Introduce yourself

GT_Johnnybodkin

Jolly Good Fellow
I'm a recent Georgia Tech graduate with a degree in Electrical Engineering. I'm living in Chicago, IL now working as an RF Engineer. I've been a Georgia Tech fan since I was 9 years old. Now 5 out of 6 people in my immediate family have either graduated from Georgia Tech or currently attend the school.

I have absolutely zero desire to ever go to the school again for grad school. I love our sports teams but I honestly am kind of bitter about how brutal Georgia Tech was and how graduates from other top engineering schools actually speak fondly about their undergraduate experience. I think college football is a very flawed sport with no checks and balances. As such, I love to watch college football for my own personal enjoyment but I'm not going to get pissed off if we don't win a national championship or whiff on a top recruit to even the worst school in the SEC.

John

Peacekeeper
Staff member
I have absolutely zero desire to ever go to the school again for grad school. I love our sports teams but I honestly am kind of bitter about how brutal Georgia Tech was and how graduates from other top engineering schools actually speak fondly about their undergraduate experience.
Yea, it's definitely better to not talk to anyone from other schools... but at the end of the day, you got out and now have a job.
...but I'm not going to get pissed off if we don't win a national championship or whiff on a top recruit to even the worst school in the SEC.
Then you might live a longer life than some others on here. :oldman:

Welcome!

Ramblinwreck7

Georgia Tech Fan
Been here for a while, but I somehow missed the memo on doing this...

Graduated from Kennesaw State with an English degree (education focused but chose to not go that route)
I have been working for a bank since graduating college
Got married back in December of 2012....getting ready for the first football season as a married man
Grew up a Tech fan...had I known what career route I was going to take, I would have went to Tech. I still may obtain my MBA from Tech at some point.
Big believer in CPJ and what he can do for Tech.
Typically very optimistic in life and sports
Love most sports and played a variety of sports in high school. Now, I enjoy playing golf and tennis these days
Love Fantasy Football...so ready for the season to get started.

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
Been a rabid GT fan (all sports and any type of competition or comparison) since arriving on campus from the Connecticut in '87. I have strong Southern roots, squarely entrenched in the Georgia/Alabama region. Spent 7 football seasons as an undergrad (13 quarter co-op), 4 as a grad student. Lived in ATL after graduation until 2012. Moved to North Shore of Chicago. Metallurgical engineer focused on failure analysis and litigation support, hence the "forensic" handle. 5 kids, 15 to 4 (4-yr-old twins). Love to read what other's think when they think about what they write. Hate trolls, personal attacks and internet tough guys.

SoCal_GT_Fan

Jolly Good Fellow
Just saw this........
'03 BS AE. Originally from New York now living on the left coast in the Los Angeles/Orange County area.

Been working in the aerospace industry since co-oping while at school. Currently working at Boeing doing both commercial and military programs.

I love football. Can't get enough of it (which might be why I never saw this forum since all I've done since joining is go into the football and football recruiting forums). Enjoyed some good football (1998-2003) and some good baseball (Teixeira, Menocal). So you can say I was spoiled while at Tech. Got to watch that incredible comeback against UVA in 1998. I think we were down by at least 3 TDs in the 1st half and came roaring back (they were also ranked pretty high at the time too). Went to the game with some of my dorm buddies and half of them left after the 1st half on slaught. They will never hear the end of that one.

JacketTrain

Jolly Good Fellow
Sidewalk fan and Atlanta native. To some of the members dismay, I actually grew up a Tech and UGA fan. I'm from Dekalb county and I've always had neighborhood heroes (older guys that the younger football players emulated) and friends that went to both schools and I would pull for both. As I grew older, I become more aware of how ignorant the majority of the UGA fanbase is. I'm Tech all the way now and hate everything UGA.
I served 8 years in the Marine Corps, including time during Operation Desert Shield/Storm. I left the USMC when I had an opportunity to work my dream job. I worked for the GA DNR in the wildlife resources for 12 years. I worked all over the state of Georgia on just about everybody of water in the state. I left that job when Old Zell put the kabash on state raises for 4 years running and transitioned into my current field, railroading. I'm a Trainmaster for a major railroad in Atlanta and will be relocated to Norfolk, VA on 09/15/13. I've already secured tickets to the Tech/UVA game. I'd bought the "Triple Option" ticket plan and 4 tix to the Pitt game before learning of my promotion. Those tickets, with the exception of the Tech/UGA game, are being given to underpriviledged kids that live near one of our railyards in Atlanta in hopes of creating new sidewalk fans who can remain lifelong fans.

John

Peacekeeper
Staff member
Welcome guys and thanks for the intros. I like reading about everyone's background... not sure why exactly. :D

@Ramblinwreck7 Let us know how the first football season with a ring goes for ya. (good luck!)

@forensicbuzz 7 seasons as undergrad? 13 quarter co-op? Holy crap!

@SoCal_GT_Fan Heading out your way for about a week at the end of September. Love visiting SoCal!

@JacketTrain Congrats on your promotion! Now I know why your username is JacketTrain. Going to be bittersweet leaving Atlanta for Norfolk?

JacketTrain

Jolly Good Fellow
Welcome guys and thanks for the intros. I like reading about everyone's background... not sure why exactly. :D

@JacketTrain Congrats on your promotion! Now I know why your username is JacketTrain. Going to be bittersweet leaving Atlanta for Norfolk?

Bittersweet is an understatement. But it's all about growth. And who knows, the Jackets may pick up a few more sidewalk fans with me going behind enemy lines and spreading the "triple option gospel".

thocut

Jolly Good Fellow
I'm a second year AE major and my dad was a ChemE major way back when. Born and raised in Paulding County and started going to Tech baseball games back in 2nd grade or so (my favorite player was Eric Patterson back then). Huge Braves fan (I got to meet Bobby Cox and Brian McCann at a fundraising event, which was one of the coolest things ever), somewhat of a Hawks fan, and obviously a rabid fan of anything Tech. I currently reside next door to a bunch of freshman football players (Shamire DeVine looks even bigger in person).

John

Peacekeeper
Staff member
I currently reside next door to a bunch of freshman football players (Shamire DeVine looks even bigger in person).

Cool. Are all the football players' dorms in that building on North Ave that used to be owned by GSU?

DWTR&B

Georgia Tech Fan
I'm a die hard Tech fan from the late 1970s. I was 8 when UGAg won the MNC and only felt a sickness to my stomach. Hence my name: Down With the Red and Black. Although I did not attend Tech my heart bleeds gold and white. Following Tech football is probably my biggest hobby and I look forward to discussions with other like minded folks.

John

Peacekeeper
Staff member
I'm a die hard Tech fan from the late 1970s. I was 8 when UGAg won the MNC and only felt a sickness to my stomach. Hence my name: Down With the Red and Black. Although I did not attend Tech my heart bleeds gold and white. Following Tech football is probably my biggest hobby and I look forward to discussions with other like minded folks.
Welcome! Looking forward to discussing Tech football with ya.

Dustman

Helluva Engineer
EE '83. I grew up in Greene County and learned to despise the Dawgs at an early age. Randy Rhino was my first Tech hero. I played little league baseball with his youngest brother in Charlotte the year before we moved to Georgia. Enrolled at Tech in 78 when the Rats were still allowed on the field to form a T for the team to run through. Our class chased down the Citadel bulldog mascot and stole the tail. The next year's class went after Auburn's Tiger. That might have been the last time they let rats on the field. Not sure about that. It was easy to smuggle a flask into the stadium when I was a student.

I lived in Charleston in the 90's and saw Joe Ham highlights on Warren Pepper's Friday night HS recap on several occasions. The '97 Tech-Ga game ruined my Thanksgiving. Maybe Christmas too.

Moved to Carrollton in 99 and really got hooked on HS football because when you think about it, there's no better way to start the football weekend than under the lights. My neighbor had season tickets and his wife didn't like going to the games. I moved to Tallahassee in '08 and bought season tickets the same year. It's only 4.5 hours. I'm all in.

Thanks Eric for putting this site together and especially all the recruiting info. Go Jackets and To Hell With Georgia!

IronJacket7

Helluva Engineer
GT fan since birth. Have loved the Jackets and loathed the dwags since day 1. Not a Tech grad but wish I could have been. My entire family is also all GT. My father is a die hard GT fan and has been supporting them since the Dodd Era. I remember my 5th birthday getting an unwanted uga t-shirt from someone that attended my party. My dad took the t-shirt straight home and threw it in his wood burning furnace. He set the tone for me.

I try to attend 2 to 3 games a year for football and would attend more but good tickets are expensive and I am a police officer so I don't make much money. I have watched or listened to every single GT football game since probably 1987. I also watch 90% of the basketball games and try to watch a baseball game here and there when i can find them on TV.

I have been following GT recruiting since the old hive days back in the late 90's. I must say recruiting sites have come a long way. I remember back when someone created a fictitious recruit on the hive known as Wally Yappo 6'9" 350lb 4.6 40 yard dash. Well anyway...

Thanks to Eric, John, Powder, and Drew for what you do here.

Peter Patsis

Georgia Tech Fan
Hello My name is Peter. Graduated Tech's Master's degree in Computer Science in 92. I currently live in Chile and lived all over the states in San Fran, Miami, Atlanta, Boston ..... Going to be tough following my beloved techsters here in Chile. Grew up in New York and really was not a fan of any college teams mainly because barring the Cuse, there really wasn't any other school that was playing all major sports and hence NY is not a real huge college state.

Was fortunate enough during my first year in grad school at Tech to have had a National Championship team and Final four. Maybe I need to go back for a Ph.D :)

Love the spirit of Tech fans as they are truly unique and real. My brother was a Mich State Spartan gr ad and comparing to us we have much less fluff and much more originality. Growing up in NY, I did not understand and have that big hate of the Mutts as Tech grads from Georgia but have since understood that I would rather be a Techster by far (cue in the mutt fan crying on air and Clemson fan crying)

Anyway, I really like the feel of this site, have been on other Tech sites but by far they are just not as friendly as it seems around here. Look forward to reading some enlightening and civilized discussion of Tech sports