Introduce yourself

Mack

Helluva Engineer
been a crazy few weeks for me since mid-november. moved back to south GA from the west coast. working remotely from a home office back in statesboro now. loving it so far!

been a crazy few weeks for me since mid-november. moved back to south GA from the west coast. working remotely from a home office back in statesboro now. loving it so far!
well you leave for west coast and the eagles took a nose job....get them ready for next yr with improved Paulson.

CornerBlitz

Jolly Good Fellow
I am a life long GT fan, graduated in 98 with a degree in civil engineering and former player (not a big name guy). My dad played a year for Coach Dodd and I've been going to games since I can remember. I have 3 daughters that I dress in white & gold a converted my wife, who is a UGA grad.

Though I recognize it's imperfections, I have great appreciation for how GT does business. I don't like hearing all the excuses for why we are not currently more successful on the field. It has been done before and can be done again.

I'm new to the online discussion boards but really enjoy good, critical and fair discussions about GT football, particularly from an X and O perspective. Look forward to suiting up with the new board.

Thanks.

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
GT alum, class of '81. I've been a member of the other sites and have heard good things abut this site. Looking for (hopefully) reasonable and balanced discussion of GT sports (mostly FB).

Deke

Georgia Tech Fan
Hi folks!

I heard this forum was a good source of info and civil conversation, and I figured I'd pop in. Been a Tech fan since being accepted back in 2004. I didn't even really care much about football at the time, but over my years there, the fever grew. I'm now a season ticket holder and try to make it to most home games (it's a bit of a haul for me). Looking forward to checking this place out!

Last edited:

GTOXAN2K11

Georgia Tech Fan
2011 BC graduate Sabir Kahn shut down my major so that's cool...

This site is so much better than Stingtalk... Actual football discussions...

Georgia Tech Fan
Started following Tech as a kid in the late 70's early 80's, because my best friend's dad played at Tech
Received my Bachelors in History from Augusta State in 2001
History teacher and coach football and baseball
My wife played softball at GT and received her undergrad at GT
I am a HUGE Johnson supporter and have followed him from his days at GSU

gtpi

Helluva Engineer
gtpi.... bme 81. also a tosu alum.

best game i ever saw was tosu beat the tar out of michigan 1968 on the way to a nc. 105,000 people mostly in scarlet and grey in the horseshoe. i saw all the home games that year. it was magic as was gt's 1990 season.

i didnt become a gt fan until i became a student around 1977. at that point i found out how rich the gt history and tradition actually is which gave me an even greater appreciation for my experience as a gt student and an alum. '

"WE CAN DO THAT!". yes i am one of those who liked the convocation speech. ;)

my first recollection of ever hearing mention of gt was when they were playing the buckeyes in basketball in the early 60's. i went and looked it up to make sure my memory served me correctly.

tosu outlasted gt in an ncaa tourney game in 1960. lucas ,havichek, kaiser all played in that game. bobby knight was a reserve for tosu. that ' "curse'd yellow jacket roger kaiser led all scorers with 27 points that night". i listened to it on the radio.

for you gluttons .... http://www.sports-reference.com/cbb/boxscores/1960-03-18-georgia-tech.html

my favorite yellow jacket of all time is ' bobby cremins'.

tanks for having me. i will try to contain myself while here. heh.

go jackets
go buckeyes

bat_082994

Ramblin' Wreck
gtpi.... bme 81. also a tosu alum.

best game i ever saw was tosu beat the tar out of michigan 1968 on the way to a nc. 105,000 people mostly in scarlet and grey in the horseshoe. i saw all the home games that year. it was magic as was gt's 1990 season.

i didnt become a gt fan until i became a student around 1977. at that point i found out how rich the gt history and tradition actually is which gave me an even greater appreciation for my experience as a gt student and an alum. '

"WE CAN DO THAT!". yes i am one of those who liked the convocation speech. ;)

my first recollection of ever hearing mention of gt was when they were playing the buckeyes in basketball in the early 60's. i went and looked it up to make sure my memory served me correctly.

tosu outlasted gt in an ncaa tourney game in 1960. lucas ,havichek, kaiser all played in that game. bobby knight was a reserve for tosu. that ' "curse'd yellow jacket roger kaiser led all scorers with 27 points that night". i listened to it on the radio.

for you gluttons .... http://www.sports-reference.com/cbb/boxscores/1960-03-18-georgia-tech.html

my favorite yellow jacket of all time is ' bobby cremins'.

tanks for having me. i will try to contain myself while here. heh.

go jackets
go buckeyes
Awesome! I thought I was the only one haha. welcome!

Mack

Helluva Engineer
Started following Tech as a kid in the late 70's early 80's, because my best friend's dad played at Tech
Received my Bachelors in History from Augusta State in 2001
History teacher and coach football and baseball
My wife played softball at GT and received her undergrad at GT
I am a HUGE Johnson supporter and have followed him from his days at GSU
Welcome good to see a AC grad and coach here on this blog.

MacDaddy2

Jolly Good Fellow
1988 Management Major
30 Year Season Ticket Holder for Football, Dropped Basketball season tickets this year
Not a huge PJ fan, not a hater either. Hate the offense when it is under center.
Not a huge BG fan, not a hater either, Very nice guy. Very boring style, need a big time PG.
Strongly believe GT needs to expand their course of studies to serve Georgia better (if that means a few easier majors for athletes so be it)
Cobb County resident, Married to a Clemson girl, two kids; 20 and 16. (hoping that the younger one is accepted as GT so she can, literally, CHEER, the Brave and Bold)
NFL and MLB - Not a fan
NHL - Nothing better than the Stanley Cup Playoffs (Go Wings!)
BEELIEVE that we need to welcome the sidewalk fans and make them feel welcome

Rodney Kent

Ramblin' Wreck
I have been a previous member of several boards. Some of you will recognize me with the handle of "ahsoisee". My priorities are God, family, neighbors, sports, and politics in that order. However, it is near impossible to separate politics from religion as a person's morality has a great influence on his politics. Also, sometimes sports are more important, and sometimes politics are more important.

Rodney Kent (ahsoisee)

Mack

Helluva Engineer
Thanks for the welcome, Mack. Esso, Santa, and the NSA are keeping a close watch on you. :cigar:
I know cant even get paper at the box in morning in big city of Wadley without running off several NSA and CIA and FBI folks camped around house.Glad you are on this board my friend.

Minawreck

Ramblin' Wreck
BSNRE 2010
Live in Northern VA where I'm from originally with my wife and new baby.

Persistent Optimist, my handle is a play on my last name.