GT students. My mom worked in GT Research Center, my dad, after he retired from US Post Office, went to work at post office window in then new GT Student Center.

Everyone knew my dad, who, on Holiday weekends, would find students who could not go home for one reason or another, bring them home to a hot home-cooked Holiday meal in a friendly family atmosphere.

My brother grad GT School of Engineering in 1970's. I never actually went to GT, my IQ is plenty high enough, but I was never what you call a good student in terms of grades.

In 1969 I went to work for a company that had one of the first IBM 360/30 machines in Metro Atlanta. They allowed me to teach myself to program it, and I parlayed that into a 27 year career, leaving BellSouth in 1996 during corporate downsizing that was so popular in those days. They paid me very well to leave a job I was about to leave for free anyway...lol

Hobbies are photography, building and repairing computers, audio, video, GT football, used to love Bass fishing, but those days are gone for me.

GT legend Smylie Gebhart (RIP) was a close family friend. My dad also knew Al Ciraldo and Kim King well. Coach Bobby Dodd went to same church we did, saw him often on Sundays. In 1970's spend lots of time around GT, have known my share of GT athletes over the years.

We used to get a bunch of people together and walk over to Grant field to attend GT Football games. I would empty out the keypunch machines in office I worked at, put them in plastic bag, take them to GT football games. Female hairdo's from those days HATED those little suckers...lol

One thing I have learned from these many years as a GT football fan.

"GT football is just good enough to break your heart"

Last edited:

pckl300

Georgia Tech Fan
Woops, guess I forgot to actually introduce myself.

I was born into a Tech family in 1990. My father went to Tech in the 70s, so naturally, he raised me and my little brother as Tech fans. Though, I didn't take an interest in college sports until I actually got to college.

When I was a kid, I was a huge Braves fan. Who wouldn't be in those years?

As many Tech people do, I grew up as a nerd that had an interest in computer science. I showed up on North Avenue as a freshman in 2008, and decided, what the hell, I'll go to the first game of the season, even though I had very little interest in football, much less college football.

We were playing Jacksonville State, and when Jonathan Dwyer took a Bback option to the house from 80 yards out, I was sold. I instantly became a fan of Paul Johnson and the Yellow Jackets.

I have spent a lot of time since then trying to learn about the game I love to watch. Being able to take in some knowledge from guys like Boomer is why I come to these forums.

Rodney Kent

Ramblin' Wreck
PatrickinGA: I also worked for BellSouth and took the buyout in 1991. I was there for 36 years and retired at the age of 56. My son still works for them except it is now AT&T. I enjoyed the 36 years, but have never been back except to one of my friend's retirement.

Rodney Kent

Ramblin' Wreck
Thanks for the birthday wishes. My birthday present from my family is to leave me alone on New Years so I can watch all the bowl games. Actually, I was the first baby born in Atlanta in 1936. I still have the picture and article of my mother and me taken by the Atlanta Paper that day. The luck of life; come into the world as a winner and go out as a GT football fan in this day and time. Actually, I considered everything great in this area back during the Bobby Dodd days. At 78, I don't have that many years left to see good football at Tech, but I may get to talk with Dodd about old times.