Injury update

Matt E

GT Athlete
Eric, who is the guy the staff has the most confidence in filling this role? Are we expecting the younger guys to step up and earn the starting roles headed into next year or is there a thought that a freshman may come in and start? That tells the story for me in our depth at that position

ASURAMS07

Jolly Good Fellow
Michael Summers and Ricky Jenue is going to have to step up in Smelter place. I hope Paul Johnson doesn't put Corey Dennis out there against FSU and think he is going to do much other than block. We are going to need pass catching WRs to open up the run. Maybe even see a little bit of Antonio Messick. He has great hands.

Sean311

Helluva Engineer
I think Waller will step up...not that great of a route runner but he can catch mostly anything that is thrown at him.

gtg936g

Helluva Engineer
Smelter will be missed, hopefully Days will be a full go. I think this will limit our tight/ace formation, if the replacement cannot block as well as Smelter. I think Summers/Waller will be good catching the ball.

Chas_Jacket

Jolly Good Fellow
Eric,
is it possible to read a positive into the report that since Deandre is not ruled out definitely that the injury may not require surgery so that he may possibly be available for a bowl game(s) ?

AlabamaBuzz

Helluva Engineer
Eric,
is it possible to read a positive into the report that since Deandre is not ruled out definitely that the injury may not require surgery so that he may possibly be available for a bowl game(s) ?

Eric will know best, but PJ mentioned that there would be more tests on Monday, so not sure they have ruled out structural damage just yet.....sure hope it is just a bruise or sprain...

GTJason

Helluva Engineer
Saving Smelter for the playoffs, I like it!

In all seriousness though I don't blame uga for his injury, I didn't think he was down seeing it live and the whistle was late. The guy tackling him was just trying to get him down. I don't blame the refs either because if smelter breaks loose and gets 10 more yards there I think they would have called it that way on the field.

Now I need to shower off the filth I just stepped in defending a dawg